closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Yellow on black

Journeyman

Yellow on black

Being an owner of the DA36 and the PRS-17C, I am quite keen on the yellow on black colour combo. I've recently bought a new strap intended for one of these watches. Although its shade of yellow is clearly a better match for the Precista than for the Damasko, I've started wearing it on the latter, as I put it much more regularly on my wrist.

It is similar style, feel, and thickness as Rhino and Zulu straps, so it was quite difficult to squeeze it through between the spring bars and the case of the DA36, due to its short lugs.

Best wishes,

Pawel

Not being nasty Pawel, but those two colours really, really don't match. A black leather strap with yellow contrast stitching to match the second hand would look great, but to be honest if you can't match the colour it tends to look a bit odd.

Sorry mate

Simon

I have to agree with Simon.

I too have tried to match colours in straps to the details in the watch & it has only worked when the colours were an exact match IMO.

Perhaps it's closer to the Precista yellow?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Journeyman
    I expected this kind of reaction :). Yes, of course you are right -- the colours do not match. As a matter of fact, they do not match so clearly that I initially supposed I would keep the DA36 on this strap only for the couple of minutes needed to take those funny pics ;). Surprisingly, I've found the two mismatched yellows have something perversly attractive in them :lol:. Of course I am going to change this strap to something better suited, but I'll keep it for at least another week or two.

Pawel

Blog Entries
    When i owned a 36 i put it on a leather strap that i had coloured the white stitching with a yellow permanent marker pen ( i think made by Sqinky)the result was very effective.

Martin
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Eddies DN strap matched my 007 a treat. Just a little bit of the right colour is all it takes.

F.T.F.A.

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by pcichosz
    I expected this kind of reaction :). Yes, of course you are right -- the colours do not match. As a matter of fact, they do not match so clearly that I initially supposed I would keep the DA36 on this strap only for the couple of minutes needed to take those funny pics ;). Surprisingly, I've found the two mismatched yellows have something perversly attractive in them :lol:. Of course I am going to change this strap to something better suited, but I'll keep it for at least another week or two.

Pawel
    Go for it!

You know what I say? Way too much uniformity around! Uniform surface finishes on the case. Uniformly coloured lume for the hands and dials. Uniformly flat dials. Uniform base colour on the the dial. Uniform fonts for all levels of writing on the dial. Blah! And, wait for it, double blah! ;)

Best wishes,
    Bob

Blog Entries
    Found the link to mellow yellow

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...highlight=da36

Martin
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Thomas Reid
    I too like a bit of yellow (Naples Yellow, but hue, unfortunately). After the work on it this weekend, it was "officially" changed from being a Folly to being a F&J. So, it will be around for a while. :)

FJ984

Best wishes,
    Bob

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I did this with a highlighter pen to match the second hand of the 36.

The match was pretty good, even if I say so myself :)
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Journeyman
    Bob wrote

Go for it!
    Here, Here!

I like the Naples yellow hue used for your dial. Very subtle and instantly vintage, which given that Naples yellow is one of the oldest synthetically produced pigments known, seems somehow right.

ben4watches

The match was pretty good, even if I say so myself :)
    Actually its not that bad.

But you will have to go for the complete matching ensemble :lol:

Regards Kevin

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I have always thought the yellow if the 36 was a Hi Viz type yellow, sort of a greenish hue to it.

I was surprised the first time I saw it.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Quote Originally Posted by Behomond

But you will have to go for the complete matching ensemble :lol:

Regards Kevin

With matching accessories.

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!