closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Royal Custom Watches, making replicas of their own mods?

Royal Custom Watches, making replicas of their own mods?

From their Kickstarter page:

"We are Royal Custom Watches. We hope to welcome you to the Royal Custom Team. We are known throughout the world for the watches we produce. We produce very high-end upgraded versions of the world's most popular luxury watch brand. We enjoy producing ultra-high-end timepieces, but we would also like to release low-priced; high quality; authorized replica versions of our high-end timepieces (most of which cost well more than $20,000). The illegal replica market is huge throughout the world. Watch industry experts have repeatedly estimated it to be an industry with over a billion dollars in ILLEGAL revenue annually. The LEGAL replica market doesn't yet exist. We are at the forefront of this outside-the-box thinking, and a successful campaign may encourage other companies to follow our lead.

We propose producing legal replicas of some of our watches. If successful, this business model could help to defeat those who produce items bearing counterfeit trademarks (unauthorized replicas) and put some of that billion dollars in revenue into a legitimate organization."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...es/description

I'm confused! Why?

Too right you're confused whats this all about?!?

In Royal Custom Watches, all of the external original Rolex components are removed and replaced with Royal Custom components (most of which are precious metal) so that the original Rolex components are not changed, damaged, nor altered. The perfect Rolex dial remains unchanged and is replaced with a dial made from platinum. So with a Royal Custom Timepiece, you are practically getting two watches - an original Rolex perfectly preserved and the upgraded, precious metal Royal Custom version housing the original Rolex movement. It is an original concept... a paradigm shift in the industry of Rolex modification.

Blimey Royal Custom parts are made of gold & silver! Well guys surely you'll be snapping them up just so we can take them apart and hot foot it down to the gold scrappers..

Good to see you can "upgrade" a Rolex with an Asian 2824 clone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post

I'm confused! Why?
    What part of: "Royal Custom Watches are dramatically enhanced Rolex watches for the purpose of improved durability, functionality, and aesthetic design." don't you understand?

Master
    Blog Entries
    If they wish to trade in the UK using the name "Royal" they will need permission from the Lord Chamberlain. I suspect they don't know this. I suspect theyndon't know many things tbh....

I get it.

They customise a Rolex, and declare it their watch.

Thy then produce nasty cheap replicas of 'their watch' (the customised one) somehow claiming it's not a Rolex replica.

Paradigm shift. In deception and logic.
    Last edited by stooo; 14th June 2014 at 07:01. Reason: arse
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Strange business model

Other makers who produce 'homages' with their own names on dont go through this kind of palaver (I love my Invicta by the way )

As Duncan Bannatyne would say - Im out.........................

Craftsman
    Ignoring the replica idea, what a stupid business plan. And the name is awful.

Can't see anyone authorising 'legal replicas'...."sure we will do the r and d and design and marketing and build the brand just so you can come along and take a slice of the pie while undercutting us and destroying all our hard work at the same time " . I think the crowdfunder is just another scam
    Last edited by seikopath; 14th June 2014 at 07:42.

Craftsman
    I found a thread on WUS about it, apparently it's run by a known scam artist.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/kic...1042025-8.html

Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    What part of: "Royal Custom Watches are dramatically enhanced Rolex watches for the purpose of improved durability, functionality, and aesthetic design." don't you understand?
    Every part!

It appears that it's an old friend of the forum.

https://www.facebook.com/terryallisonwatches

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

So should I invest my $65,000 elsewhere?

Master
    TAT watches?

Nice.

Banned
    Not that effing muppet again! I remember this bloke inboxed me trying to sell me a tourbillon kit for $10k!

Check out the promotional vid - its hilarious!

I'd have thought the very first requirement of anyone wanting to drop 65K on a custom Rolex is to have the word ROLEX on it in very, very large letters pretty much everywhere. This is the sort of item that caters for the modern luxury market comprising of things I can buy because I'm so bored I might as well spend some more money. Beyond tedious.

Its a rubbish promo vid. Take a rolly and make it look like you bought from a market in Thailand for $3.20

Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post

A very fitting promo video.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    I love the plasticky ticking sound.

Replica is the wrong word here, it's actually about hommage watches. Steinhart territory. So they say they are the solution to a worldwide problem but brands like Steinhart, Davosa etc are already here.

Are there actually people who have one of their Rolex mods?
    Last edited by Glen Goyne; 15th June 2014 at 07:15.

This must be some sort of joke. This video looks like it was shot hand held on an early iPhone, and edited by a 10 year old, and the watch looks like a cheap fake. I really cannot understand the thinking behind these companies who claim to make Rolexes better than Rolex. Who ever falls for it deserves what they get, replacing their expensive Rolex with a fake, and a nomination to the WIS Darwin award.

Master
    You spend the money buying an expensive watch, just to have it taken apart. You put it back together and paid someone more money to do so, and your watch is missing most of the original parts! That does not make economical or common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Replica is the wrong word here, it's actually about hommage watches. Steinhart territory. So they say they are the solution to a worldwide problem but brands like Steinhart, Davosa etc are already here.

Are there actually people who have one of their Rolex mods?
    I actually thinks it is about replicas, which makes it even stranger. They say so themselves. They are proposing to make actual replicas of their modified watches, not a hommage of them.

" We enjoy producing ultra-high-end timepieces, but we would also like to release low-priced; high quality; authorized replica versions of our high-end timepieces (most of which cost well more than $20,000)".

It's not meant to be ironic that he calls his watches TAT??

Master

what a load of crap

Create a web page pretending to sell modified rolex watches, then buy cheap knockoff rolex fakes and "modify" them with $2 worth of dial and then sell them for a couple of hundred more than he paid.

Just dropped on me! Stands for --- REALLY crap watches,---- Brilliant advertising,

He's been doing it for at least 15 years. You can read more about him here:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/.../terry-allison

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

So let me get this right...there's people out there who would buy a Rolex, have it modded by this fellow and slap the name Royal on it, make it look like a knockoff ? Why?!?!?

Who are his customers?!?!?!?!

Craftsman
    I m in! Wonder if he ll do a discount for 2....

I wonder do they still exist?

To the subject I would rather go with www.titanblack.co.uk , at lest I'll keep the Rolex name on my watch!

Master
    Looks like the kick starter is pulled. Good.