closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jaguar's (Coventry) after sales service; worth mentioning

Blog Entries

Jaguar's (Coventry) after sales service; worth mentioning

In the street where I live, there's an elderly couple (nearly 80 y/o, I think) that owns a house in Switzerland as well. In fact, they live in Switzerland most of the year. For their trip between Holland and Switzerland, they drive a (now 16 y/o) Jaguar XJ8. With the V8 engine. An immaculately looking BRG car. The car has only done 57K kms since new! Less than 4K kms/year. In Switzerland, they use an Audi AllRad.

Yesterday, when I was working on my TR, my neighbour came up to me and started talking about cars. And I mentioned his immaculate Jaguar.

That's when he told me a nice story.

Last year, when they drove from Holland to Switzerland through Germany on the Autobahn, the car produced a high pitch wind noise. The noise began at 190km/hr (118 miles/hr) and became unbearable around 200km/hr... After their arrival in Switzerland, my elderly neighbour told his dealer that he needed the problem to be solved. The dealer replied that "There's a 120 km/hr speed limit in Switzerland, so there's no need to rectify it"(...)

The owner then wrote a letter to Coventry and told them that his Jag was only 16 (then 15) years old and that he would not accept the fact that the car already made this noise... Coventry replied that he was right and that it needed to be rectified asap! Back in Holland, this Spring, he went to the local dealer. But the dealer was unable to help him due to: "The car is too old - we don't have the knowledge anymore to rectify it".

Again, he wrote a letter to Coventry! Within two days, two mechanics from the factory(!) flew over to Holland and started a faultfinding mission. The answer: the driver's door needed to be adjusted and all rubber doorseals had to be replaced: after the adjustment, the rubbers didn't fit properly anymore. And for good measures, the mechanics checked the other doors as well. It took them two days to get it all perfect again, including a trip across the border (40 miles from here) to Germany for a testdrive.

Total costs: not a penny! "Because we want satisfied customers; people who take care of their Jaguar."

A nice example of proper after sales, I think.

Menno

I've had four jags over the years. Their customer service is always the best in the business.

Journeyman
    Great story to hear, I like these feel good stories.

Really?

It's hard enough to get a factory engineer to visit with a current model, 100 miles down the M5 let alone for a model which is not current production and is 16 yrs old.

It is not my experience of Jaguar ownership (N-reg XJ Executive, a few years back)

But it could be down to my <insert expletive that would get me banned except in the BP> local Jag workshop, as I never wrote to Coventry.

Great car when it worked, though.