closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 30 death defying photos

Master

30 death defying photos

Not a fan of heights and my stomach churned looking at some of these.

http://www.boredpanda.com/scary-high...height-photos/

Banned
    Dayum I would fill my pampers 30 times being in that situations

Craftsman
    I wouldn't be a fan of heights, but have done parachute jumps, bungee and zip lining. Hardest height related thing I did was getting enough courage to walk on the glass floor of the CN tower in Toronto. It took me about 30 minutes to build up the courage to do it whereas all the other stuff I just did without hesitation!

EDIT:

Not me, but this is what I struggled with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JH_Knk9OuY

Craftsman
    same here, some of these will meet me in my dreams for sure

Banned
    Love the Petronas one!

Some of those people are nuts and others are just crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Enda View Post
    I wouldn't be a fan of heights, but have done parachute jumps, bungee and zip lining. Hardest height related thing I did was getting enough courage to walk on the glass floor of the CN tower in Toronto. It took me about 30 minutes to build up the courage to do it whereas all the other stuff I just did without hesitation!
    What - like this (my feet):

I'm scared of heights but only when I know the situation is potentially unsafe. I KNOW that the glass floor in the CN tower is safe (otherwise it wouldn't be allowed) however, get me within about 3 feet of a cliff edge and my legs get wobbly. put a barrier there (of at least half my height) and I'm fine again. Something to hold onto - no problem.

I think that I'm not actually scared of heights but more of falls with sudden stops at the end :-)

Cheers,

Fantastic photos, fair play to the brave people involved and for providing the chance for someone to take great pictures that I can view in the safety of my home!!

The one that freaked me out the most was the blond lying on the ledge taking the photo upside down. I think that's because that's the most real for me as I'd never be in any of the other situations.

Great legs too

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    I KNOW that the glass floor in the CN tower is safe (otherwise it wouldn't be allowed)
    I took my time before stepping out on it, I must admit. And while you may 'KNOW' it's safe, I know that it's a number of laminated glass panels fixed to a frame that are entirely capable of breaking down (UV, time, stress). It's little comfort that they are tested annually as any failure, as and when it happens, is quite possibly going to be a sudden event. The glass is comprised of a number of layers, some with an air gap between and some bonded together - a delamination or breakdown of the bonding resin may cause movement which puts stress on the mounting points or knock-on pressure on other layers.

It was a 'known' fact that the WTC couldn't burn down and it did... Unforeseen failure at the edges of the floor mounting caused failure of one floor which caused excess loading on the next, and so on.

I'm a worrier :)
    Last edited by kungfugerbil; 18th June 2014 at 11:50.

I don't know where it is, but the picture of a young dude standing on what looks like a star (pic 13), makes my stomach turn over.

Quote Originally Posted by JakubL View Post
    Dayum I would fill my pampers 30 times being in that situations
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that wears pampers!

Quote Originally Posted by Tam View Post
    I don't know where it is, but the picture of a young dude standing on what looks like a star (pic 13), makes my stomach turn over.
    Don't worry...he couldn't have fallen the whole 22 stories after coming off the spire! There's a roof to catch him:

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    What - like this (my feet):

I'm scared of heights but only when I know the situation is potentially unsafe. I KNOW that the glass floor in the CN tower is safe (otherwise it wouldn't be allowed) however, get me within about 3 feet of a cliff edge and my legs get wobbly. put a barrier there (of at least half my height) and I'm fine again. Something to hold onto - no problem.

I think that I'm not actually scared of heights but more of falls with sudden stops at the end :-)

Cheers,
    Yup, just like that! Once I was on it I was fine, it was just building up the courage to take the first step!

If I was camping attached to a cliff face I doubt I'd be reading a book! I'd be bailing out my trousers!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam View Post
    That was the one that got me!!

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    The one that freaked me out the most was the blond lying on the ledge taking the photo upside down. I think that's because that's the most real for me as I'd never be in any of the other situations.

Great legs too
    I think that's the only one I'd have the balls (sic) to try myself, I might have kept my legs down though!

Journeyman
    There is no way I would be asleep at any point during the night in that tent

Craftsman
    I need to lie down now. Feel sick

Master
    Stomach churning or what, some of them made my a... twitch.

Blog Entries
    Mmmhhh... Not for me, made me feel a little queezy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adzman808 View Post
    I think that's the only one I'd have the balls (sic) to try myself, I might have kept my legs down though!
    ....and that's the bit that got me about it; the tipping point.