closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 'Tis the season for crop circles

'Tis the season for crop circles

Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    We get these just up the road in Marlborough and around Warminster every year. Clearly not caused by extra terrestrial activity but very clever none the less.

Journeyman
    I watched a documentary on this (sad, i know) but it looks like it takes alot of effort.

A friend of mine's father sells farming machinery. He was rather surprised one day to have a call from an angry customer saying his son had created a crop circle on his field. The first my friend knew about it had been the police coming to his door wanting to talk to him about it. He lived on the top floor of a part of an old country house in Hampshire. While he was completely innocent, the tools that had created the crop circle were right next to the front door unnoticed by all, someone else in the house had spent a whole night doing it and spread a rumour in the pub it was my friend. Nice crop circle though, it made it into some books and calendars on the things and there were various theories about wind vorticies and aliens trying to communicate...

Master
    Note that they needed a balloonist to discover it... ;-)

I love a trip down to the Barge Inn on the Kennet & Avon canal to see their crop circle room, theres loads of fascinating photos and accounts to read all over the walls - good beer too!

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    We get these just up the road in Marlborough and around Warminster every year. Clearly not caused by extra terrestrial activity but very clever none the less.
    How are they caused then, now that you've ruled out ET?

Hedgehog mating rituals.

Quote Originally Posted by pinpull View Post
    How are they caused then, now that you've ruled out ET?
    Village idiot, 2 planks of wood glued to his willies, a stake and a length of string.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Village idiot, 2 planks of wood glued to his willies, a stake and a length of string.
    Of course, silly me!

I can see now that the one in Germany was made by an idiot with more than one willy...

Master
    No No No It's obviousl;y ET.................but you have to think like an alien...................

"I know, let's travel across the galaxy.........errrrrr like about 50 light years or so - then we land on the first blue planet we can find..............errrr then we make some geometric patterns in the fauna on this planet..........then we piss off home......................Yay ! great idea lets do it"

Quote Originally Posted by pinpull View Post
    Of course, silly me!

I can see now that the one in Germany was made by an idiot with more than one willy...
    Of course, they're also wearing a straw hat and rolling a piece of corn in their mouth, whilst muttering ooh arrrr.