closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: US Memorial Day

Craftsman

US Memorial Day

Tomorrow, 28 May, is Memorial Day here in the US. A day on which most people in the US pause to reflect on those who have served in the armed forces, and in particular those who gave their life in the service. For me, it doesn't matter whose armed forces.

Think what you will of the current conflicts and those politicos who act as war lords. You won't find me giving them any support. But take a moment to say a silent word or two in remembrance of those who answered the call of thier country, fought and died.

Tomorrow I'll march in my home city's Memorial Day parade as a member of the Veteran's of Foreign Wars wearing my old uniform from my service in Vietnam. Rergardless of your nationality, please support those who serve and have served.

Craftsman
    Amen!!

Michael 8)

Craftsman

Re: US Memorial Day

Quote Originally Posted by Pararescue
    Tomorrow, 28 May, is Memorial Day here in the US. A day on which most people in the US pause to reflect on those who have served in the armed forces, and in particular those who gave their life in the service. For me, it doesn't matter whose armed forces.

Think what you will of the current conflicts and those politicos who act as war lords. You won't find me giving them any support. But take a moment to say a silent word or two in remembrance of those who answered the call of thier country, fought and died.

Tomorrow I'll march in my home city's Memorial Day parade as a member of the Veteran's of Foreign Wars wearing my old uniform from my service in Vietnam. Rergardless of your nationality, please support those who serve and have served.
    I'll second that. We have to support those who currently serve and thank those who helped preserve the freedoms we now enjoy.

Happened to see another TV showing of Patton Sunday evening and seeing the 7th Army patch reminded me once again of the stories my oldest brother told of his tour in Germany in the waning months of WW II.

Although most war damage had been rebuilt when I served in West Germany post Berlin Blockade, there was enough evidence left to show the horrors of what happened over there, on both sides.

Maybe we should dedicate Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" to the politicos one more time.