closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: What's your magic number?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll

7 8.05%

36 41.38%

32 36.78%

10 11.49%

1 1.15%

1 1.15%

Thread: How many watches have you worn in a day?

Master

How many watches have you worn in a day?

I'll elaborate a little. As my collection has grown I've found myself wearing a number of watches in a day. It's usually two, I have a few on rotation for work and then usually put my 6309-7040 on when I get in. I have kids so it's the safest bet! I think my answer to this question is 3, I don't think I've worn more than that in one day.

Just to be clear, this is not watches that you've tried on but the amount that you've worn for say more than one hour in a single 24 hour period.

Where's the 23+ option?

I'm now switching watches every 1 hour and 1 minute

Realistically, it's probably 3... Put on whatever I was wearing to bed the day before, switch to a second one a bit later, if I fancy a change and maybe put on my dive watch if I'm off diving.

M.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I only have a very modest collection (of 2) at the minute so I just rotate these, usually on a daily basis

I do have another coming for a special birthday later this year but still think I'll be a one watch a day man

If I wear a particular watch to work I always change to another when I come home.

At weekends I usually change at least twice a day - something that appears to be an endless source of amusement for my wife

2 maybe 3... sometimes two at once though...

Normally 2 a day. But sometimes 3. I tend to change when home from work, and perhaps another in the evening. Normally this is just to keep the autos going or to chuck on a chrono for cooking.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
    2 maybe 3... sometimes two at once though...
    One on each wrist or two on one?

Grand Master
    I often wear 2 in a day; I carry out final regulation on watches I`ve serviced by wearing them for several hours on one of my own straps. That's the best method to get them right IMO. I then swap back to one of my own for going out etc.

I`ve been known to wear one on each wrist when testing them, which look as a bit odd.

Paul

Craftsman
    I'am a three a day man, work watch, night watch and day watch.

I voted 3, because I know for a fact that I have worn a watch to work, come home and changed it, then changed it again when I've gone out for the evening. Usually it's 1 or 2 though.

I feel like a failed WIS :-( I rotate watches, but not within a day

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I often wear 2 in a day; I carry out final regulation on watches I`ve serviced by wearing them for several hours on one of my own straps. That's the best method to get them right IMO. I then swap back to one of my own for going out etc.

I`ve been known to wear one on each wrist when testing them, which look as a bit odd.

Paul
    Are you hinting (all be it ever so subtly) that you actually service watches?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomega View Post
    I feel like a failed WIS :-( I rotate watches, but not within a day
    I don't think you'd be considered failed with that impressive list in your sig!

Blog Entries
    On a normal day, just the one - I tend to rotate daily. If I'm on holiday though, that will go out the window and I'll wear something robust during the day and often something dressier for the evening. I also wear my PRS-10 as a gardening/spannering/DIY watch as it appears to be indestructible and scratches are easy to polish out of the crystal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    It does come over as a little desperate, seeing it all the time.

Oh dear - its spilling into Watch Talk now...

To answer the original question however, I generally just wear the one watch a day - occasionally changing if smarter dress is required.
    Last edited by Umbongo; 7th March 2014 at 17:40.

It'd be a busy day, but work, exercise and then going out would all 'require' different watches.

Generally one a day though if not going out, at the end of the day it's usually back in the box and tomorrow's watch is selected, wound and set for the best day. A very pleasing ritual...

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Owing to health issues, the only watches I`ll be working on for the next few months will be my own. Whether I return to servicing other folks' stuff depends on several factors. I may have been guilty of self-publicity in the past........but not this time.

Paul

....I have the same ritual, cease work Friday, home, off with the weekly worn watch and into the box. Remove the next in line from the winder, and add another watch to the winder box. Sadly, all watches are worn in strict rotation according to weight (keeps the winder balanced) - the exception to the rule is when there is a new arrival!!!
    I will change to wear a Seiko diver if there is a prospect of DIY or gardening.......bit anal I know, but them's my rules!!!!

2 - is the magic number. One for work and one for whatever else, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    I don't think you'd be considered failed with that impressive list in your sig!
    Thanks, but I still only wear one a day!

I've tried lots on in a day, but I think the most I have ever changed watches in a day is 3.
    It's just a matter of time...

Not more than one or two at one day, because I don't hold my watches at home... So I don't have the opportunity to chance when I would like that, BUT I think it's saver. :)

Best! Glenn

Above your standard number unfortunately

Also....... 1 ?!?!?! Surely you jest ?

Ah, ok, sorry, just opened the thread and had missed the "in a day" part. In that case, probably 3-4 would be my number if by worn you don't mean "tried on" in which case it might've been above 10

So far it seems most only lead a double life! in jest of course!

Max 3 but only if I'm doing DIY/cycle/run. When I'm on holiday I like to have the two. Since the insurance company now insist they are in the safe I tend to stick to one.

One for work, one for outdoor freetime, another when I'm home, something else in the evening.
    It counts 4 I guess.

I have a couple of watches I wear for work, an out of work watch and a few I choose for going out (Don't wear a watch for DIY etc) So it would probably be 2 or 3

Usually one for at least a few days, before shifting to something else. The are days that I feel the need to try something else during the day, but not so often. And there are days that I'm changing watches, because of the activities of the day, i.e. work in the morning, outdoor activities in the afternoon, that require a watch I don't mind treating badly such as a G shock.

I swap through 2 or 3 a day sometimes then wear my favourite for a week!

Apprentice
    If it's a work day normally 2. On a weekend usually 1 but sometimes like today 2 or 3 as I have been working on my bike and been out also.

Craftsman
    At the weekend it's not unusual to put any old watch on first thing, when not entirely awake, change it later for gardening/dog-walk and change again for going out in the evening. 3 seems quite reasonable.

Master
    So 2 is leading the way, closely followed by 3

Regularly two, that's one to the office and a swap when home for my daughters bath time! It could be three if I then go out!

Sad to admit I bring 2 watches to work. One for the morning clinic - one for the afternoon clinic. I've tried keeping to one, but I just don't have the discipline!

Two for me, G-Shock for work and then whatever takes my fancy whenever , currently Dreadnought GMT.

Craftsman
    5, but not often. I often wear 3 watches including a tracer at night time.

I said 3 because that's not uncommon really: I'll usually wear something to the gym like my already scratched and easily replaced black Mako 2, and then not necessarily put on the same watch when I get back. Or I will also quite often wear something just because whatever else I was wearing is not so comfortable for prolonged computer usage (I wear my watch on my mouse hand). I've worn more than 3 in a day, but I can't remember any specific occasion or reason and it's far more usual for me to stick to one. In fact, I'll usually stick to the same one for several days in a row, especially since I got my white Kemmner Turtle, which is pretty close to "the one watch" for me (but not quite).