closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: An Italian in Qatar

An Italian in Qatar

Had a phone call yesterday morning from the guys at UPS, saying that they had a package for me... :)

Congratulations, Eddie - another winner. My wife loves it, and has already threatened to 'borrow' it a few times! (Sorry about the reflections of the light fitting - I'm not a great photographer!)

Thanks for looking.

Congrats. Looks great. :)

Hi

Its a cracking watch eh.?

But with that huge crystal its hard to get a good phot without a reflection.!

Thanks
    deano

Nice! (Starting to pine for mine to arrive now...)

I like the reflection, sort of looks like a UFO!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    I see a trend here the ladies in our lives seem to be falling for this one my wife does not normaly have anything to say when something new arrives but the Italian well she loves it 8)
    Paul. :D

Craftsman
    Hhhhmmmm.... I wasn't too keen on the watch in the beginning, as I thought it might be too big for my wrist. But it looks absolutely brilliant.

And if now I could finally say "Honey, really, I thought you were going to like this one for a change and not be as indifferent as you are about the other ones, I bought it because of you, really"...

I'll have to think about this. :wink:

At any rate, congratulations to everyone who got one. It looks fabulous, enjoy! And thanks for the pictures! :lol:

Guntram

Master
    Looking good in Qatar!!!

8)

Quote Originally Posted by Guntram
    And if now I could finally say "Honey, really, I thought you were going to like this one for a change and not be as indifferent as you are about the other ones, I bought it because of you, really"...
    Slippery slope, Guntram, slippery slope..... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: That's like inviting the woman to permanently borrow it. ;-)

As for myself, I am covered. Mine has a Fiddy replica (yes, a fake, a nice one too) that she loves, so she will leave mine alone. 8) I don't care of the wife wears a replica occasionally. She takes it out every now and again and happily wears it. Like anyone really cares what the wife wears. Metaphorically speaking, it's like having countermeasures against enemy torpedoes. ;-)

Another good thing for us who will have the non decorated version (you see that I am still trying to make myself feel better for not getting on that list when I had the chance ;-) ) is that it just won't be as attractive to our women. The see through back is stealth bling, on a watch, and they as well as we love that sort of eye candy. Well, solid back = no eye candy = worry free ownership with less chance of it being "shanghaied". :twisted: I think that I have that all sorted and I am sticking to it!!! :twisted:

Seriously though, congrats to all of the lucky buggers who got one. ;-)

Excellent Qatar-wol. Best pictures I?ve seen yet. At the beginning I didn?t like the numbers being so far out on the dial but now it makes sense. It is a homage but has its own personality too.

Nice strap, very nice strap. Suits it. :love10:

john
    Every watch a story.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by worlok
    Slippery slope, Guntram, slippery slope..... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: That's like inviting the woman to permanently borrow it. ;-)
    Aaaahhh... I dunno... a 44 mm clunker on that wonderful, beautiful, delicate, lovable wrist... well, darling, if you wanna be hit on by other women, go ahead, not a problem, I'm just saying...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the comments, guys. It's a great watch, and I'm really pleased with it.

The numerals are a little close to the edge of the dial if you're looking at the watch full on, but I think this is because I've become used to seeing more space around the edge. The whole watch is lovely and slim - it's only about 12mm thick, I think, and because the back has such a big area, you can wear a nice loose strap, and friction stops it from slipping down your wrist.

Strap changing is a pain in the bum, but I think I'll just stick to one particular piece, and not lose any screws! :)

Journeyman

Re: An Italian in Qatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol
    Had a phone call yesterday morning from the guys at UPS, saying that they had a package for me... :)

Congratulations, Eddie - another winner. My wife loves it, and has already threatened to 'borrow' it a few times! (Sorry about the reflections of the light fitting - I'm not a great photographer!)
    Hi there, Al-Qatari. Congrats on your #007! UPS did me proud out in Kaz too: #051 reached me last Friday!

Re: An Italian in Qatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Essel

Hi there, Al-Qatari. Congrats on your #007! UPS did me proud out in Kaz too: #051 reached me last Friday!
    Congrats! nice to know these watches are safely making it all over the world! :)