closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko divers

Seiko divers

Been looking on ebay at these but don't know much about them,wanting one really to take on holiday and generally not be bother what happens to it if I'm gardening or working.can anyone recommend a certain model,I like the look of the skx009 and am I right in thinking some are solar powered ,not bothered if it's an auto or battery ,does anyone know of a good dealer in these watches or can they be bought on the high street,as I said I know little about them so any help would be greatful cheers mick

Automatic, good prices from Creation Watches

I have bought SEIKO SNZH55j1 from Creation Watches a few months ago.
    Very good deal for the money, IMHO.

Orange monster on a bracelet, there's nothing better for the cash. Yeah, the 007/009 twins are great, but to my eyes a little dull in comparison.

Another vote for creation and the SKX range, very popular models at that price point.

Got this one yesterday and love it

SNZF17J1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Been looking on ebay at these but don't know much about them,wanting one really to take on holiday and generally not be bother what happens to it if I'm gardening or working.can anyone recommend a certain model,I like the look of the skx009 and am I right in thinking some are solar powered ,not bothered if it's an auto or battery ,does anyone know of a good dealer in these watches or can they be bought on the high street,as I said I know little about them so any help would be greatful cheers mick
    The UK high street is unfortunately a poor place to buy Seiko divers: Prices are often exceedingly high and choice very limited. Surprisingly eBay prices are often not all that good for Seiko divers either.

The best place to pick up Seiko divers is either here in SC or from one of the online dealers: www.creationwatches.com, www.skywatches.com.sg, www.watches88.com, www.21jewels.com, or www.yorkshirewatches.co.uk if you prefer to buy in the UK.

As to which models, the SKX007/009, the new Monster range (SRP307, SRP309, SRP311, SRP313, SRP315), old Monster range (SKX779, SKX781), the Stargate range (SRP491, SRP493, SRP495, SRP497, SRP499, SRP500) are all popular mechanicals. The BFK (SKA371, SKA427, SKA369) is a popular kinetic.

Even you don't buy there, Creation have a handy listing of Seiko diver's watches: http://www.creationwatches.com/produ...iko-divers-60/
    Last edited by markrlondon; 26th July 2014 at 21:46.

The 007 and it's sister the 009 are ( along with the standard 1st and 2nd generation monsters ) widely regarded as sound horological choices as well as being benchmarks of good value . You can't go wrong with any of them tbh - the rest is just a matter of taste.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I also vote for 007J and 009J. I prefer J (Japanese made) models if possible.

You can also try the older quartz models such 7548 and 7C43 divers.

Capt. Serdal

www.chronograph.com is another very reliable online seller with a good stock.

Craftsman
    If you fancy something more vintage, but without the risk and cost of ebay, give Speedtimer a look:

http://www.speedtimerkollektion.com/...page=1&sort=3d

Give Creation a try as I've bought loads of watches off them without a problem. The only downside I have found with them is that I'm more than a little reluctant to pay high street prices now.
    It'll cost you a fair bit more but if you want to stick with a U.K. firm try Yorkshire Watches or TimeMasters (same company but different stock)

The SNZF range are low cost and really well built, although not true divers. Here is my SNZF15K1

Master
    If your budget stretches to it I can highly recommend the shogun. A fantastic watch and looks even better In person than it does in pictures. There a a few Japanese sellers on ebay and they sometimes come up second hand in the uk.

wanting one really to take on holiday and generally not be bother what happens to it if I'm gardening or working.
    So, you'd be looking at a Monster, then.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
    If you fancy something more vintage, but without the risk and cost of ebay, give Speedtimer a look:

http://www.speedtimerkollektion.com/...page=1&sort=3d
    Seriously!!! I've bought many parts for repairs and project watches from this seller and I recommend him if you know yer onions but I would never recommend his watches if you are just looking for something wearable and trouble free. To quote one of his ad's for a Seiko 6309 diver - "This watch is in the exact state as you can see on the pictures we took... Accuracy, reserve and permeability (water resistance) have not been tested. The items we sell are broken or running (see description above). None are serviced or cleaned, so we recommend servicing and cleaning by a professional watchmaker before use. This item is to be sold to (hobby) watchmakers and watch collectors only."

My advice is to buy new from Creation or Amazon etc and stay away from the vintage Seiko's unless you know exactly what you're looking at. There's a whole world of fake Seiko dials and hands etc out there, just like Rolex or Omega. You can buy a brand new in the box and trouble free SKX007/9 for £110 from a reputable seller, or you can buy an old SKX007/6309/7002 on ebay for £xx which then needs another £110+ spent on it to get it looking good and running properly again.
    Last edited by Dynam0humm; 29th July 2014 at 03:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    If your budget stretches to it I can highly recommend the shogun. A fantastic watch and looks even better In person than it does in pictures. There a a few Japanese sellers on ebay and they sometimes come up second hand in the uk.
    +1 for the Shogun. They are awesome divers.

Capt. Serdal

Several great models available, but the SKX is the one you should have first in your list. Others will follow after this one.

Craftsman
    Another vote for the monster, a great design and very light on your pocket, creation have the new generation on bracelet < £150

Seiko divers from Creation