timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Custom-made watch straps

Hybrid View

Master

Atelier in London

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Here are a few suppliers of custom watch straps who won't break the bank ...

http://www.jean-rousseau.com/
    Has anybody tried Jean Rousseau's London shop?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Has anybody tried Jean Rousseau's London shop?
    Been there. Shop is small, more like a boutique. You can pick up the colour and alligator is for 175. Any customization is an extra charge, varying from 10 to 30.
    They are flexible and if they don't have something in store, they will contact their warehouse in France.

Junghans Meister Pilot - Vintage Lume Model

Dear All:

I have a new Junghans Meister Pilot - Vintage Lume Variant, Black dial with vanilla/yellowish lume for hour markers and hands.

My wrist is very small at 6" to 6 1/4", so I'll need a new strap, most likely custom.

I also don't like the black and brown combination colored strap that this vintage lume model comes with (it's also too long a strap for me).

As I like texture on these types of "pilot styled" straps, I thought that possibly Buffalo or Shark might be options to consider.

What I cannot decide is whether this watch would look better with a black strap, a grey strap, or a brown strap?

Clearly, a brown strap would bring out the vintage vanilla/yellowish lume (fauxtina ;).

Yet, grey or black might make the watch stand out more crisply, especially with white thread stitching or ecru/off white stitching.

May I ask the good folks here for your experienced eye and thoughts, please? Thank you in advance.

The issue is whether a black or grey strap might tilt the overall hue of the entire watch+strap to overly cool, so that the idea of "vintage lume" (albeit fauxtina) is lost?

I personally don't wear a lot of browns and khakis and beiges, so that's one strike against the brown. Yet, since I have very few brown strapped watches, this might be one good opportunity to get a brown strap to go with the vintage colored lume.

I'm attaching picture of the watch itself, plus black, grey, brown in both shark and buffalo.

Order of pictures:

- pictures of the Junghans Meister Pilot with vintage lume.

- Black Shark
    - Grey Shark
    - Brown Shark

- Black Buffalo
    - Grey Buffalo
    - Brown Buffalo

- Glossy Beaver Tail (only glossy available in Beaver Tail, unfortunately)

Thank you. Pardon me in advance for such a lengthy post.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Black Shark
    [IMG]
    Grey Shark
    [IMG]
    Brown Shark
    [IMG]
    Black Buffalo
    [IMG]
    Grey Buffalo
    [IMG]
    Brown Buffalo

[IMG]
    Glossy Beaver Tail (unfortunately, only available in glossy)
    Last edited by Dualmonitors; 28th November 2017 at 01:24.