Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
Good Morning, I am sorry to hear about your watch and hope that the insurance pay out.

I have had a Rolex Explorer II stolen from the same place along with cash from my wallet last week. It looks like the locker was prized open with a screwdriver or something but shut back up so that I had to use my key to get back in. The club had explicitily told me that nothing of this nature has happened before but I see the same thing has happened to you so it looks like they have a bit of a problem. The police have already said that they won't investigate any further as there is no CCTV of the lockers and the club are hoping that this is a one off. all my credit cards, phone and car keys were still there and it was just the cash from the wallet that was gone. In fact, if it wasn't for the watch going, I would have just thought that the missing cash was my mistake which leads me to wonder whether other members have had cash stolen and not reported it. I have asked the club to warn members but they seem very reluctant (as is understandable) to do so.

Hope you get your watch back or the insurance payout but my assumption is that we will never see the watches again.
Sorry to hear you too have been a victim, all I got by way of investigation was a phone call from a PCSO a week later - sign of the times I guess, the club have told me that I should have used the lockers at reception for any valuables hence they deny any liability. I have fortunately had the watch replaced on the insurance although I still had to pay £500 excess, I know my premium will go up as I previously had over 10 years no claims discount so all in all a rather sad state of affairs, from now on I don't leave anything at all of value in the lockers.