closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My new Sea Dweller 4000

Craftsman

My new Sea Dweller 4000

After a week on the wrist, here is my thoughts on the new Sea Dweller 4000.
    Last August I purchased the Sub ND 114060 and thought it was perfect but was really missing the date function, although I don't dislike the cyclops I much preferred the ND maybe deep down the cyclops was something that no doubt would have bugged me in the long run.
    Since Rolex introduced the new Sea Dweller at Basel, I thought "now that is what I should have had" and after the DSSD was a grail of mine but in the end was just to big and bulky for me to carry off this was maybe the one for me!.
    I went to a local AD a few weeks back and was lucky to try one on, but at £6600 after exchange rate (Saudi) there was no way that i was able to purchase the new grail.
    I then moved onto the BLNR and really wanted the new GMT telling myself that the GMT function along with date, and the amazing blue/black bezel was all I ever needed but still would have to move on the Sub to do so.
    I just could not bring myself to do it, and so a couple of weeks long hard thought and some serious nagging to the other half she agreed to let me sell the Sub and Black Bay something that I swore would be the last to go and provide the rest of the shortfall.
    So cue my return to UK on leave, and a deal was done for the new Sea Dweller 4000 from Iconic.
    After being sized and the divers extension being removed, first thoughts were how much proud it sits on the wrist due to the case back. But I knew this was different from my Sub, and after a few hours I never noticed as the Sea Dweller settled into its new home. The glidelock adjustment helps get that perfect fit and already as earned it's keep with the crazy UK weather.
    The bracelet is super comfortable and the endlinks that are slightly proud of the case are not and issue for me, although a lot of comments have been raised about this I find it's not even an issue and hardly noticeable, and in keeping with the Sea Dweller of old.
    The bezel is the superb ceramic version with markers all the way around and I really like the look of this compared to the Sub, although I do find the rotation slightly stiffer than the Sub or maybe it's just me?.
    The new Matte face is brilliant and I really like the contrast with the shiny bezel and it adds a slight depth to the watch, when it's caught in the right light it looks amazing!.
    Onto the case and I never realised what all the fuss about the new 114060 lugs and the square case until I wore the SD4000 and now I realise what they mean and how much better the rounded lugs look, but again the 114060 looks great but can see what the fuss was about.
    The nice contrast too with the helium escape valve being titanium set against the polished side looks good.
    So after a full week on the wrist have I found my perfect watch? A big yes, I love everything about this watch and wouldn't change a thing, a watch for life and a true heirloom, I finally have my Sea Dweller and couldn't be happier, and currently running at -2 seconds after 7 days constant wear.

[IMG]
    [/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And finally me and Mrs Weasel enjoying a cruise on lake Windamere with my new Sea Dweller and a nice pint of ale...... What more could a man want?.

[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers Mick
    Last edited by Desert_Weasel; 17th July 2014 at 12:58.

You guya are killing me with these posts. How am i supposed to keep resisting?!?

Congrats on making the move, looks great! Wear it in good health!

Congrats on the new Sea-Dweller.
    I've got the 114060 and the 116600 and I love both watches for their own character.
    The 116600 sits a little higher on the wrist but it looks smaller on the wrist than the 114060.

Congratulations on your new Sea Dweller, you seem very pleased with it!

Interesting to read your decision-making process and what you thought about the cyclopse, 114060 and DSSD. As someone who so far this year has owned 116610, 114060 and currently the DSSD, it made me chuckle as I thought back to how I made my choices.

The only one I haven't tried is the new SDc, but with finally overcoming my doubts and going for my 'forbidden' Grail in the DSSD I have to say I'm delighted with it and wonder what I worried about for so long.

How you enjoy yours for many years to come!

Master
    Glidelock as well?!?! Oh god.

Craftsman
    A man after my own heart

After 4 weeks of owning it and wearing it every day. I thought I'd give it a rest and put my older style SD on.

That lasted an hour before being put back in the box and SD4000 put back on

Master
    Nice one. Enjoy!

Master
    Nice photos and congrats!! I think the seadweller 4000 is an awesome looking over-engierred piece of kit!! Nice one!!

Nice one. I tried one on recently in Dubai and it felt really nice on the wrist. The ceramic bezel was a joy to look at changing from a grey to black depending on the light and angle. I briefly owned a SD which felt top heavy but the SDc felt more balanced.

Congratulations on the new watch!

Tried one on myself yesterday. I didn't expect myself to like the new case but oh my. I couldn't bring myself to take it off afterwards.

Craftsman
    Looks brilliant on you mate.

Wonderful post, congratulations

I tried one on last week and it is a beautiful watch indeed. I would prefer it to be a bit larger though, but that's just me. Well done and enjoy.

Neil

Master
    Big congrats, looks great, and I am really tempted but must resist!

Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    Glidelock as well?!?! Oh god.
    It's the same clasp as the SubC.

Master
    Congratulations that does look good.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagraboy View Post
    It's the same clasp as the SubC.
    Good move by Rolex. The lack of GL was the only thing that put me off a new GMT.

Red face It's slowly growing on me!

Congrats and wear in good health! :)

I too became dissatisfied with the too-square case of my 114060.

Good choice! I agree the DSSD would have been massive but that Sea Dweller looks a good size on your wrists. Enjoy!

Congratulations. You look very happy in the pic.

Craftsman
    Congrats... Very nice!