closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone got Now TV

Anyone got Now TV

Looking for opinions, good or bad?

I'm after watching Sky Atlantic without buying in to a full Sky package.

For Game of Thrones? Same here, considering it for a fiver a month while the season is on.

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    For Game of Thrones? Same here, considering it for a fiver a month while the season is on.
    Yep. Seems to be £35 for six months which includes the box.

Blog Entries
    I bought a box recently. Don't know if the offer is still on (a month ago or so) but, if you signed up for an account, they were giving a month's free Sky Movies as well. I then bought the box with a free day pass to Sky Sports as there was an away european game I wasn't attending that I wanted to see. Pretty straight forward to set up. Only let down was that about three times during the match, it started buffering (there are few obstructions between that and the router and we have 50mb broadband). I haven't tried it with movies or one of the sky entertainment channels so I don't know if the problem was caused by it being a live streamed event or not. We also have a smart TV in the other room with Amazon Prime video and we have no buffering issues with that. Very pleased overall.

I wouldn't bother with the box, would just access through the browser on the computer that's connected to my TV, assuming that's an option?

You can access it without an extra box if you have YouView.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    You can access it without an extra box if you have YouView.
    What's that?

Craftsman
    I’ve just signed up for a month’s free trial using a YouView box. I don’t think they have high def output yet but found the quality acceptable with a reasonably fast connection. If you don’t have a YouView box try accessing the free trial on a computer to give you a feel for the content.

Thanks, all.

I ordered the box last night so it should arrive within a week. It'll be right next to the router so hopefully the connection should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    What's that?
    http://www.youview.com

We started using Now TV last June with the excellent Groupon offer. (£14.99 for 6 months + 5 sports 'day' passes)

Initially, I streamed it through an existing Roko box, I then bought 2 x Now TV boxes for the kids bedrooms.

I think it's a great service. Much cheaper than adding the movie channels/bundle to my Virgin Media package, as well as having an enormous library of older films.

We also use it on an iPad when we're out and about, staying at hotels, traveling etc.

One other point, I've never had any problems with buffering (using Virgin Media - up to 50mb) when steaming live sport or movies. Even when using the Roku box in the summerhouse, about 50m away from the router.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    I bought a box recently. Don't know if the offer is still on (a month ago or so) but, if you signed up for an account, they were giving a month's free Sky Movies as well. I then bought the box with a free day pass to Sky Sports as there was an away european game I wasn't attending that I wanted to see. Pretty straight forward to set up. Only let down was that about three times during the match, it started buffering (there are few obstructions between that and the router and we have 50mb broadband). I haven't tried it with movies or one of the sky entertainment channels so I don't know if the problem was caused by it being a live streamed event or not. We also have a smart TV in the other room with Amazon Prime video and we have no buffering issues with that. Very pleased overall.
    Check your email mine was continually buffering on sunday got an email from sky on Monday with an apoligy for the bad service , they attached another free days pass to it .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the big fella View Post
    Check your email mine was continually buffering on sunday got an email from sky on Monday with an apoligy for the bad service , they attached another free days pass to it .
    Thanks for the advice. No email, sadly. It happened the first time I used it and during the subsequent time I used it for a live game. The nice thing is that, unlike a stream on the computer, it did actually play all the catch up coverage once it recovered from buffering. I know that meant I was watching a few seconds/mins after the live game but at least I didn't miss anything. I must try it out with a movie or Sky entertainment programme to see if the 'live' aspect makes any difference at all. As I say, the Smart TV through Amazon Prime is fine and is fed by the same router.