closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer talk for the new season

Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
    Really hope Liverpool buy a left back to give Johnson some competition via Flanagan at right back.

I think we will struggle for top 4 this year as the league is going to be very competitive. Unless united buy at least one centre half then they will be no where near top 4 with Jones, Evans and smalling.
    Johnson needs to go. One of the most deluded players in the prem.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Johnson needs to go. One of the most deluded players in the prem.
    He has been too poor for too long sadly.

The fire sale at Southampton is still going strong with Spurs picking up 2 of their players. That gives them close to 100 million in the bank but no squad.

The fire sale at Southampton is still going strong with Spurs picking up 2 of their players. That gives them close to 100 million in the bank but no squad.
    They could pay Bendtner his wages with that...an ode to NB...
    http://www.gunnerstown.com/arsenal/2...from-arsenal/?

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    Everton sign Romelu Lakaku . . Is Right .
    Last edited by the big fella; 31st July 2014 at 00:45.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by the big fella View Post
    Everton sign Romelu Lakaku . . Is Right .
    £28m is a huge investment for Everton. Complete change in policy - I never thought I`d see the day when they spent that much on one player.

Any idea what his wages are?

Quote Originally Posted by Seano View Post
    £28m is a huge investment for Everton. Complete change in policy - I never thought I`d see the day when they spent that much on one player.

Who cares? His age and ability he is a cracking signing for them. If he carries on the way he has been they could double their money in 2 years.

Blog Entries
    Good signing for the toffees he did not want to fit into the squad system at CFC and wanted to be #1 so now he is a big fish in a little pool! Cech will be next out so that we can maintain the foreign players in the squad pity but his replacement is the future.

BTW anybody want a Spaniard who purports to be a striker but who could not hit a cows arse with a banjo, answers to Chelsea Football Club and no reasonable offer refused.

Master

In reality though he's cost Everton around 13m if you take the transfer of fellani into account , personally though i think they've paid too much he definaitly needs to work on his first touch as atm he couldn't trap his fingers in a car door.

I believe they are giving him 75k a week .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Good signing for the toffees he did not want to fit into the squad system at CFC and wanted to be #1 so now he is a big fish in a little pool! Cech will be next out so that we can maintain the foreign players in the squad pity but his replacement is the future.

BTW anybody want a Spaniard who purports to be a striker but who could not hit a cows arse with a banjo, answers to Chelsea Football Club and no reasonable offer refused.
    Sorry but i fail to see your point , i don't see how not giving the kid a chance and farming him out for the last two years , is trying to fit him into the system at Chelsea .

It must have been great for the kids morale , especially as your replaced him with a 36 yr old has - been you'll be lucky to get 6 mths out of and behind a Spaniard who you say yourself couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo , whom your paying 175 k a week .

which is why you can't get shut of him , and let's face it he's probably thinking why should i go anywhere , when these mugs are giving me a 175 k a week .
    Last edited by the big fella; 31st July 2014 at 12:13.

Blog Entries
    Sorry but i fail to see your point , i don't see how not giving the kid a chance and farming him out for the last two years , is trying to fit him into the system at Chelsea .

It must have been great for the kids morale , especially as your replaced him with a 36 yr old has - been you'll be lucky to get 6 mths out of and behind a Spaniard who you say yourself couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo , whom your paying 175 k a week .

which is why you can't get shut of him , and let's face it he's probably thinking why should i go anywhere , when these mugs are giving me a 175 k a week .
    He was farmed in order to learn his trade and play regular football and as you yourself say he cannot trap his fingers in a car door so a long way to go, Drogba came back on a free and will be just an "impact" player and eventually go on to a coaching role Lakaku could have learnt a lot from him in hold up play as to Torres we have him and since we cannot shift him will have to play him, not all business decisions made are winners,thats life.
    I hope he continues to do well at Everton they are a very decent club with a great young manager and will it be the right decision for either club? only time will tell.

Master
    even though he can't trap his fingers in a car door on which we both agree , he still baged 16 for Everton and 17 wba the year before , how many goals did all the strikers at Chelsea get last year combined ? , i don't think it was many more .

It also makes a lot of sense to bring in a striker( Drogba) to coach a player who's out on loan which no doubt had he stayed , Chelsea would have loaned him out again , so i fail to see were he would have learn't anything at Chelsea other than how to become a cash cow .
    Last edited by the big fella; 31st July 2014 at 15:11.

Blog Entries
    even though he can't trap in a car door on which we both agree , he still baged 16 for Everton and 17 wba the year before , how many goals did all the strikers at Chelsea get last year combined ? , i don't think it was many more .

It also makes a lot of sense to bring in a striker( Drogba) to coach a player who's out on loan which no doubt had he stayed , Chelsea would have loaned him out again , so i fail to see were he would have learn't anything at Chelsea other than how to become a cash cow .

WE can argue this for ever but if Mourinho is to believed the boy did not want to play for CFC and accept that he was behind Costa in the pecking order and there was no relationship between them I would be happy if CFC loaned out Torres and paid his wages as I think since his transfer he has been poisonous to the club.

Great business by Chelsea in my opinion. Lukaku couldn't get a game at Chelsea because he hadn't (and still hasn't IMO) proven to be better than what they already have. In fact, he was terrible in the World Cup and had one or two very lean spells in the premier league- perhaps he hasn't yet found the consistency that all top class players need.

Mourinho has been banging the ffp drum for a while now and nearly £30m for a player who would have been starting on the bench is a no brainer

Master
    WE can argue this for ever but if Mourinho is to believed the boy did not want to play for CFC and accept that he was behind Costa in the pecking order and there was no relationship between them I would be happy if CFC loaned out Torres and paid his wages as I think since his transfer he has been poisonous to the club.
    We both know Jose doesn't always tell the truth , and to be fair to Lukaku i think he did want to stay at Chelsea , and don't think it would have fazed him to be behind costa ,but by buying Costa and bringing Drogba in ,someone would have needed to be loaned out and it would have been him , he wasn't prepared to go out on loan again .

Although Torres would have been the obvious choice no one is daft enough to pay 175 k a week or even part of for him , totally agree Torres has been an absolute disaster for Chelsea , but Chelsea have made this problem themselves by offering wages to players ,other club's cannot afford , if they don't fit and Torres is the obvious target here they become imposable to move on catch 22 , but with Chelsea they've only themselves to blame .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    Great business by Chelsea in my opinion. Lukaku couldn't get a game at Chelsea because he hadn't (and still hasn't IMO) proven to be better than what they already have. In fact, he was terrible in the World Cup and had one or two very lean spells in the premier league- perhaps he hasn't yet found the consistency that all top class players need.

Mourinho has been banging the ffp drum for a while now and nearly £30m for a player who would have been starting on the bench is a no brainer
    No worries we'll show you how to Develop a world class striker for £28 m instead of just going out and buying one , remind me again how costa did for spain in the wc .
    Last edited by the big fella; 31st July 2014 at 15:13.

No worries we'll show you how to Develop a a world class striker for 28 m instead of just going out and buying one .
    I'm not a Chelsea fan btw! Just think it is good business. I hope Lukaku does well at Everton but I'd be surprised if they recoup their money in trophies, goals etc. looking forward to being proved wrong!

My club- arsenal- have a decent record of bringing in young talent and developing them so I hope Everton have similar success :)

Master
    I'm not a Chelsea fan btw! Just think it is good business. I hope Lukaku does well at Everton but I'd be surprised if they recoup their money in trophies, goals etc. looking forward to being proved wrong!

My club- arsenal- have a decent record of bringing in young talent and developing them so I hope Everton have similar success :)
    Listen mate this is Everton were talking about, kenwright wouldn't part with his own shite unless he could collect the steam, but as an arsenal fan you'll remember how this kid and barkley destroyed your team at goodison last year and they were robbed at the emarites in the league after tearing you a new one.

Lukaku is pure class alas still a bit raw but he's 21 your trying tell to me he's not worth 28m , we'll be selling him back to chelsea in 3 yrs time for 80m , of that don't be surprised.
    Last edited by the big fella; 31st July 2014 at 14:26.

Listen mate this is Everton were talking about, kenwright wouldn't part with his own shite unless he could collect the steam, but as an arsenal fan you'll remember how this kid and barkley destroyed your team at goodison last year and they were robbed at the emarites in the league after tearing you a new one , Lukaku is pure class alas still a bit raw but he's 21 your trying tell to me he's not worth 28m , we'll be selling him back to chelsea in 3 yrs time for 80m , of that don't be surprised.
    I'm not having a go mate- like I say it is good business all round if he works out and realises his potential (same goes for Barkley who looked really good last season although he lacked a few goals and assists).

We won't go into a history of who beat who or who won what out of Everton and arsenal as that isn't really the point and statistically it is embarrassing for us both. I hope Lukaku does the job for you and I'd love for him to be at my club. But I also hope you don't sell him or Barkley to anyone for ANY money- if they're as good as all that you'll surely win things eventually as you've always played nice football and now you've spent a few quid so why not push for top four or fa cup? Good luck, hope you finish higher than Liverpool that's for sure!

Master
    I'm not having a go mate- like I say it is good business all round if he works out and realises his potential (same goes for Barkley who looked really good last season although he lacked a few goals and assists).

We won't go into a history of who beat who or who won what out of Everton and arsenal as that isn't really the point and statistically it is embarrassing for us both. I hope Lukaku does the job for you and I'd love for him to be at my club. But I also hope you don't sell him or Barkley to anyone for ANY money- if they're as good as all that you'll surely win things eventually as you've always played nice football and now you've spent a few quid so why not push for top four or fa cup? Good luck, hope you finish higher than Liverpool that's for sure!
    Made up you got Sanchez by the way , i think top 4 is the aim this year but weather it can be achieved remains to be seen.

Although i don't think Everton are quite finshed in this window yet and with Martinez being full of suprises it wouldn't suprise me if at least another two don't come in great to be a blue right now though .

I don't think anyone will be leaving Goodison not for a while anyway was relived to see Barkley sign a new contract , will be nice to see how he and Lukaku develop together should be intresting .
    Last edited by the big fella; 31st July 2014 at 14:55.

Journeyman
    Some great transfers this window, I can't wait for the season to start.

Craftsman
    In reality though he's cost Everton around 13m if you take the transfer of fellani into account.
    Sounds like you are using the same firm of accountants as the Red half of Merseyside who claim that Mandy Carroll didn`t cost them anything because they got £50m for Torres. On that basis we haven`t paid for any of our players since we sold Carroll (and Cabaye and Debuchy!!)

Lukaku is a much better buy than Carroll but it was £8m more than I was expecting him to go for and explains why the Toon weren`t interested (our cut off for a top class striker appears to be £12-15m)

Anyway good luck to Everton for the season - as long as my Everton supporting brother can`t wind me up too much.

Master
    Sounds like you are using the same firm of accountants as the Red half of Merseyside who claim that Mandy Carroll didn`t cost them anything because they got £50m for Torres. On that basis we haven`t paid for any of our players since we sold Carroll (and Cabaye and Debuchy!!)

Lukaku is a much better buy than Carroll but it was £8m more than I was expecting him to go for and explains why the Toon weren`t interested (our cut off for a top class striker appears to be £12-15m)

Anyway good luck to Everton for the season - as long as my Everton supporting brother can`t wind me up too much.
    Problem with carroll though is he wasn't worth what they paid for him, and it became pretty obvious fairly shortly after they bought him he was a donkey .
    Last edited by the big fella; 31st July 2014 at 16:19.

Master
    Christian Atsu any chelsea supporters know much about him ? , as he is a player i don't know much about apart that he is a left sided winger, it appears he is on his way to Everton also .
    Last edited by the big fella; 31st July 2014 at 16:27.

Christian Atsu any chelsea supporters know much about him ? , as he is a player i don't know much about apart that he is a left sided winger, it appears he is on his way to Everton also .
    What happened to the Bosnian you were looking to sign?

Master
    What happened to the Bosnian you were looking to sign?
    Besic they've signed him for 4m .

Craftsman
    It seems Newcastle are favourites to sign Loic Remy this morning.

I think I`m happy with this. It feels like he has just run out of his better options but I can`t blame him for wanting Champion League football. However, choosing QPR before Newcastle initially for more money still irritates me a bit!

I`m not the biggest Pardew fan but if he still wants to go after him he must rate him and not expect him to be cause any resentment in the squad.

It could, of course, just be a rumour and it could just be a ploy to get a decision from Lyon and Lacazette - who knows !

We still need a decent striker, another midfielder (Clement) would be nice and a top centre half would be very useful!

Craftsman
    The Toon have signed Facundo Ferreyra on a season long loan (cost £1.8m) with a view to buying for £6m

A 23 year old Argentinian who I haven`t heard of but quotes from Graeme Bailey (Sky) suggests a good deal....

"picking up an immense talent like Ferreyra for such a reasonable price was likely a no-brainer"

"he is seemingly on the verge of becoming a very special player"

and apparently still not finished in the transfer window !

West Ham after Crouch now as Eto'o is too expensive. (I think the club were well aware of that before feigning interest in him). I think he's a more proven striker than Carroll, but if they go for him the formation will clearly remain the same.

Lampard signing for City for six months?
    Started as a whisper but it's gathering momentum. He'll probably be there to keep his fitness levels up before the MLS begins in March but he will count as homegrown in City's squad and would be excellent cover if one of the midfielders were missing for any length of time.
    It'd be funny to see him step up as City's penalty taker v Chelsea!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Lampard signing for City for six months?
    Started as a whisper but it's gathering momentum. He'll probably be there to keep his fitness levels up before the MLS begins in March but he will count as homegrown in City's squad and would be excellent cover if one of the midfielders were missing for any length of time.
    It'd be funny to see him step up as City's penalty taker v Chelsea!
    Frank signed to a franchise apparently unlike Villa does not fancy "non league" football as training in Australia so if he gets a EPL game in City colours so be it but cannot unless its either desperation or City are so far ahead see him coming on against a top half EPL team unless Pelligrini fancies playing a game with "Maureen"

Frank signed to a franchise apparently unlike Villa does not fancy "non league" football as training in Australia so if he gets a EPL game in City colours so be it but cannot unless its either desperation or City are so far ahead see him coming on against a top half EPL team unless Pelligrini fancies playing a game with "Maureen"
    I'd suggest City would be an ideal platform for him at the minute. His fitness levels and skills would be kept at their peak, he would count as homegrown for the CL and his experience would be invaluable in certain circumstances.
    I'd also suggest that Pellegrini is far too gentlemanly in his manner to engage in games with anyone, let alone the worlds best mischief maker.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I'd suggest City would be an ideal platform for him at the minute. His fitness levels and skills would be kept at their peak, he would count as homegrown for the CL and his experience would be invaluable in certain circumstances.
    I'd also suggest that Pellegrini is far too gentlemanly in his manner to engage in games with anyone, let alone the worlds best mischief maker.
    Agreed. He'd be a fantastic signing for City. He'd be a fantastic signing for every PL team as he's simply a great player who has kept himself in great shape.

Craftsman
    It`s claimed that Newcastle are to sign two young players from Nottingham Forest today - Jamaal Lascelles and Karl Darlow - and loan them straight back to Forest.

Good plan for them to get more experience under Psycho. I wouldn`t be surprised if some other younger Newcastle players are loaned to Forest as well.

8th & 9th signings of the summer - and still need a few more players!

Just a week to the start of the season - getting excited ??

Master
    Blog Entries
    Who is gonna win tonight??

Who is gonna win tonight??
    Well I just pocketed £17 playing online poker so you could say I won tonight.
    Meanwhile, back on the transfer thread it looks like Rodwell could be off to Sunderland if he passes his medical. Good player when he's fit but not quite cutting it for City and was never likely to shift one of the big names.
    Hopefully he's not the goal scorer in our customary 1-0 defeat at the SOL this season.

Think Rodwell to score the winner is nailed on

Supposed to have 4 in this week, mostly converting loans into permanent signings (Alonso, vergini, borini) however borini is very 50/50 and it looks like we will go elsewhere if he hasn't made his mind up by the weekend

Just got to get Wickham to sign a new deal (hope he does) then 2 more after that, a winger and another cm

Liverpool said to be in the driving seat for Radamel Falcao.

Wow, what a signing that would be.

Man City also sniffing around though so wouldn't surprise me if LFC got gazumped again by one of the nouveau riche clubs - that's if he is moving to England at all.

Quote Originally Posted by scarto View Post

Man City also sniffing around though so wouldn't surprise me if LFC got gazumped again by one of the nouveau riche clubs - that's if he is moving to England at all.
    The Echo is saying its likely he is going to R Madrid.

The Echo is saying its likely he is going to R Madrid.
    Well probably more plausible. Really couldn't imagine Liverpool managing to get such a player. It was apparently from a reputed source though - although it's probably the usual agent shenanigans.

The Real Madrid story makes sense because when he left Atletico Madrid, it was said he went to Monaco as it wouldn't have been feasible for him to move directly to the other Madrid club.

Still, if LFC did somehow manage it, it would replace Suarez' goals and make us genuine title contenders.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Fal on loan makes no sense but I am praying!

Craftsman
    Fal on loan makes no sense but I am praying!
    I'd love falcao to come to chelsea and torres to go to monaco. Shame it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by scarto View Post

We need a big signing.A statement of intent

YNWA

Master
    Would like to thank Jose for loaning us John Swift for a year, seen enough of him Saturday and Tuesday to confidently say he will do well for us and CFC in the future.
    Col.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by itsgotournameonit View Post
    We need a big signing.A statement of intent

YNWA
    We need the right player at the right price!

Can will be a star this year and sterling is gonna blow ypoty away, might even take the poty.

Can will be a star this year and sterling is gonna blow ypoty away, might even take the poty.

I don't disagree but we need another quality striker.I stayed up to watch the American final and we were lacking up front.We cant reply on Sturridge

Got to say, after that world cup I think sterling might go back into his shell this season.

Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    Got to say, after that world cup I think sterling might go back into his shell this season.
    You are kidding? He has been showing all the signs of having gone up another level.

Hopefully one striker and Moreno and I will be more than happy with our transfers for this season though rumour is we are going back for that Ukrainian winger as well.

You are kidding? He has been showing all the signs of having gone up another level.

Hopefully one striker and Moreno and I will be more than happy with our transfers for this season though rumour is we are going back for that Ukrainian winger as well.
    Definitely need a striker. I would be very surprised (and hacked off) if one is not bought. Despite the increased attacking prowess from Ibe and Markovic that will come through the season, Lambert is nowhere near enough - clearly a fringe player who won't start half the games.

I think we'll see a £20m+ striker come in by the end of this month.

As you say, a left back would complete a pretty perfect transfer period.

Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    Think Rodwell to score the winner is nailed on

Supposed to have 4 in this week, mostly converting loans into permanent signings (Alonso, vergini, borini) however borini is very 50/50 and it looks like we will go elsewhere if he hasn't made his mind up by the weekend

Just got to get Wickham to sign a new deal (hope he does) then 2 more after that, a winger and another cm
    Poyet is in danger of embarrassing himself and the club by continually chasing a player who doesn't want to sign. If he did he'd have done it already.