closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Can I have my money back?

Master

Can I have my money back?

Last night wore the Italian at a dinner with friends.

Took great care to wear a short sleeved shirt so that there was nothing to obscure the watch.
    Then (like a girl with a new engagement ring) made sure that my left arm, and the watch, was in front of everyones face whenever I handed out a drink, food, whatever.

No one, not one person took even a glance at it.

I am heartbroken.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My girlfriend noticed mine immediately and likes it much more than the DN. Too big for her though :)

I did find that during certain activities, the wire lugs worked themselves around and the strap came off! Check the tightness of the screws before the weekend guys :wink:

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    you obviously move in the wrong circles :lol:

Perhaps you should have floated it in the gravy boat :P
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Craftsman
    You have to admire the Italian for what it is - the epitome of pure, unobtrusive, not in your face, stealthy, classy understatement.

Seems to work, too. :wink:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones
    My girlfriend noticed mine immediately and likes it ........:wink:
    Yes my wife really likes it as well.

Obviously like your girlfriend she is influenced by size (sob)......

Master
    I would take that as a compliment at least it carries itself off well. The first thing I noticed with mine was how elegant it looks on the wrist its the biggest watch I have had for a long while yet it feels light on the wrist.
    paul. :D

What we need is a Daytona :wink:

Master
    LMAO :lol: :lol: Well, like others have said, the Radiomir case design is pretty low key, albeit large in diameter. Maybe they're just used to you and your watches :D
    Cheers,
    Bruce

Master
    I'm travelling in the US at the moment on a business trip. I had a work dinner the other night that included two Swiss gentlemen. At the drinks afterwards, one of them asked me about my watch (the Italian). He asked 'is it Swiss' - I then had a hard time explaining that the movement was, the case was German and the design English based on older Italian design. He did approve and asked how much it costs.

I was early for picking my wife up yesterday and wandered into the mall and of course went to Tournau. Most of the salepeople know to ignore me as I am just looking but some don't. I was browsing when this salesman approuches me and asks if I need help. No just looking. I had the sleeves of my shirt rolled up as it was very hot on LI and I had the top down on the car, he notices the Italian. What brand of watch is that? I take off the watch and go through the whole history of the watch. He is very impressed and he took his time looking at the watch from all angles includeing the movement. Mechanical very nice, yes it is a Unitas handwind chronometer grade Yada-Yada. He hands it back to me and asks if I want to buy an Orbita winder to keep the automatic movement running. I put my watch back on and left shaking my head in disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr
    I was early for picking my wife up yesterday and wandered into the mall and of course went to Tournau. Most of the salepeople know to ignore me as I am just looking but some don't. I was browsing when this salesman approuches me and asks if I need help. No just looking. I had the sleeves of my shirt rolled up as it was very hot on LI and I had the top down on the car, he notices the Italian. What brand of watch is that? I take off the watch and go through the whole history of the watch. He is very impressed and he took his time looking at the watch from all angles includeing the movement. Mechanical very nice, yes it is a Unitas handwind chronometer grade Yada-Yada. He hands it back to me and asks if I want to buy an Orbita winder to keep the automatic movement running. I put my watch back on and left shaking my head in disgust.
    What a pro :D :lol:

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr
    . He hands it back to me and asks if I want to buy an Orbita winder to keep the automatic movement running. I put my watch back on and left shaking my head in disgust.

:D :D :D :D :arrow: :roll:

He must be there top salesman.

Sounds like a genius, Ron...
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

This must be why manufacturers are always telling us that it pays to buy from an authorised dealer. :wink:

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

ROFL excellent stories :-)
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Master
    :lol:

It's a nice design, that does not scream 'talk to me'-rather, confidently composed and comfortable.

Perhaps no commission with that salesman :wink: :lol:

Best wishes,
    AP

Re: Can I have my money back?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej
    Last night wore the Italian at a dinner with friends.

Took great care to wear a short sleeved shirt so that there was nothing to obscure the watch.
    Then (like a girl with a new engagement ring) made sure that my left arm, and the watch, was in front of everyones face whenever I handed out a drink, food, whatever.

No one, not one person took even a glance at it.

I am heartbroken.
    Hey, if Eddie won't give you your money back; I'll take it off your hands. Say 50% of what you paid for it as it's second hand now. :wink: :lol:
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Journeyman

RE:

Only other WIS's ever notice. No one else really cares. It's not like a new boob job.

It is a very subtle but large watch. My 3 year old daughter came home and noticed I had a hair cut and a new watch. In the end, that's all that really matters to me.

Dave

Master

Re: Can I have my money back?

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    Hey, if Eddie won't give you your money back; I'll take it off your hands. Say 50% of what you paid for it as it's second hand now. :wink: :lol:
    Compared with many of my watches that 50% is a good offer.

Can I get back to you in 3 or 4 years?

I have another possible explanation for you, Andrzej. Your family /friends are used to you sporting a variety of different watches as they know you collect them. However, they see a watch as a watch and don't notice the difference.

I know this to be true as the same thing happens to me. A while ago I bought a Military Mark V from Ventura, as an inexpensive way to see if I liked something of Panerai dimensions. This thing has an all-black case, an all black dial, measures 44mm across the bezel (49mm across the diagonal of the case), is 15mm deep and sits on a 24mm black alligator dial. Subtle it aint :lol:. Yet I wore it for a week before a single member of my family even noticed it :shock:.

Here it is.

Amazing how unobservant people are, isn't it?

Simon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft
    I have another possible explanation for you, Andrzej. Your family /friends are used to you sporting a variety of different watches as they know you collect them. However, they see a watch as a watch and don't notice the difference.

Simon
    I suppose I struggle to notice when the wife has her hair done - and that costs way up of a £100 a time every few weeks.

Makes one of the other topics here on the forum on watch servicing seem much less of a problem

Thomas Reid
    I occasionally ask my wife what she thinks of the latest iteration of a dial, say one where I've corrected an egregious error noticeable at way less than 10x. And what does she say but "Is that one different?". It's enough to make your blood boil. ;)

Best wishes,
    Bob

I am to the point where I would rather those close to me not notice as if they noticed every time I had something different it *might* be an issue... ;-)

I have one older semi WIS cousin who looks for stuff and I have instructed him that if something interests him and he wants a closer look to NOT say anything publically and just give me the high sign or something and I will be glad to take him aside and show him and discuss the stuff. :D Sometimes I beat him to it and just grab him off to the side to get that out of the way so as not to make a scene around the non WIS.

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier
    I occasionally ask my wife what she thinks of the latest iteration of a dial, say one where I've corrected an egregious error noticeable at way less than 10x. And what does she say but "Is that one different?". It's enough to make your blood boil. ;)

Best wishes,
    Bob
    You think your wife is unobservant? :shock:

This is completely true:

Several years ago I changed cars; from a Jaguar XJR to an Audi A8.

Weeks afterwards (and after several rides as a passenger) my wife drove the Audi and upon her return she asked me when I'd had the 'TV screen' (actually a Sat Nav) fitted. When I replied that it had always been there she retorted 'no it hasn't, there was a radio there before'.

This confused me until after further questioning I discovered she was actually referring to the Jaguar, when I pointed out the new car was completely different her defence was 'well, they look the same to me'...........

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy

You think your wife is unobservant? :shock:

This is completely true:

Several years ago I changed cars; from a Jaguar XJR to an Audi A8.

Weeks afterwards (and after several rides as a passenger) my wife drove the Audi and upon her return she asked me when I'd had the 'TV screen' (actually a Sat Nav) fitted. When I replied that it had always been there she retorted 'no it hasn't, there was a radio there before'.

This confused me until after further questioning I discovered she was actually referring to the Jaguar, when I pointed out the new car was completely different her defence was 'well, they look the same to me'...........

R
    :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
    Dave E

I love it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Simon

It's amazing how people don't notice significant changes.

I've been visiting the same post office almost every day for the last 5 or 6 years and the counter staff hasn't changed during this time. We often chat and tell a few jokes when time permits so I would say we know each other pretty well.

A couple of years ago, I shaved off my beard, which I'd been growing for about a year. The women behind the counter said nothing so I asked, "Notice anything different?". She studied me for a couple of minutes and said, "You've got new teeth".

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne

A couple of years ago, I shaved off my beard, which I'd been growing for about a year. The women behind the counter said nothing so I asked, "Notice anything different?". She studied me for a couple of minutes and said, "You've got new teeth".

Eddie
    That happened to a guy I used to work with as well, with someone he'd worked with for more than 2 years. Odd that the teeth thing is the same!
    Dave E