closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 35 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 8267

Thread: What do you drive?

Master
    Agreed, M badges should only be on cars with a Motorsport chassis number.

Banned
    The M is to BMW what the Ghia, or Zetec is to Ford these days. It's simply a trim level.

Master
    Sad but true

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    The M is to BMW what the Ghia, or Zetec is to Ford these days. It's simply a trim level.
    So what's the equivalent of the illustrious Ghia X

z

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    So what's the equivalent of the illustrious Ghia X

z
    Its gone all Titanium this and that now...

Master
    Ford have their 'ST' designation for their high performance models these days.

Must admit though it does look better with the H and the I missing, LOL.

Blog Entries
    Its gone all Titanium this and that now...
    Indeed - the TITANIUM X - sounds like a Geek's Strip Club

z

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dizz View Post
    Ford have their 'ST' designation for their high performance models these days.
    Not forgetting the rebirth of the RS.

As a few mates here will remember, I had a line green variant delivered upon launch. Have to say, it was a pure hoot!

Geometry correction

Although the car is new, a check at Center Gravity showed it had been delivered a little way off factory settings so here it is getting put right; with tyres at £350 a corner it makes no sense not to though rear wheel steer complicates matters slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    This is something they started doing as from the 2014 model year cars...
    It is NOT an M6 Gran Coupe, but the M-sport version....
    Mercedes are the same with their AMG Sport range. The amount of AMG badged diesels that I see where people have bought badges from eBay and stuck them on the back. I've gone for the stealthy look and had our C63 debadged and de-washed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    ...de-washed
    So passé. SWMBO has de-washed her cars for over a decade.

z

Great plate for someone like you!
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    If you rate suspension and gearbox as 'trim' so be it....

If you rate suspension and gearbox as 'trim' so be it....
    It's becoming more an aspirational badge like the Audi S-line where they stiffen the suspension and change the seats. Which is why you see loads of M and M Power badged cars on the road these days, that have never been near the M Division. Still it sells cars.

Good choice of colour too Ingenioren, Estoril is one of my favourites, assuming it is that colour.

I don't believe the gearbox is any different in M Sport models. I've got the 8 speed sport auto in my non M Sport BMW

Journeyman
    Picked up this old girl last weekend, 1987 420SL.
    Not my first choice of colour but condition wise much better than anything else I've seen.
    Makes a really nice noise on kick down but very smooth when cruising. Likes a drink though!

Looks in great condition. Welcome to the R107 club

Journeyman
    Thanks Jon, lets hope so. Nice thing is the wife is actually quite taken with it, which always helps

Quote Originally Posted by Jb71 View Post
    Not my first choice of colour but condition wise much better than anything else I've seen.
    Makes a really nice noise on kick down but very smooth when cruising. Likes a drink though!

I just love these vintage motors. Great find!

One of these two when the weather is warm/dry enough ...... just to add that the KA has gone (so has it's owner .. the wife) and so has my Impreza that's parked outside .... the rest is still here :)

Mine is in for a full spa treatment at the moment with wings, sill, seals and a full repaint !

My other money pit

This is now my car, as it was, racing in 1968. I bought it in 2009 from the guy you can see driving.

This was it just after I picked it up from the docks, 40 years in a damp detroit garage had taken there toll. You can just see my son behind the wheel. He's a lot taller now!!

And this is it now, well actually it's moved on a fair bit since this was taken. It has all the suspension, steering and brakes fitted so I can roll it in and out of the garage. All I need to do now is wiring loom, plumb the brakes, fuel lines and tank, fit the race seat, harness, lights, instruments, fire extinguisher, rollover bar...... hmm bit more than a weekends work then!!

Craftsman
    Nissan Qashqai for the boring stuff and a slightly more involving Renault Sport Clio 182 for a more spirited drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Heuerfan View Post
    This is now my car, as it was, racing in 1968. I bought it in 2009 from the guy you can see driving.

I like the look of that. What is it ? Ginetta ?

EDIT :

Ginetta G4 series 1 ?
    Last edited by oldandgrumpy; 1st July 2014 at 12:41.

Spot on, there are a few series 2's skidding around race circuits in historic racing but not many series 1's (only one other that I know of, currently in the USA). I hope Lord March knows a thing or 2 about Ginetta's... or maybe I'm just dreaming ;-)

Blog Entries
    It's becoming more an aspirational badge like the Audi S-line where they stiffen the suspension and change the seats. Which is why you see loads of M and M Power badged cars on the road these days, that have never been near the M Division. Still it sells cars.

Good choice of colour too Ingenioren, Estoril is one of my favourites, assuming it is that colour.

I don't believe the gearbox is any different in M Sport models. I've got the 8 speed sport auto in my non M Sport BMW
    Strangely enough, at the 'M' day BMW had at Goodwood on Thursday, I was commenting on the Gran Coupe M6 'Liquid Metal Silver' colour (a 4500 option !) and was told mine is the only Estoril GC in the UK, as was a special order for the dealer principal, as it is now a shade darker, 'San Marino' or 'Deepsea blue'.
    Of all the various cars I have owned, never received so many compliments on the colour combo !

Mercedes are the same with their AMG Sport range. The amount of AMG badged diesels that I see where people have bought badges from eBay and stuck them on the back. I've gone for the stealthy look and had our C63 debadged and de-washed

There's a guy up here in Edinburgh who has gone one step further with his M5 and has it badged "520D" !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by therossatron View Post
    There's a guy up here in Edinburgh who has gone one step further with his M5 and has it badged "520D" !
    That was also a fad amongst a small number of German owners of the original M5 who used to badge them as 518s.

Journeyman
    That looks really straight and clean, well done.
    Just putting the finishing touches to my other half's 380 SL this week, should be back on the road this weekend.

Lovely cruisers, very well built, just watch out for the dreaded rust, get into the habit of washing underneath and in around the wheel arches regularly, cars of this era are full of dirt traps that retain crud from the road, which then does a great job of trapping moisture and accelerating corrosion.

Quote Originally Posted by therossatron View Post
    Contemplated putting C180 on the back but in the end couldn't be bothered. Might sell my C63 and AMG badges on eBay as plenty of people seem to like putting them on their non AMG cars

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by M3gt View Post
    That looks really straight and clean, well done.
    Just putting the finishing touches to my other half's 380 SL this week, should be back on the road this weekend.

Lovely cruisers, very well built, just watch out for the dreaded rust, get into the habit of washing underneath and in around the wheel arches regularly, cars of this era are full of dirt traps that retain crud from the road, which then does a great job of trapping moisture and accelerating corrosion.
    Thank you. Yes first impressions are of a very straight car. I had a poke around the bulkhead area at the weekend and its in very good order, also started cleaning the wheel arches removing wheels and arch liners and all good so far. It's had a bit of paint but done well and panels appear original but I'm no expert and with only 2 owners its clearly been a cherished 2nd car for both. Needs a big service and fluids all changed which a mate of mine that owns a garage will do soon. Interior is excellent too, so yes very pleased over all. Just wish it was a dark blue or grey or black, but would rather have champagne over rust!!

Journeyman
    Thank you. Yes first impressions are of a very straight car. I had a poke around the bulkhead area at the weekend and its in very good order, also started cleaning the wheel arches removing wheels and arch liners and all good so far. It's had a bit of paint but done well and panels appear original but I'm no expert and with only 2 owners its clearly been a cherished 2nd car for both. Needs a big service and fluids all changed which a mate of mine that owns a garage will do soon. Interior is excellent too, so yes very pleased over all. Just wish it was a dark blue or grey or black, but would rather have champagne over rust!!
    Make sure your mate drains the PAS fluid as part of that work, most of these cars also have a replaceable power steering filter in the reservoir, well worth changing.
    Pay close attention also to the condition of the steering damper, the amount of play in the steering box and the front subframe bushes, when all these things are tip top the cars drive surprisingly well.

Master
    Contemplated putting C180 on the back but in the end couldn't be bothered. Might sell my C63 and AMG badges on eBay as plenty of people seem to like putting them on their non AMG cars
    Just give it a wash man, please!

Lovely car & love the de-badging, although I'd people don't hear the noise through the quads then they are either deaf or you aren't trying!

Even on start up they are a beast...my neighbour has one & leaves for work at 6am, I no longer need an alarm clock :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Just give it a wash man, please!

Lovely car & love the de-badging, although I'd people don't hear the noise through the quads then they are either deaf or you aren't trying!

Even on start up they are a beast...my neighbour has one & leaves for work at 6am, I no longer need an alarm clock :)
    Cleaned it tonight as I'm off to Palmer Sport at Bedford tomorrow and it was embarassingly filthy.

Start up you say, like this I recorded earlier in the year?

Cleaned it tonight as I'm off to Palmer Sport at Bedford tomorrow and it was embarassingly filthy.

Sounds lovely...

Master

Sounds so good.

If I now wire my ipad into my surround sound, I can wake him up instead :)

Hope you had a good day at Palmers

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Sounds so good.

If I now wire my ipad into my surround sound, I can wake him up instead :)

Hope you had a good day at Palmers
    Thanks, 100 mile round trip to Bedford managed to use over half a tanks of fuel. Unfortunately came second overall at Palmer for the third occasion, my boss is just that little bit quicker than me

Journeyman
    Thanks, 100 mile round trip to Bedford managed to use over half a tanks of fuel. Unfortunately came second overall at Palmer for the third occasion, my boss is just that little bit quicker than me
    Sounds like you need to LPG that Merc just like the PalmerSport cars
    I work for PalmerSport, hope you had a good time!

Sounds like you need to LPG that Merc just like the PalmerSport cars
    I work for PalmerSport, hope you had a good time!
    It's by far the best track event, only did an evening session yesterday but our group of 16 were the only people there.

I did have issue with my JPLM which had major understeer and kept randomly triggering the kill switch on every lap which really didn't help my times, was 3 secs a lap down on last year. Didn't get on with that instructor either.

It's amazing how differently the atoms handled from last time too, so twitchy and really hard to catch a slide.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Heuerfan View Post

This was it just after I picked it up from the docks, 40 years in a damp detroit garage had taken there toll. You can just see my son behind the wheel. He's a lot taller now!!

And this is it now, well actually it's moved on a fair bit since this was taken. It has all the suspension, steering and brakes fitted so I can roll it in and out of the garage. All I need to do now is wiring loom, plumb the brakes, fuel lines and tank, fit the race seat, harness, lights, instruments, fire extinguisher, rollover bar...... hmm bit more than a weekends work then!!
    Very nice job. From my Ginetta days (ex Chris/Alison Davis g15) that will be a "round tube" g4 then??
    Goat

Journeyman
    Can't seem to get a picture in but I'm driving a 135i at the minute and absolutely loving it

Blog Entries
    ]

New addition today

Craftsman
    1988 944. Its been my daily car for years now so its taken a beating. Beautifully solid though and just keeps going and going. The americans drive very slowly anyway so cars last a little longer here. I have a 1986 as well, but its on blocks right now.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitinheadlights View Post
    ]

New addition today

Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Well took the Freelander in for a service today and managed to get the owner of the Land Rover garage to lend me this over the weekend.

These never seem to be updated but that is what I am finding soooo appealing

Since a few months I got myself a new old car!
    I had been looking for this special and rare beast for a few years.

It's one of the 100 Daimler Century V12 6.0 litres ever built.
    Grey, full options, quite fast and thirsty...

But a great drive!

Craftsman
    They are cool

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitinheadlights View Post
    ]

New addition today
    Looks lovely in Lapiz Blue, I debated blue for a while but am currently waiting for mine in Pure White.

Some pictures of my ride: