closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Meridian watches

What? Is that a riddle?

Its not a riddle. Only haven’t heard or seen anything new from them over the inter-web lately...perhaps soon...

Master
    I was wondering what was happening with them too.

I note that this http://http://www.meridianwatches.com says a new website is coming soon, whilst this http://http://www.meridian-watchmakers.com/index.html is obviously the same watch - but no link to it from the other website?

Does anyone know what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    I was wondering what was happening with them too.

I note that this http://http://www.meridianwatches.com says a new website is coming soon, whilst this http://http://www.meridian-watchmakers.com/index.html is obviously the same watch - but no link to it from the other website?

Does anyone know what happened?
    It's been like that for a while... and given we only heard from 1 person who owns a Meridian watch - and he seems to be given it because he worked for them - I am not optimistic about their future.

I do not like the Meridian's, I also do not like Bremont, the IWC Big Pilot, or U-Boat watches so I will not be taking part in this thread.

Thank you.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I spoke with Simon who owns Meridian a couple of weeks ago when I bought a watch from him. They are as far as I know, very much still in business although I think he has a couple of new (and thankfully smaller) models in the pipe line as well as a bit of a rebrand.
    As I've said before, and I'm far from a fan of the current offerings, Simon's enthusiasm and down right OCD with the details is impressive to say the least. I would personally say he needs to invest a little more in the marketing side of things to build some kind of brand awareness / strength. I hope after the shuffle this will be the case.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I spoke with Simon who owns Meridian a couple of weeks ago when I bought a watch from him. They are as far as I know, very much still in business although I think he has a couple of new (and thankfully smaller) models in the pipe line as well as a bit of a rebrand.
    As I've said before, and I'm far from a fan of the current offerings, Simon's enthusiasm and down right OCD with the details is impressive to say the least. I would personally say he needs to invest a little more in the marketing side of things to build some kind of brand awareness / strength. I hope after the shuffle this will be the case.
    I must admit - I quite like them. When I 1st saw the price (which if I recall correctly was £6k) I did rather choke a bit - but I believe they're making, at least the majority of, the movement themselves - so I guess they can justify it.

I'm still not sure why they is an 'old website' and a Facebook page what hasn't been updated for ages - it doesn't give a good impression and only leads to (the hopefully incorrect) conclusion that there are issues.

Hopefully they'll get themselves sorted soon :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    I'm still not sure why they is an 'old website' and a Facebook page what hasn't been updated for ages - it doesn't give a good impression and only leads to (the hopefully incorrect) conclusion that there are issues.
    Indeed. A messy online image is very damaging. They should get the two URLs pointing to the same site and even delete their FB page if they can't spare the time to keep it fresh.

Journeyman
    Let's resurrect this thread, three years on and I'm still loving my Meridian (probably the only person doing so)

Here it is wearing the orange ISOfrane, it's done three years and still doesn't miss a beat, it's no safe queen either it's been wet, muddy, shaken and stirred and still comes back for more.

If you want to know what Simon is up to know, take a look at Garrick watches.

Oh and just for the record, I have no connection to the company apart from Simon is my watchmaker

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Meridian is no more? I'll be honest and say I hadn't paid them any attention since this thread.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    So Meridian is no more? I'll be honest and say I hadn't paid them any attention since this thread.
    No, Meridian is still alive, available along side Garrick. Well, it was the last time I went into the makers

Matt

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by busmatt View Post
    No, Meridian is still alive, available along side Garrick. Well, it was the last time I went into the makers

Matt

So they have two brands now? What's the difference? Difference price point?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    So they have two brands now? What's the difference? Difference price point?
    Meridian is big, bold and not the watch you're going to wear with a suit. Garrick is more refined and slimmer

Matt

Master
    I'm still stumped why they need two "brands"

You can have very different models all under the one brand. Surely this just dilutes their presence?

You can have very different models all under the one brand. Surely this just dilutes their presence?
    Multiple brands doesn't seem to do Eddie any harm!

I like it Matt, big watch for a big guy!

Although how a 6' 4'' 200lb. guy makes it look like a girl's wearing it just mystifies me...

Quote Originally Posted by busmatt View Post
    Let's resurrect this thread, three years on and I'm still loving my Meridian (probably the only person doing so)

Here it is wearing the orange ISOfrane, it's done three years and still doesn't miss a beat, it's no safe queen either it's been wet, muddy, shaken and stirred and still comes back for more.

If you want to know what Simon is up to know, take a look at Garrick watches.

Oh and just for the record, I have no connection to the company apart from Simon is my watchmaker

Matt

I rather like that (but would go for a black Iso).
    Would love to try one for the right money.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    I rather like that (but would go for a black Iso).
    Would love to try one for the right money.
    like this?

Matt

Quite so.

I don't think it's having two brands that's the problem but he does seem to need some help managing his web presence for both of them, facebook, Ebay etc.
    His michlmayr.com page points to a different Meridian watch under 'Our Brand' and the only reference to Garrick is a rather cryptic picture on the 'Contact Us' page.
    As it happens I don't like either the Garrick or the original Meridians (new ones look better) but I'd like to see British watchmakers succeed and a better web presence would help that.

How many brands has Eddie got?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    As it happens I don't like either the Garrick or the original Meridians (new ones look better) but I'd like to see British watchmakers succeed and a better web presence would help that.
    The new ones are interesting: they appear to contain a "hand developed ETA A07161".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    I don't think it's having two brands that's the problem but he does seem to need some help managing his web presence for both of them, facebook, Ebay etc.
    His michlmayr.com page points to a different Meridian watch under 'Our Brand' and the only reference to Garrick is a rather cryptic picture on the 'Contact Us' page.
    Agree on this. The online presence is confusing.

I do wonder if the typical buyers of these watches (especially the Garricks) are not very web-focussed.