closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The ITALIAN has landed

Master

The ITALIAN has landed

Special delivery from the postman this morning - the Italian LE.

I must admit to having being slightly sceptical - being a Panerai fan - but in the flesh the Italian is superb. The hands do not look as blue as they do in the photos - only when the light catches them, the rest of the time they are very subtle.

My wife is Italian, and I have my mother-in-law (who is the classic 75 year old Italian lady who actually lived through the war in Italy!) staying with me at the moment - she saw the watch and her comment was "it's beautiful" - so praise from an authentic Italian.

Anyway - watch is great - it's a big watch, but because it's relatively thin (thinner than a PAM) it sits well on the wrist. Relative to the price of a current Panerai it's a bargain. Thanks Eddie - very well executed. It was worth the wait.

Here's some very quick snaps comparing it to a PAM111.

Nice to see another in the flesh - looking nice and slim! :)

Looks great, not out of place at all with the Panerai next to it.

regards

siggy

Re: The ITALIAN has landed

Quote Originally Posted by NikosF
    The dial on the PRS-20 really gives the impression that it is larger than the Panerai.

A real cracker.!

Thanks
    deano

How much was it if I may ask?

Arrived this morning

Snap

fantastic job Eddie, thanks - I will try and take more pics later..

Best regards

Mark

Master
    Looks really good! Btw, it should be 1mm larger if the specs are the same as the Radiomir. Here's a lousy pic of a PAM 111 next to a Black Seal.

Looks pretty similar, eh? :D

Enjoy,
    Bruce

Looking very good!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

What a great looking watch. I'm really going to have to save up for a non-LE version.

Master
    ..oh that's shiver, babe...

@ BruceS: whats straps do you have on yours? gorgeous "cognac"!

so as all not in the line for the LE: the next has to be the nonLE!

cheers, frank

Master
    It looks excellent.
    Congratulations! :)
    Best wishes,
    AP :)

I'm just thankful that Eddie is doing a non LE version. :wink: This way the ones who couldn't do the LE can at least experience the greater part of owning such a great looking watch.

I really think that once the word gets out that he is going to get a lot of non LE orders. I mean, once real news of this thing hits the BWF and other places, watch out! I just hope that Richemont doesn't get any nasty ideas. :twisted: I don't think they can, though, since it doesn't have the TM'd crown guard thingy. 8)

That movt on the LE though is really sweet. :D

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkuere
    ..oh that's shiver, babe...

@ BruceS: whats straps do you have on yours? gorgeous "cognac"!

so as all not in the line for the LE: the next has to be the nonLE!

cheers, frank
    The Radiomir strap is Panerai, the one that comes with the watch. I believe the one on the 111 is a Strap-Works 1860.

Master
    Imho, the case looks preferable to the other ones.
    The dial and hand combo is gorgeous.
    Excellent looking watch-I agree Tom, I think there will be quite some number of non-LE orders! :D

Best wishes,
    AP :) 8)

Thomas Reid
    It looks very good. Enjoy!

Best wishes,
    Bob

Master
    thanks bruce!

Congratulations Eddie, another beautiful baby. I don't think you are charging enough!

Wear it in health Nikos. :)
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Looks awesome!

Enjoy!
    8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock
    Congratulations Eddie, another beautiful baby. I don't think you are charging enough!

Psssssssst!
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Master
    I love it already:

:D

Pics

Another picture,

Cheers

Mark

Master
    Nice pics Mark!!

Master
    :D looks so good!
    A very real treat :D 8)
    Best wishes,
    AP :)

Ok! ... Who is going to give us some profile pics? :P :roll:

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

I hesitate to introduce any kind of negative element into all this Italian LE euphoria, and by & large I think it looks fabulous, but...

... am I the only person on the forum who doesn't 'get' the blue hands? Why blue? Aesthetically I just think they'd look much better black.

I'll get my coat .

Simon

I'm afraid I'm also azur-sceptic. I would have had a non-LE in a heartbeat had it had plain black hands.

I presume there is a historical reason for this colour choice?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft
    I hesitate to introduce any kind of negative element into all this Italian LE euphoria, and by & large I think it looks fabulous, but...

... am I the only person on the forum who doesn't 'get' the blue hands? Why blue? Aesthetically I just think they'd look much better black.

I'll get my coat .

Simon
    Quote myself,

FWIW I quite like the 20 but I think the blue hands look out of place, too blue really but that might be just the pics, maybe its not so in your face in the flesh.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Blog Entries

I'll get my coat .

Simon
    I've just spent about 20 minutes hunting this down so I hope you appreciate it :)

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ht=panerai

You can't see it on the top 3, but the California dial certainly has blued hands.

Makes me laugh, 2 people on TZ were criticising the PRS-20 and saying that the line on the hour hand ruined it for them. Maybe I'm being unfair, but I'm pretty sure that had Panerai kept this original style of hand, they'd have loved it.

The hands are very blue, but only at some angles, other times you don't notice it. You really need to see one to see if you'll get on with it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches

I'll get my coat .

Simon
    Quote myself,

FWIW I quite like the 20 but I think the blue hands look out of place, too blue really but that might be just the pics, maybe its not so in your face in the flesh.

To "get" the blued hands, you have to look at the history of the hommage Eddie produced.

Eddie is historically correct, depending on the light & angle viewed they can look Black or Blue per originals

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by radyo
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches

I'll get my coat .

Simon
    Quote myself,

To "get" the blued hands, you have to look at the history of the hommage Eddie produced.

Eddie is historically correct, depending on the light & angle viewed they can look Black or Blue per originals

Hummm, I too also do not like the idea of introducing/ persuing a neg tread about what is by and large a stunning watch.
    I displayed it on our lcd 32 inch tv and asked swmbo what she tought of it....and her comment was 'looks stunning, shame about the replacement hands' ....... the hands do look out of place on the watch (would not happen if the dial was per example white) a little bit too blue, like they are trying too hard kind of feel imho, I do however like all else on the watch and may well order a non le if they ever become available....replacement hand can be had faily cheaply even if Eddie would probably shoot me for it :o

Snoopy

Blimey Snoopy, I'm stunned at the idea that your SWMBO knows enough about watches to comment on something having 'replacement hands' :shock:.

Mine no longer even notices what watch I'm wearing, and genuinely wouldn't see the difference between a Black Monster & (say) a black faced Seamaster...

Simon

Craftsman
    Blimey Snoopy, I'm stunned at the idea that your SWMBO knows enough about watches to comment on something having 'replacement hands' :shock:.

Mine no longer even notices what watch I'm wearing, and genuinely wouldn't see the difference between a Black Monster & (say) a black faced Seamaster...

Simon
    Simon,
    :D MY SHMBO has over 100 watches, EXCLUDING 48 g shocks/ baby g's, name it, she has, and caught the desease from me BUT reasoned that ladies watches are mega cheap compared with man's, on fleabay, markets, auction house etc, they go generally for nothing so she gets them for the fun of it. And does not even bother me with them, changes her own bats, straps, cleans them etc. Name it, she has them, tudors, omegas, cartiers eternas etc etc and can spot a fake before I do.
    I cannot grumble, most of her stuff was aquired for peanuts, latest, a gmt seamaster two tone that indeed requiered a polish and new bat, also a bracelet resize, it is a mid size watch and she still got it for £25........togheter with a 9 kt gold Eterna 1930 on 9 kt expandeble bracelet, absolutely mint....£10
    Yhep, she can spot a 'problem' or irregularity a mile away wile still asleep....I guess I am lucky :D
    Snoopy

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy

Simon
    Simon,
    :D MY SHMBO has over 100 watches, EXCLUDING 48 g shocks/ baby g's, name it, she has, and caught the desease from me BUT reasoned that ladies watches are mega cheap compared with man's, on fleabay, markets, auction house etc, they go generally for nothing so she gets them for the fun of it. And does not even bother me with them, changes her own bats, straps, cleans them etc. Name it, she has them, tudors, omegas, cartiers eternas etc etc and can spot a fake before I do.
    I cannot grumble, most of her stuff was aquired for peanuts, latest, a gmt seamaster two tone that indeed requiered a polish and new bat, also a bracelet resize, it is a mid size watch and she still got it for £25........togheter with a 9 kt gold Eterna 1930 on 9 kt expandeble bracelet, absolutely mint....£10
    Yhep, she can spot a 'problem' or irregularity a mile away wile still asleep....I guess I am lucky :D
    Snoopy
    Where did you meet this treasure - I'm thinking of (another :( ) change of Mrs. :D

I love this watch!

Good grief...

Simon

I have no experience of Eddies watch but I will say that I have had watches with blued hands before that I have not even noticed but when taking a pic the blue has really stood out.

Could this be what is happening here?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

The blue only really shows at certain angles, and mostly as a very deep, dark blue. I suspect it shows more in photos due to the angle of the shot as people try and get a clean shot with the domed crystal. It is much less apparent in real life!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C
    I have no experience of Eddies watch but I will say that I have had watches with blued hands before that I have not even noticed but when taking a pic the blue has really stood out.

Could this be what is happening here?
    Very likely Neil, it is just strange that almost all pics semm to show the same vivid blue...plus it has been comented by owners....lovely watch but if its hands are as blue as pics show, chances are I would chage them for either a darker blue, or black...or perhaps they would grow on me, dunno, from what I have seen Eddie does not produce watches that are not spot on so your point may well be correct.
    Snoopy