closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Muse - Big deal in the UK?

Muse - Big deal in the UK?

I recently picked up Muse's disc and I am impressed with what I hear. They are very diverse and range from 80's alternative to rock to latin. They also have a lot of UK based bands influences in much of their music. Wondering, are they a popular item in the UK?

Just started listening to them myself after seeing them on TV.I find some of their earlier stuff so-so, but Black Holes is excellent IMHO. :)
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus
    Just started listening to them myself after seeing them on TV.I find some of their earlier stuff so-so, but Black Holes is excellent IMHO. :)
    They are really big amongst the 'younger' generation. I saw them (I'm from the 'older' generation) in Manchester last year - they were brilliant. They were voted best live act for 2006, I think it was by radio 1 listeners

:)

Alan

Yep I really like them.

There's a great live version of their latest "Knights of Cydonia" from 4music on youtube.

Freaky trem work. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNJMOY4K7Ro
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I'm 50 next month, does this make me too old to be enjoying Muse? Should I delete all of my "young" music from my phone/camera/mp3 player? :wink:
    F.T.F.A.

I'm 50 next month, does this make me too old to be enjoying Muse? Should I delete all of my "young" music from my phone/camera/mp3 player? :wink:
    Yes.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Muse are one of my favourite bands, but I don't get out to see live music much these days.

"Plug in baby" was the first I'd heard of theirs. I think their use of the piano must resonate with my classical music upbringing or something - I love it - very dramatic.

Cheers,

Guy :)

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    Yes.

Eddie
    What about my flares? I kept them from the first time around and recently started to wear them again. Am I too old to be wearing these as well? :(
    F.T.F.A.

Master

What about my flares? I kept them from the first time around and recently started to wear them again. Am I too old to be wearing these as well? :(
    Now you're showing off!! I certainly can't get into my flares anymore; even when trying to use the leg as a waistband!!!

Back OT - the piano / keyboard work is superb and it's interesting the number of influences you can find in Black Holes and Revelations (that'll be back in the car player for the next week now 8) !)
    Cheers,
    Nigel
    :occasion5:

Journeyman
    Yeah Muse are one of my favourite bands, saw them at Leeds festival and they were unbelievable. There new stuff is really good but I?m a massive fan of Absolution and origins of symmetry. Plug in baby but particularly butterflies and hurricanes are astonishing tracks, great to work out to. That?s got me wanting to listen to them now but probably not suitable for the office environment! :(

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by engeew

Now you're showing off!! I certainly can't get into my flares anymore; even when trying to use the leg as a waistband!!!

Back OT - the piano / keyboard work is superb and it's interesting the number of influences you can find in Black Holes and Revelations (that'll be back in the car player for the next week now 8) !)
    Cheers,
    Nigel
    :occasion5:
    So true, Nigel. I hear everything from The Beatles to Queen to The Cure to latin flavor as well! Very diverse and almost every song different from the previous. Excellent band.

Journeyman
    If you get the chance to see them live, do so. You won't be disappointed.

Cheers

Andi

This what did it for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N6ntLJUs1U

They are a class act.

Sorry,

Plug in Baby was good but after that, yawn.

Prog-rock for 21st century teenagers. Well up their own arses.

Nice guys I've heard though...

You retiring or staying on?? :wink:
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkwindmill
    Muse are one of my favourite bands, but I don't get out to see live music much these days.

"Plug in baby" was the first I'd heard of theirs. I think their use of the piano must resonate with my classical music upbringing or something - I love it - very dramatic.

Cheers,

Guy :)
    Only song I know - it's OK.

I'm deffo in the old league.
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Craftsman
    You tube them headlining Glastonbury, they are amazing live.