closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New SD 116600 hard to source?

Master

New SD 116600 hard to source?

I'm flying down to london for a long weekend with the mrs and thought it would be an ideal opportunity to pick up a new seadweller. How wrong I was! Having spent most of the day on the phone to all the major stockists, non elf them have one and most if not all have said there is a healthy waiting list, gutted!

Anyone know of any in the city or can give me any help?! Cheers!

Master
    Lunns in Belfast have one in each of their shop windows, I know it's not London but I don't think there's a waiting list to be honest.

Master
    They were pretty common in Manc area just after they came out, and I think they still are.

No sign of one in Plymouth yet either, but I can't believe there's not one to be found in the whole of London!

I don't know who you phoned but Mappin and Webb on Bond Street/Picadilly had one in the window when I passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    They were pretty common in Manc area just after they came out, and I think they still are.
    what agents have you seen them in?

Frazier Hart in Westfield, Stratford had one a few weeks ago.....possibly gone by now but might be worth a call.

Parkhouse in Southampton had one in the window last Saturday

Master
    No shortage up North and tried one on in Preston last week and saw a number in Manchester last month.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I don't know who you phoned but Mappin and Webb on Bond Street/Picadilly had one in the window when I passed.
    Sold Saturday unfortunately.

Tried harrods, selfridges, mappin and Webb other stores, wempe, the watch gallery etc....

Not a sausage.

Oh and watches of Switzerland...
    Last edited by ads54; 10th July 2014 at 17:40.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    what agents have you seen them in?
    Beaverbrooks Trafford Centre, Prestons in Wilmslow, David Robinson in Manc...

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    Beaverbrooks Trafford Centre,.
    Beaverbrooks dont sell Rolex.Its Goldsmiths.When was this? (I want to try one on)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ads54 View Post
    I'm flying down to london for a long weekend with the mrs and thought it would be an ideal opportunity to pick up a new seadweller. How wrong I was! Having spent most of the day on the phone to all the major stockists, non elf them have one and most if not all have said there is a healthy waiting list, gutted!

Anyone know of any in the city or can give me any help?! Cheers!
    Doncaster AD had a couple in stock a few weeks ago

Pm sent mate

I'm in London right now and have one

Al

Wake fields in Horsham have one. 50min train from london Victoria

Master
    There has been plenty of them in the beginning and it is the normal trick that we are awaiting a supply. I bet there will be a few around before Christmas, if you care to wait. Otherwise a bit of travel will get you one.
    I often find London not a good hunting ground as there are lots of tourists and many willing to pay.

Craftsman
    Both the AD's in Birmingham city center had one each last week, didn't seem in short supply at all!

I put my name down for one at my local AD (Kingston upon Thames).

Got a phone call a month later to say that one had come in, and for those on the list it was first come first served. Picked it up the same day. They never go in the window at this particular AD.

it might be worthwhile putting your name on a list with your local AD.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post

Got a phone call a month later to say that one had come in, and for those on the list it was first come first served. Picked it up the same day. They never go in the window at this particular AD.

Good point! Neither of the Birmingham AD's had them 'on show' but as soon as you went in & they knew you had a Rolex interest mentioned that they had one straight away.

Neither had reserves or deposits placed against them so were available.

Master
    I've had my name down on two ADs' lists since it was announced. One in Norwich and one in aberdeen. Still nothing.

I was in brum early last month, spoke to the very helpful guy in goldsmiths and he couldn't help me either and couldn't tell me when he would get one...
    Last edited by ads54; 10th July 2014 at 21:13.

[QUOTE="Vanguard;3194850"]Parkhouse in Southampton had one in the window last Saturday[/QUOTE

Yes, they've had one for quite a while- can't be sure if it is the same one though ;)

When I last went past about three weeks ago they had a blnr, both subs, the SDc and most of the other sports models. Pretty impressed with the selection

Master
    I'm sure the information will have been posted several times but does anyone know the actual price please?

cheers

Alan

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketer View Post
    I'm sure the information will have been posted several times but does anyone know the actual price please?

cheers

Alan
    Think its £6950

Master
    Cheers

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Beaverbrooks dont sell Rolex.Its Goldsmiths.When was this? (I want to try one on)
    Sorry, Goldsmiths. It was just after they came out.

The price is £6900.

Master
    They have two in store at my local AD in Grimsby.

Craftsman
    They have one in Leicester and to be honest, I nearly missed it in the window, not impressed at all, the subC looks much better and I am not a big fan of that one either, should have been a 42mm for me,

Quote Originally Posted by mark563 View Post
    They have one in Leicester and to be honest, I nearly missed it in the window, not impressed at all, the subC looks much better and I am not a big fan of that one either, should have been a 42mm for me,
    +1

Actually everything seems t to go in their window - they're my local AD and had the new blue/black gmt in the window very soon after launch. It's not like the old days when there were genuine waiting lists - since the DSSD launch, all models with the exception of the steel Daytona seem to be easy to find if you look around. I've seen every sports model except the steel Daytona in the last 6 months in Kingston!

The watch gallery in westfield had one in last saturday afternoon - i tried it on!
    Westfield London. The Village - Westfield London Ariel Way London W12 7GD 020 7292 1245.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Actually everything seems t to go in their window - they're my local AD and had the new blue/black gmt in the window very soon after launch. It's not like the old days when there were genuine waiting lists - since the DSSD launch, all models with the exception of the steel Daytona seem to be easy to find if you look around. I've seen every sports model except the steel Daytona in the last 6 months in Kingston!
    That surprises me, as I tried to source a BLNR from them a while back, and was told they hadn't had any from Rolex, ever. After waiting a few months I sourced one from Italy through Chrono24. i look in their window when I'm in the Bentall Centre, which is a couple of times a week, and I still haven't seen one ( a BLNR ) in there months after I bought mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mark563 View Post
    I went in and tried it on yesterday and I wasn't bowled over at all, very well made but it looked too small, even compared to my GMTC which I had on at the time.

Neil
    Last edited by Sam100; 11th July 2014 at 18:50.

Banned
    3 phone calls so far Re the Window display Dweller became available, I still don't want one, I would have the Black/Blue over that any day, so I did.

That surprises me, as I tried to source a BLNR from them a while back, and was told they hadn't had any from Rolex, ever. After waiting a few months I sourced one from Italy through Chrono24. i look in their window when I'm in the Bentall Centre, which is a couple of times a week, and I still haven't seen one ( a BLNR ) in there months after I bought mine.
    I popped in there today and they have an event on Tuesday where you can try on all the new models apparently. Maybe they're already sold or just for the event but they will be there on Tuesday. I work nearby and they always have a good selection in the window, might be worth asking them early part of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I popped in there today and they have an event on Tuesday where you can try on all the new models apparently. Maybe they're already sold or just for the event but they will be there on Tuesday. I work nearby and they always have a good selection in the window, might be worth asking them early part of next week.
    Having bought both a Sea-Dweller and a BLNR within the past four months, if I appear at home with another new Rolex, I will be needing extensive dental surgery once Mrs. Sulk catches on.......

I'm not going on Tuesday, only dropped my sub off there for a service - I'm one of those 'one is enough' guys now having done the whole 'collection' bit - and that was back when they were all £2k or thereabouts, I can't stomach the new prices at all!

Master
    Trying old bond street and the Burlington today, any other suggestions?

Also went in st James yesterday, very helpful for what I needed but no use for sales of new watches!

Quote Originally Posted by ads54 View Post
    Trying old bond street and the Burlington today, any other suggestions?

Also went in st James yesterday, very helpful for what I needed but no use for sales of new watches!
    Should of got on a train to Horsham