closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Arrival: Tudor Pelagos

New Arrival: Tudor Pelagos

New to me today, a 4 month old Tudor Pelagos. I've been after one of these for a while and I'm so pleased with it. Just enough wrist presence, and absolutely beautifully made. Just a crappy iPhone pic for now, but I'm a very, very happy watch-nerd today.

Nice!

Would like one of these myself, just slightly concerned it might be too big for my 6.75 inch wrist.....

ok on yours?

Thanks - I love it. The bezel is an absolute work of art - the ceramic but non shiny insert, and solid click.

6.75 is about the size of my wrist, and it's very comfortable indeed. It sits beautifully and doesn't wear too high at all. My big block and Seiko SKX007 both feel higher.

My wrist is the same and it fits better than the photo suggest ie no overhang by the lugs

Yes, the perception of bezel overhang is just a consequence of me trying to get the watch in the right position for a (admittedly awful) wrist shot with my iPhone.

Nice watch but big.

Have you got a pic from farther away?

Here's one a bit further away and with the staaaahndard for scale. It's a big watch, but it really doesn't wear big.

Yep, loving that Pelagos!
    It is really helpful to see varied wrist shots and some sort of scale, takes a little of the guess work and a lot of the disappointment out of distance purchases. Firmly on the Wish List, and sufficiently different from my Black Bay.

Craftsman
    Looks great, proportion-wise on you....enjoy!

I love the Pelagos, alas ownership won't be a possibility for me for some time. One day...

Quote Originally Posted by stuartforrest View Post
    Hmm, I can see me getting one of these.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Another one that on my long list of watches I would like.

Looks great!!!

Lovely watch. Looks really good.

Very nice. I'd have one of these in a second if I didn't have such puny wrists.

Care to measure the length from lug to lug for me please ?

Congrats.
    One of those watches that is hard to find ANY fault with.

Journeyman
    nice!!!

Congratulations on your purchase. It's one I'm constantly tempted by.

Looks fine on your wrist

Should be in a position to get one later in the year,hoping there will be some ADs stocking them by then so I can try one on.

Excellent purchase. I'm really fond of these, but I've never seen one in the flesh.

Thanks for all the kind words. I hadn't seen one in the flesh until a few seconds before I bought it, so it was a bit of a heart in mouth moment, but I was blown away by it.

I tried to get some pics today but the light wasn't great and I was in a rush, so here's the only half decent one. I think it does a reasonable job of capturing some of the textures I like on this watch. The bezel is absolutely gorgeous, both the titanium edge and the matt ceramic. The dial and numbers are super clear, and I really love the no shiny surfaces feel of the Ti.

It's beautifully understated, particularly by comparison to the C rolexes. I'd recommend one to anyone based on the few hours I've had it so far.

An unexpected bonus was that the seller (he's not on TZ-UK) was wearing a Speedbird PRS-22 GMT, another watch I hadn't seen in the flesh. That's a seriously impressive piece.

Craftsman
    congrats - love the pelagos. I find its a watch that is so much more impressive in the flesh

Good aren't they.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Good aren't they.
    Fantastic. Such a lot of watch for c. £2k, which is where they seem to be used.

Looks great!

Is that... public transport?!

Quote Originally Posted by stuartforrest View Post
    Here's one a bit further away and with the staaaahndard for scale. It's a big watch, but it really doesn't wear big.

"A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I know. The horror...

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Very nice. I'd have one of these in a second if I didn't have such puny wrists.

Care to measure the length from lug to lug for me please ?
    Sorry - forgot to do this last night, however the internet tells me that the distance is 50mm.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I'm loving the idea that the OP sold the car in order to fund the watch. Bravo, Sir! ;-)

SGR

Master
    Congrats, been wanting to scratch this itch for a while now

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by MarcJ View Post
    Congrats, been wanting to scratch this itch for a while now

Enjoy

Use cream
    ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by StuartGR View Post
    I'm loving the idea that the OP sold the car in order to fund the watch. Bravo, Sir! ;-)

SGR
    Ha, no chance. In a former life (which is how I know Foxy) I spent a lot of time in silly cars, but I'm over that now. Most days, it's all about the train. Just one of the reasons why I'm around here a lot more...

Congratulations, I love mine as well. It is extremely clean. Solid and well designed and I am a big snowflake fan. Definitely the least "bling" of all my watches so I see why some find it "cold" but that's exact what I love about it.

Craftsman
    Great Watch! Wear it in Health!

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Congratulations, I love mine as well. It is extremely clean. Solid and well designed and I am a big snowflake fan. Definitely the least "bling" of all my watches so I see why some find it "cold" but that's exact what I love about it.
    I love my Pelagos for the above reasons, however I just can't get on with the bracelet. It digs into my wrist at the top of the clasp. Yes I could wear it on a strap, however it just looks so good on the bracelet.

The dial, hands and bezel are amazing.

Master
    Stop it you lot! This outpouring of love and praise for the Pelagos is not helping me resist. My wallet is twitching. My will power is weakening. I really don't 'need' another watch (but I soooo want one)!

I've just got to hope that a mint one doesn't pop up on SC for less than two grand. Resistance would be futile.

Just come back from Las Vegas and compared one of those side by side with a rolex sub,I'd have the Tudor every day over the rolex and it's a lot cheaper ,but felt equally as good

Quote Originally Posted by pstruck View Post
    Stop it you lot! This outpouring of love and praise for the Pelagos is not helping me resist. My wallet is twitching. My will power is weakening. I really don't 'need' another watch (but I soooo want one)!

I've just got to hope that a mint one doesn't pop up on SC for less than two grand. Resistance would be futile.
    you'd have to be quick on the draw for that!!!

Craftsman
    Walked through Dubai duty free the other day and only the tudor stood out Not a bargain there so another lurker for a used one...
    Last edited by bmwrover; 15th May 2014 at 16:54.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Just come back from Las Vegas and compared one of those side by side with a rolex sub,I'd have the Tudor every day over the rolex and it's a lot cheaper ,but felt equally as good
    I did exactly the same, only in the far less glamorous surroundings of a little local jewellers (in Portslade for those who know the area, so not even in central Brighton!).

I was completely surprised when I idly glanced in the window to see the Pelagos sitting front & centre of the display! Went in and had a chat with the owner (who was bearing a Black Bay - nicer in the flesh but still doesn't sing as much to me as the Pelagos). He showed me a Sea Dweller he had on display too and in comparison I have to say the Pelagos beat it hands down in looks and finish IMO.

If only I could afford one!
    Last edited by andy100; 15th May 2014 at 20:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    you'd have to be quick on the draw for that!!!
    There have been a couple. £2k solid seems to be where they are.

Mine hasn't been off the wrist since it arrived, and all my WIS mates who've seen it love it.

Once you've tried black.... You'll not go back. :) superb looking watch you lucky man.

While in ceasers my mate bought a graham chrono fighter ,I was trying to convince him on the Tudor but he wanted something a little different and it seemed a good deal