closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone post this amazing amateur tenor?

Anyone post this amazing amateur tenor?

I was almost brought to tears by this guy's voice. Good for him! 8)

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21904047-2,00.html

BRAVO!

I forgot. You all probably saw it live on the telly.

:shock:

Speechless. I was brought to tears! What an incredible voice!

Remarkable! It will be interesting to see what his next choice of song is.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    WOW!!

What a voice! :D

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha
    I hear he's going to perform Nessum Dorma.
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

The media is certainly building him up and he has some potential but his voice, however good, needs a lot more training IMO to be a successful opera singer ... he is maybe on a par with say the late Harry Secombe ... but unlikely he could ever be a Pavarotti ... compare Pavarotti's effortless and comparatively relaxed performance here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VATmgtmR5o4 ...

Very easy for the punters to get carried away by such a different and scarce talent ... remains to be seen if he 'makes it' big time ... and I doubt if any of the panel are classical opera experts.

Some people think Katherine Jenkins is a good mezzo-soprano ... she is good... and the media has built her up into a box office star and the fastest selling opera artist in the UK ... but she could never ever be on a par with say Cecilia Bartolli http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=2

The point I am trying to make is that it takes many years to develop into a successful opera singer and we should not be so easily overwhelmed by a couple of performances on a talent show.

Dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

I dunno, Sundial, think about it: This is one mobile phones salesman who's become a successful opera singer in his spare time. But how many opera singers become successful mobile phone salesman in their spare time? :D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by draz
    I dunno, Sundial, think about it: This is one mobile phones salesman who's become a successful opera singer in his spare time. But how many opera singers become successful mobile phone salesman in their spare time? :D :D :D
    :lol: :lol:

Seriously, he needs a lot of grooming and voice coaching to be a truly successful opera singer .. and if he wants to sing romantic duets he should consider having his teeth improved ... at the moment he is a media phenomenom made box office by the hysteria of the TV audience punters many of whom have never been to see or hear a complete opera.

He will have to be very carefully managed .. look what happened to poor old Don Estelle after the public got weary of him ... he had an equally good voice. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=0

Dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

There are a lot of good singers but very few great singers. I like listening to Russell Watson but I don't rate him amongst the greats. Joe Longthorne brings the house down with "Nessun Dorma" but I find his performance painful. My tenor of choice is Andrea Bocelli.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    <center>

"Britain's Got Talent' winner Potts to spend prize on NEW TEETH"
    :D</center>

Despite advances in 21st Century dentistry, Britain still lags behind

J.

All that's missing is a head shot of Austin Powers.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by worlok
    All that's missing is a head shot of Austin Powers.

I tried previewing a version, as per your suggestion, but it came across as gratuitous. (much like this post)

J.

This is simply an unbelievable story!
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Craftsman
    Though I made light of the poor bloke's teeth, I must confess, I too welled up with a tear upon seeing the first video clip.

His choice of Puccini's "Nessun dorma" couldn't have been better in my opinion.
    A notoriously difficult aria that made his performance all the more shocking.
    Sure, he might not be in the league of Pavarotti or Bocelli (yet), but ya gotta
    luv an ordinary, working class stiff bringing the house down.
    I hope he moves onward to greater achievement and enjoys his lifetime dream to its fullest.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by sundial
    .. and if he wants to sing romantic duets he should consider having his teeth improved
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Although he'd be in good company... consider some of the women who play young, fair maidens in operas :D :D