closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Casio G-shock Riseman size

Casio G-shock Riseman size

A question for anyone who owns a G-Shock Riseman, what size it please ? I've seen two different sizes quoted in adverts on the internet, 44mm and 51mm diameter.

Sensor to red button 50mm. Lug hole to lug hole 47mm. 2-7 46mm.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Just buy it. It's an excellent watch.

Master
    Riseman is great. I haven't seen one but I want to check out the Rangeman. From what I can tell it's a superior watch

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Just buy it. It's an excellent watch.
    This really is the truth, though I'm planning on shifting mine on.

Not sure the rangeman is superior, it's got more features, but is somewhat larger. I'd like to try one though.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Thank you for the replies guys.

It's not big for a G shock, about the same dimensions as a 6900. Wears quite flat on the wrist. The Rangeman in comparison really is huge.

I recently bought a Riseman and am surprised by how small they actually wear,I wouldn't worry about the size at all. My 12 year old son can carry it off,it genuinely looks ok on him.
    They are a great watch for work/everyday wear-just buy one I am sure you wont regret it.
    I think they are all the same size aren't they? It must be the measurement including or not including the sensor?
    Last edited by chaplad; 5th March 2014 at 09:42.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    The Rangeman in comparison really is huge.
    I agree. The Rangeman is a big watch and really needs to be tried on before buying.

Thank you for the further replies chaps.

Craftsman
    G Shocks are 60% off on Groupon today if anyone's interested...

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/speci...ct-55-35340530

after a minute or 2 of measuring mine i have:

50-51mm lug to lug
    around 44mm from 10o'clockish to 4o'clock-ish
    49mm from extremes of sensor to red button shroud

this is not as big as it possibly sounds as g-shocks have very different cases to other watches and a lug to lug measurement say may not mean entirety the same thing as a classically shaped watch
    also the sensor does not add as much size as it sounds, more like having a very big crown on the other side than usual than contributing to a huge case

having said that, if you would like an opinion from someone with small (6 inch wrists or a little under) i never wore mine, i tried it on a few times but i thought it was too big for me. i do feel more comfortable with smaller watches however and the riseman is not beyond the pale for someone with similar wrists to me, just on the big side

too big for me basically

it is significantly smaller than some other masters of g though, smaller than the current mudman 9300 which i have also tried on, this was far too big even though the strap is great and for someone whose wrist is a little bigger it would be ok

and the riseman is much smaller than the rangeman, which is an immense watch but possibly the coolest looking g shock i have ever seen

hope this helps

Don't let the size concern you too much, they wear a lot smaller than they look.

I had a riseman, gx56 and a new frogman recently, and have tried on a rangeman. Of the 4 the riseman is by far the smallest, wears nothing like the size of eg a 44mm Panerai - the measurements are kind of meaningless on such an odd shaped watch. Gadgets per size the riseman is pretty small in comparison to other gadget-rich watches.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I had a riseman, gx56 and a new frogman recently, and have tried on a rangeman. Of the 4 the riseman is by far the smallest, wears nothing like the size of eg a 44mm Panerai - the measurements are kind of meaningless on such an odd shaped watch. Gadgets per size the riseman is pretty small in comparison to other gadget-rich watches.
    these are my feelings towards the riseman as well and it does feature a very nice complement of capabilities for its package, no two g shocks are the same functionally (may not be quite true but pretty much) and the riseman is strong in good usable features

And again, thank you for the further replies chaps.