closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anybody been to San Marino?

Threaded View

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I'm at a conference just outside Forli for the rest of the week (actually SWMBO is and I'm just here for the beer Sangiovese) and I have a strong impulse to do a day trip to San Marino tomorrow. To be honest I'm really just doing it to cross another country off the list; I'm under no illusions and realise that the place is probably a sh;thole awash with hawkers selling cheap booze, cigarettes and petrol as most low tax jurisdictions tend to.

Anybody had the pleasure? Any top tips, or do I just use the time for another couple of vineyard trips, a 3 hour lunch and yet another tour around the castle?
    Hi

Yes, I've been there a few years back, and I was not very impressed. Even in the tax-free regime, nobody buys watches there. The visit to the Rock is appealing- but honestly had the same feeling that had with Edinburgh castle - very evocative from the outside, very unimpressive inside. If I was in you I would rather go to Ravenna, where there are tons of fabulous Bizantine mosaics, or Ferrara - which is a jewel of a medieval town. If you are there for food and like fish, I would head to Cervia on the coast which has a couple of fabulous fish eateries. If you love mountains, in 30 mins you can be in the Muraglione area, where I would advice a walk into the Aqua Cheta, a place with natural waterfalls and enormous potential as relaxation therapy. If you are there for watches, there are some famous shops - also for vintage - in Rimini. You can also find something in "Arca del Tempo" in Forli, owned by a good watchmaker.

Ciao
    Franco
    Last edited by Franco; 22nd May 2014 at 10:05.