closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a kitten roaming the streets.......

Found a kitten roaming the streets.......

Opened the door today to walk to work and was confronted by a kitten which was clearly in distress. She was dirty and pupils were very dialated. I managed to get her in my flat and went and had a walk around to see if anyone was searching for their missing pet . No avail. My mrs rang the RSPCA and their response was "cats roam" so not interested . My mrs explained it was a kitten but they responded the same. We've called local vets to inform them and on Monday will put an AD in local newsagents and will also do some cold calling tomorrow.

I'm shocked that the RSPCA don't want to know and not really sure what to do if all else fails apart from keep her which I of course would.

She's used a litter tray and happy to be handled so definitely not a feral cat.

Here she is. A lovely looking little thing.I reckon she's around 6 months or less of age.

Master
    Aww what a little beauty. Take her to the vet and see if she's been chipped.

Keep her - she looks adorable. These things happen for a reason sometimes...

She'll be a nice little girl to keep around :-) Just get her to a very to make sure she's well.
    Last edited by ach5; 12th April 2014 at 18:29.

+1 on the microchipping check: our vets have reunited quite a few pets through this facility.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

When we called the vets they said bring her to get scanned but it's highly unlikely she will chipped.

I will check though .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    When we called the vets they said bring her to get scanned but it's highly unlikely she will chipped.

I will check though .
    Then this little beauty is yours!

Was that collar on her when she arrived?

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Then this little beauty is yours!

Was that collar on her when she arrived?
    Erm no haha.

My mrs bought her it :))

Craftsman
    RSPCA are sadly more interested in prosecuting humans than saving animals.

The RSPCA are only interested in banning fox hunting and badger culls. They are not interested in animal welfare. They are hopeless and useless.

Journeyman
    Nice, used to have three cats....now have one dog and always looking after friends canines.....May get another cat one day....just to put the dogs nose out of joint....

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    RSPCA are a complete bunch of tossers, more interested in money making than animal welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    RSPCA are a complete bunch of tossers, more interested in money making than animal welfare.
    It seems so Mike.

I was a little shocked when they didn't want to know.

Somebody needs to let Alex know that his account has been hacked.

Fluffy kittens? What?
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    Suits you Sir. Welcome to the world of Cat ownership :)

i suspect that you have decided already :)

I think you may have just been adopted

Blog Entries
    Erm no haha.

My mrs bought her it :))
    It's a done deal... Enjoy her... Little fluffy pets rock!!!

Master
    She's a beautiful little thing. Well done for taking her in. No collar is a shame for her but she looks happy enough.
    Lots of places do chip for free so maybe this will come up trumps and they go a long way from home and get hopelessly lost.
    She's safe which is the main thing.

That's how our oldest cat adopted us 11 years ago. We could not trace an owner, she was not chipped, the wife put on a collar with our telephone number in case the real owner was missing her. Sounds like she has adopted a new family.

What a gorgeous little cat. I think you've landed on your paws there!

Many years ago my father was a police traffic cop. One day while driving he saw a little orange thing in the kerb, and stopped to see that it was a tiny ginger kitten. What could he do? He brought it home. She was a lovely cat and companion for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I think you may have just been adopted
    Yep - that's how it works. You have been chosen.

Looks like she's already made herself well at home :-)

Still check to make sure she's not chipped though. If not then enjoy your new best friends company

Grand Master
    I'm shocked that the RSPCA don't want to know
    I'm not. Not remotely. Good for you for doing what the RSPCA used to do, and should be doing, but doesn't, because they've got other more pressing matters to attend to.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    The RSPCA are only interested in banning fox hunting and badger culls. They are not interested in animal welfare. They are hopeless and useless.
    Agreed. In my experience , I've found the same.

I would never donate to these useless fools. They're all probably too busy drinking tea at base than be interested in actual welfare of animals.

Keep you updated lads.

At this present moment she's in bed with my mrs :)

In an ideal world we will find her owners.

In the real world I need to move home cos animals aren't allowed!!

Last edited by forpetesake; 13th April 2014 at 01:10.

Master
    Not like you to turn away "free pussy" Alex !!! ;-)

Seriously though looks lovely, reminds me of our old cat who we sadly lost about 7 years old

maseman

Would buy you a pint OP.

Blog Entries
    Our cat thinks that your kindness towards that kitten entitles you to the rank of HERO!

Blog Entries
    Well done for taking her in! She looks lovely.

I just counted up and realised that our last nine cats were walkins.

Good work on taking the cat in Al.

Re the microchipping, a lady I know fosters animals. She took a lost cat into the vet to check for a microchip and the upshot was the cat came from Paris!

How it got here nobody knows but the owners came over from France to collect their lost pet, so a happy ending.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Good on you Al for taking her in. I experienced a very similar story when I lived in the UK, I too was walking to work one morning, and along a walkway which runs alongside a dual carriageway I heard a cat crying, and upon investigation, I found the sounds coming from a big bag, and so I ripped it open, and inside was this kitten.

Long story short, I kept her, and she had a wonderful 15 years with us.

We had a stray cat turn up in our garden a little while ago. As has been already said, the RSPCA were less than interested.

If you are thinking that you can't keep your little mate then try your local Cat Protection League representative.

Our's was excellent in trying to find any original owner and,once they were satisfied nobody wanted it, they took our stray in and re-homed it within days.

Blog Entries
    Good on you Alex, (she has already adopted you, as cats will do...) !

Long time since I donated money to the RSPCA, tried get their assistance when saved a blackbird chick, not interested at all !
    Look at their managerial salaries, and you should see their head office in Horsham ....... ( EU headquarters spring to mind !)

Cheers, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    Good on you Alex, (she has already adopted you, as cats will do...) !

Long time since I donated money to the RSPCA, tried get their assistance when saved a blackbird chick, not interested at all !
    Look at their managerial salaries, and you should see their head office in Horsham ....... ( EU headquarters spring to mind !)

Cheers, Peter
    Alex, top job in getting yourself adopted

As has been mentioned, cats often choose us!

I'd like to think that people were being unfair to the RSPCA but I too have had similar encounters, both with a stray cat and a feathered friend.

Out local vet was very helpful on both occasions and wouldn't take a dime either time (they have done well out of us because of the rest of Noah's ark but fair play to them for reciprocating the positive relationship). I just wish the RSPCA were more willing to offer a modicum of assistance, rather than responding with the script based response of an offshore call centre.

Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    ...you should see their head office in Horsham ....... ( EU headquarters spring to mind !)...
    This one:

...?

Master
    Well done Alex. I love cats myself. Best get her to a vet for a thorough check over though and to make sure she is healthy.
    Lovely looking cat.

I'm not a supporter of the RSPCA but the charity was obviously started to prevent cruelty to animals, rather than to rehome lost cats or other animals which people seem to expect nowadays. Of course this doesn't excuse corporate excesses they might be guilty of.

As for abandoned garden birds, leave them be. They'll survive or die (obviously) - that's nature.

Good on you for taking her in. Have you tried putting up a few signs?

Craftsman
    beautiful cat, perhaps she had climbed in the back of a van or lorry and then got driven off a long way from home?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    + 1 on this. We had virtually same thing happen to us between Christmas and New Year. This little girl just turned up out of the blue, not chipped, no response from RSPCA or Cats Protection so now we have a cat! Both me and Lab' totally not into cats but what can you do? Lovely really...cough....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorrocks View Post
    + 1 on this. We had virtually same thing happen to us between Christmas and New Year. This little girl just turned up out of the blue, not chipped, no response from RSPCA or Cats Protection so now we have a cat! Both me and Lab' totally not into cats but what can you do? Lovely really...cough....

Luvverly!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    hi, top man! were abouts was she found?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorrocks View Post

She's beautiful....... but I see the furniture has started to suffer already!

Once read a sci-fi story about some astronauts captured by highly advanced aliens and stuck in a zoo as curiosities. It was only when the astronauts made a pet of an animal they found that the aliens realised the men were sentient.

Last year a wandering adult cat tried to adopt me/find a place to get extra grub. It was very friendly, had a collar so I had to keep it shut out until it realised I was a heartless b****** and it went on its way. I'd love another cat or two but it's problematic for me now, so it won't be happening.

As what some of the others have said above, I'd send her for a check-up at the Vet then keep him/ her?

Cute.

I found kitten power in my car a while ago, for me like you the RSPCA weren't really interested and a neighbour ended up adopting the kitten, a happy ending, maybe? As according to my daughter the neighbour looked decidedly like a cat murderer.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...as-been-modded

Just got back from the vets.

It turns out she has a Penis so the pink collar is in the bin :)

Not chipped.

So I'm making up some posters tomorrow to put around locally but the vet seems to think the owners would have contacted them by now. But I will give it a bash.

It seems we may have a new pet then :)

Blog Entries
    Just got back from the vets.

It turns out she has a Penis so the pink collar is in the bin :)

Not chipped.

So I'm making up some posters tomorrow to put around locally but the vet seems to think the owners would have contacted them by now. But I will give it a bash.

It seems we may have a new pet then :)
    hi, lol! i had that problem one night in boro!

Master
    Ah yes, it's a guy, so that may explain why he wandered a long way from his original home. Tomcats do that. If you keep him, better get him neutered to limit such walkabouts, and to avoid excessive urinating.
    We have six here, five of which are ex-feral walkins. We live in a rural setting and have observed terrible carnage amongst young feral cats. Counted at least 20 born in three years, of which only the above five have survived. Half the death toll is due to road kill, and then there is disease, exposure in winter, larger predators, hunting...
    All go back to the same mother/grandmother feral/farm cat, who died without ever having slept indoors or having allowed us to touch her, but who obviously designated us as foster parents for her offspring.
    Cats tend to happen to you. There is no escape for anyone with a heart. :-)