closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone had trouble with Nigel O'hara customer service?

Anyone had trouble with Nigel O'hara customer service?

This could be a one off, but I will not be using them again!!

Got a new Pro Trek from them last Wednesday, and the hour and minute hands didn't work. I went though the manual thinking I could re set them, but nothing worked. I called them to tell them the problem, and was told a watch technician would call be back. That call never came. I tried for the next 2 days to call them, but couldn't get through, but to be fair, I think one of those days was a BH. Anyway, I also emailed them twice, and still have not received a reply. I finally got through on Saturday, and explained the problem, and was told to send it back, and they would send it back to Casio for them to look at!!! No way, I said, this is a brand new watch, that came to me faulty out of the box. Have you worn it, she asked? No, I can't even set the time, so why would I wear it! I finally got her to agree to me sending it back for a complete refund, but neither a refund or exchange was offered to begin with. I then sent another email to confirm my phone call, and to confirm in writing that they would indeed refund the cost of the watch, and my return postage costs. Again, no reply. I called again this morning, and asked to speak to the manager, and was told no, as they don't deal with these things. After another long conversation, again, asking had I worn the watch, I was offered a replacement, but have insisted on a full refund, plus postage costs. At no point did anyone apologise for their poor customer service. I'm still a little dubious, then when they have both my money and the returned watch, they will do what they want, rather than what I asked for!

Anyone else had this sort of trouble?

Cheers,

Steve

Master
    Yes I have! Over a month ago now I placed an order one evening (G-Shock GX56 in black as it was at a great price of £78 with a £15 discount code). Anyway, overnight I had second thoughts as I already have the orange version so I called them in the morning to cancel the order. "No problem" they said, "refund could take 2 weeks but will probably be a couple of days". 2 weeks later no refund so I emailed them but after 2 days got no response so I phoned them to be told "sorry but refunds have been delayed due to the recent banking problems, we'll get it sorted". 2 more weeks have now passed so I'll give them another call, I tried them last Thursday/Friday but no reply (believe it was a BH in NI to be fair) but I hate it when companies don't just have a pre-recorded message saying "sorry we are closed" instead of leaving you on a forever ringing phone.

Hope you get your refund quicker than me! I won't be using them again either,

I had a similar experience — bought a cheap Breo digital from them. Received a manifestly previously worn watch. Sent it back for exchange and got the same one back. Customer service was useless. Never again.

I've had a G-Shock and a discontinued Seiko from them before, yes they were much cheaper than anybody else and the watches arrived safely wrapped. I've had no problems with them, though sure I paid using PayPal for piece of mind.

Called them yesterday to confirm they had received the watch back, as they had ignored the little note I had put in to ask if they could email to confirm receipt. I was told that the watch technicians were looking at it, but not to worry, as it was still covered under their 30 day money back guarantee. I then asked when the refund would be processed, and was told that it had gone to finance, and would take up to a week. But then added that they bank with the Ulster bank, and so could take longer.............

It's a waiting game now I guess.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Darra8 View Post
    Called them yesterday to confirm they had received the watch back, as they had ignored the little note I had put in to ask if they could email to confirm receipt. I was told that the watch technicians were looking at it, but not to worry, as it was still covered under their 30 day money back guarantee. I then asked when the refund would be processed, and was told that it had gone to finance, and would take up to a week. But then added that they bank with the Ulster bank, and so could take longer.............

It's a waiting game now I guess.
    I called them yesterday myself too chasing my refund. Was told it was probably delayed due to banking problems, can't remember which bank they said but wasn't Ulster Bank! Said they'd contact finance again to re-issue it. Trouble is it takes 2-3 days to show in my bank so it's just dragging on and on. If the money's not showing in my account soon
    I think I'll call my credit card company. Could do without the hassle, every other company I've dealt with has refunded almost immediately when I've returned an item. I'm tempted to tell them to just send me the watch and I'll flog it myself!

Don't let it drag on like I have. If you can be bothered I'd recommend at least weekly phone calls if you don't see the refund in your account.

Master
    Got my refund finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Got my refund finally!
    2 weeks, and I'm still waiting for mine :(

Will have to call them again!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Darra8 View Post
    2 weeks, and I'm still waiting for mine :(

Will have to call them again!!!
    The final time I called them I told them I really wasn't happy and it shouldn't have taken oven 4 weeks for me to get my cash back. They said they'd get in touch with 'finance' to put it through again and the refund was in my account a couple of days later so they can do it! To be honest I'm avoiding them in future, I've returned watches to watchshop.com and they email you as soon as they receive it back then issue the refund the same day no messing. They price match too so if I see anything cheaper anywhere I ask watchshop to price match as in my experience their customer service is second to none.

Journeyman
    Hi
    I have no problems with Nigel O'Hara.

I called them again today, and was put on hold so they could speak to finance, and was told that it was processed yesterday. That's 14 days after they received the faulty watch back!! I still have to wait a few days to see if it appears back in my account though. The last twice I have rang them, they have told me the delay was down to the problems with RBS. I think they make it up as they go, just to keep your cash as long as they can..............

Master
    Can't believe they're still using the RBS excuse as they were with me weeks ago!!! I know this seems to be a bit of a Nigel O'hara bashing thread but we can only judge any company based on our experiences, good or bad.

I have finally received my refund, but it does not include the cost of my return postage. I did ask for it, and as the watch was faulty, then they should have refunded that too! It has taken them 20 days to process this..........

Never again will I use Nigel O'hara!!!

Apprentice

Nigelohara.com are Liars

Please don't place any orders with Nigelohara.com.

My order was placed on 24th August. I've been assured 3 times over the phone their 'finance department' will definitely process today. I have still not received a refund.
    Reported to RBS credit card services.

Steve.

Apprentice

Angry Completely unreliable

After my money being taken from my account on 8th October 2013, I have found myself still with no watch, I cancelled my order yesterday, 30th December - 12 weeks on from my order being made and money taken. After multiple time frames given and not met, and customer service operatives telling me they would call me back and not, confirming my order had been received and sent out (which it had not and therefore an outright lie), not even being informed that my first watch I ordered had been discontinued until I contacted them, and the replacement watch still not turning after being 'guaranteed' it would be with me by Christmas, contacting the company numerous times - only me, not the other way round even once - I can safely say they are the most unreliable company I have ever used. I wouldn't trust their time frames or anything they say in regards to order times. After contacting a manager to complain (three times!), I was advised I would be given a £10- voucher to use on the site - utterly insulting. A complete lack of pro activeness and service. All in my honest opinion.

I ordered a watch from them and got sick of waiting for the dispatch notice. Used the online support system and the order was cancelled and refunded within a couple of hours.

Must admit I bought a new MTG g shock from their eBay site last week for a great price and received it on Saturday..no probs fortunately...I have no affiliation to them honest !

Apprentice
    I did have some trouble with them last year when they didn't send a watch out on time. They refunded my order quick enough. On Friday night I noticed they had stock of the GWF 1000 1DR Frogman. I made an offer and paid over paypal.

On Saturday morning I got an email to say the watch had been dispatched. I phoned and asked if I could come and collect it and they said that would be fine. The watch was boxed well for posting.

Great service. I just wish they had a bigger show room. They must keep stock off site for online orders.

Jimi182

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi182 View Post
    It's a pity their service is poor at times. They are one of the few jewellers in Northern Ireland who are official stockists of G Shock and have a good selection at very good prices.

I hope you get your watch soon. Have you chased it up with them?
    Yes I have emailed them asking for the tracking number of the parcel but I'm still waiting on a reply. I'm not going to get too vexed yet as, to be fair, with Christmas/New Year it can always cause a delay or two for some parcels etc but I can't wait forever.... Lol.

Apprentice

60 minutes after leaving this review on another site i was refunded

ordered a watch in the early hours 30/12/2013 rang next day to confirm if watch is available was assured it will be delivered before end of the following week opened support tickets requesting delivery date. here are the replies:

31/12/2013 09:16:00 Customer
    hi can you please tell me if the item is being sent and if so when i can expect delivery

31/12/2013 13:29:00 NOH employee
    Thank you for your email. This item is being transferred from our warehouse to our Dispatch Centre for Quality Assurance checks before it is sent to you. As this is the case it was placed on a 3 – 5 working day delivery estimate which would have been displayed underneath the 'add to basket' button upon placing your order. Please note that this delivery time-scale is only an estimate which can vary during excessively busy periods - taking into consideration the business closures over Christmas and on New Years Day. You will receive an email upon dispatch which will include your Royal Mail tracking number and link to the track and trace facility. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

04/01/2014 10:30:00 NOH employee
    Dear David,

Thank you for the order (98910) you placed with us on 30/12/2013. We want to keep you up to date with the progress of your order and are pleased to let you know that your order should be fulfilled by the middle / end of next week.

You will receive an email once the item has been dispatched with Royal Mail. Don't worry if you're not in, a calling card will be left and you can either collect your parcel at your local sorting office, or alternatively arrange for a re-delivery.

09/01/2014 07:25:00 Customer
    hi can you please tell me if my order is ready for despatch yet as you previously stated it would be ready between middle to end of this week

09/01/2014 10:12:00 NOH employee
    Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, in this instance your item was ordered in from the manufacturer especially for you. As such, there has been a slight delay which we are currently working to minimise. You will receive an email upon dispatch and this will contain your Royal Mail tracking ID and a link to the Track and Trace facility. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay.

10/01/2014 03:54:00 Customer
    dear sirs i have waited yet another day for my order and again i have got no further in knowing when i can expect delivery. I have used your order tracking on your website and after entering my details this is what was written: Your order which was placed 30/12/2013, is currently being processed. The estimated delivery date for this item is 23/12/2013. Once the item has been despatched, you will receive an automated email containing a tracking number. Should you require any further information, please contact us on (028) 3833 7693. surely something is afoot here since my expected delivery date is 7 days prior to when i actually placed the order please can you give me some sort of reassurance that i will actually receive my order some time soon.

10/01/2014 08:54:00 NOH employee
    Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, in this instance your item was ordered in from the manufacturer especially for you. As such, there has been a slight delay which we are currently working to minimise. You will receive an email upon dispatch and this will contain your Royal Mail tracking ID and a link to the Track and Trace facility. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay.

10/01/2014 10:30:00 NOH employee
    Dear David,

Thank you for the order (98910) you placed with us on 30/12/2013.

We want to keep you up to date with the progress of your order and are pleased to inform you that your order should be fulfilled by the middle / end of next week.

You will receive an email once the item has been dispatched with Royal Mail. Don't worry if you're not in, a calling card will be left and you can either collect your parcel at your local sorting office, or alternatively arrange for a re-delivery.

you will note that the replies are fully automated as they are exact copies word for word I am still without my order but will wait a few more days before I demand a refund where I will pass on all my correspondence to NI trading standards. I will also request them to do a test buy from NOH as I checked their mens citizen watch stocks and found that of 156 they have for sale on their website they admit that 11 models are out of stock completely they have 13 models where it is the last one available and they have 7 models where they have only 2 available that leaves 125 models where customers are advised to wait 3-5 working days for delivery and i seriously doubt when making a testbuy that this company will fulfill their promise. I have noticed that many negative reviews of this company are quickly contested and are withdrawn from public view as i fully expect this to be alas i have copied my text and will be leaving my findings at other review sites

Craftsman
    I wish that I'd read this thread before ordering from Nigel O'Hara

I ordered a GW from them on Saturday morning after their site said that it was in stock and would be delivered in "3-5 days" Now taking into consideration the weekend, then I'd have expected it to be delivered Weds-Fri. I checked on tuesday and it was still "processing"

THEN I read this thread

I got onto their 'resolutions centre' asking why it hasn't been dispatched and I got the seems to be stck reply of "Had to order yours especially from the manufacturer" So Instantly smelled a rat and asked for a refund

Then my 'resolution' dissapeared from the 'resolutions centre' and just back to 'my order'. So I took another resolution out asking to be refunded. i also phoned their shop and spoke to a fella who said that he'd process my refund

NOTHING HAPPENED

So I sent a final message asking them why, after several reqests are they ignoring my cancellation and refund requsts. I got a message back saying that they "are processing your refund but it may not return to your account until 28 days"

So I opened a resolutions problem with paypal and guess what? The money was refunded within an hour

So I looked on Amazon, saw the same watch for £4 more but got free next day [Saturday] delivery with Amazon prime trial. So hopefully by this time tomorrow, I'll have it

A lesson learned

Craftsman
    I should have searched here before I recommended them to my neighbour !!!!
    45 days delivery on an "on offer" casio.
    Compensation, "when the warehouse has stock they will upgrade delivery to next day."
    Multiple calls etc etc, Nathan of said company accidentally picked up the phone and said it would be dispatched in 5 days. Never got to him again past the gate keepers.

Just don't you have been warned, again.

My neighbour still speaks to me :-)

Jeez, wished I read this thread a few weeks ago..

Ordered a G Shock GW-3000-M4AR (as it was on offer) 05/05/14 with delivery within 3-5 days*. 12 days later still no watch and they accept that they still do not have the watch in stock and cannot state firm delivery date.
    Several guarantees received of delivery by today.
    Payment was taken instantly by the way.
    We are still in discussions but I'm starting to get cross..

*The very small print states that some watches may be ordered in and take 1-2 weeks delivery. Still not going to happen as they still haven't got one yet...

Journeyman
    Dreadful people. Ordered 2 casios, both in stock.
    Checked delivery progress on their online tracking system, it stated delivery in 3 to7 days.
    After 7 days I contacted their customer services they apologised profusely and said the watches were not in stock, they could not be sourced in the UK and would I like to choose different watches, I declined and cancelled my order. I was assured my refund would take 2 to 3 days to complete
    It took nearly 5 weeks, many emails and starting unauthorised payment proceedings with my bank to get my funds back (I paid with debit card).
    Good luck

Well, after reading through this thread again this morning I seriously doubt that I'm going to receive the watch at all, let alone within the next week.
    So I've cancelled it and requested a refund within 5 days or I'm going through the credit card company.
    I've been fobbed off enough.

Actually, the watch is now on offer on Amazon and is cheaper than NOH had it in the sale by about £25, so I've ordered one from there... :)

Let's see what happens with the refund

I bought severall watches of them, however "customer service" appearantly depends on where you buy of them.

On eBay I had contact with a guy called maurice, who was very helpfull when it came to info on tracking, etc.

However ordering on there website is not something I'll do again, no respons to mails whatsoever. In the end I contacted Maurice again through eBay and the problem was solved.

Master
    Here's mine...........

It was supposed to have been my Fathers Day present, my family were gutted it didn't arrive, the only consolation is that Fathers Day here in WA isn't until September, so there's hope yet.
    Stef
    Last edited by Stefan Tapp; 5th August 2014 at 13:00.

Craftsman
    Holy smokes, serious number of bad reviews in this thread alone!

My wife bought something from them years ago and didn't have a great experience either. That said, I bought her a Seiko from them a few years ago and there were no problems.

I bought a watch from them a few years ago, service was nothing to write home about, but the whole set up struck me as more of a wholesaler than the 'diamond jeweller' they purported to be at the time. Plus I later found out I could have got the watch cheaper. Took ages to arrive too. Won't use them again.

Master
    Still no refund for me and this has been going on since May!

So I've just updated my conversation with them.

Stef

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post
    I ordered a Casio watch, (ECW-M300EDB-1AER) which was 'Available to order' on the website on 20th July 2014. My money was immediately taken from my account. But, NIGEL O'HARA does not hold any stock - why is it possible to place an order for something they don't have? It is now four weeks on and still no watch. Nor can they give me any accurate delivery time. All that happens is I get fobbed off with, " It should be with us in the next few days", (they have used this line one too many times now)."We have supply issues". "Our manufacturers are to blame". "It has to be ordered as a Special item". I have never had such a negative internet purchase in my life. It has all been documented from the very start, as soon as I realised that something wasn't right, and I certainly am not alone in this situation. 100's of others have had to resort to claiming refunds for their non-existent goods from their credit-cards, or indeed PayPal, (or by what other method they may have paid). Please don't take my word for it, check it out yourselves on Google, (just look up reviews for Nigel O'Hara). Nigel O'Hara's supplier for the watch I ordered is CASIO UK, this is fact. They currently hold stock of this watch as I have been in contact with them. They also offer a 'Next-day' delivery on this model. This watch was a 21st birthday present for my son, this back on 31st July 2014. I have a disappointed son as he was very much looking forward to receiving this wristwatch for his birthday. I am appalled by the attitude in general of NIGEL O'HARA - (like it or lump it!). I ever called them on the phone, but all I get is exactly the same excuses which have been sent to me in response to my questions of the watch's whereabouts. In fact they were probably reading the same words as sent to me via the internet. This whole experience has been nothing short of a nightmare, and a complete & utter waste of my time, and money at the moment. I have no idea as to how a company can trade in such a fashion, and have so many disgruntled customers - if this were my attitude in my business then I'd be dismissed instantly - poor is an understatement. This company is well known to Trading Standards for their internet antics - I just wish I had seen & read the reports & reviews before I placed my order and parted with my money. If you deal with these people, then you do so at your own peril - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

ps. I have a complete copy of all correspondence to Nigel O'Hara, and the meaningless replies & pathetic excuses they send have out, so should you wish to read, then just leave me a message, and I'll be pleased to send you full details.
    Thanks for your story, more to backup just how shocking they are!

Stef

Thumbs up Nigel O'Hara Bad Review.

An update on my posts above.
    I got my money back through the credit card company who were very good about the whole thing, crediting my account temporarily within 24 hours of my complaint which would (and did) become permanent following their investigations.

After a bit of a bun fight with Trust Pilot, I also got my review reinstated, but I'm guessing that there's plenty of dissatisfied customers who just give up on that one...

Apprentice

Thank goodness I used Paypal when I ordered from Nigel O'Hara

Like so many others I have regretted ever seeing the name Nigel O'Hara on my computer as then like so many others; I cancelled the order and asked for a refund when I realised that they did not have the Seiko watch I wanted in stock. For six weeks I tried to extract my refund from this shower and like so many others, I was given promises and excuses particularly about their 'Finance Department'. So I pestered them daily then almost hourly as I was determined to get my money back. In the end I raised a claim through Paypal and hey presto! Within 48 hours I was refunded my £187 PLUS £20 for they said: 'My trouble!!' If ever there was a case for using Paypal this was it (Paypal are not paying me commission incidentally!).

In future I will thoroughly review internet suppliers before making any online purchase (using Paypal of course) as I have learnt my lesson.

And as for Nigel O'Hara, well let's just say they will NEVER see the colour of my money again.

Apprentice
    To add another poor experience to the pile:

I ordered a GWF-1000-1DR when they had it on offer in mid July (it was a very nice price, and someone over on watchukseek said they'd just got one in ~2 weeks, so I thought it'd be worth a punt).

I ended up cancelling it today after getting the apparently usual promises that 'it'll be here next week' or 'it'll be here in the coming days' etc (nice fast responses, though without any real info and nothing proactive at all).

I just got the 'we try to process refunds in 5-7 days, but might take 28' message, but it's safe to say that i'll be complaining to paypal before waiting that long.

Oh well

Apprentice
    fwiw, I finally got a refund out of them yesterday - seems their 'finance department' suddenly sprung in to life after I complained to paypal directly :-)
    Hope that's the last I hear from that lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Tapp View Post
    Yep, but hopefully anyone posting new to this thread will stick around and discover this great forum for watch enthusiasts!
    I browse around occasionally, as long as it doesn't start to cost me too much ;-) (not that I can afford a lot of the watches that show up around here anyway!).

Master
    Yep, I finally got refunded by Paypal echeque. Cleared last week, ordered the same watch from a US seller for the same price delivered and it was dispatched within two days.

Stef

Apprentice
    Why do I feel I got out of jail with my purchase?! Thankfully, I didn't read these reviews after buying as I probably would have looked to cancel my order and might have gotten into a real mess trying to get the refund.

I'll briefly give my experience with NOH. I wanted to buy a Citizen Skyhawk watch, in Titanium. I was watching prices in the sales over Christmas and was monitoring the usual sites like WatchShop, WatchHut, Firstclasswatches etc. All were well over EUR600. Google brought me to NOH and they were selling the watch on sale for EUR420. I'm always sceptical when I see something that looks too good to be true but NOH is an actual store so it seemed legit and I just figured it was a huge sale they were having. To be safe, I used PayPal and made the purchase on the 28th December.

I was a bit cheesed off afterwards because I assumed the watch would be shipped straight away as it was in stock. After a few days I contacted their support team and they informed me there were ordering this "especially for me" and they were expecting deliveries at the start of January and would get the delivery to me ASAP. OK, I figured, I could wait...

Another week passed and I contacted them again and they responded saying they had no definitive time when they expect the delivery but it would be the next few days. I wasn't that cheesed off as looking at other sellers on the web, they all seemed to be saying there was a 4-5 week delay in getting deliveries for this watch.

But then on Wed 14th Jan they sent me the email to say it had been dispatched and the tracking number included etc. And I received the watch the next day. The watch was sized correctly as I had requested with some links and it was very well packaged.

So I have to be honest, I am quite happy with how this went. I found their customer support to be very quick in getting back to me and polite to deal with.

After reading this thread though....I would be reluctant to shop there again. It's not acceptable what's happened to many of you and it would have driven me up the wall. I probably would have driven up there (I live in Dublin) to sort it out.

I don't know what their supply chain is like. Do they accept orders and then look to source the watch themselves at the cheapest price? Do they really purchase directly from the manufacturer as they say? I suppose you always have to be wary when seeing products at such a great price compared to all the usual places. The other option I was looking at was buying this watch from Littlewoods on my account but that would have cost EUR640 and they charge 39% APR....

So I feel lucky with this purchase, there was a bit of a delay, but nothing too bad and I got the watch with a substantial saving.

I'm just glad I didn't read this thread after I had made the purchase!!

Apprentice

Official Nigel O'Hara Customer Support

Thank you for your constructive comments on the TZ-UK Forum.

First of all, we would like to apologise for the delay in replying to you. We would also like to thank you for your feedback, as these comments help us improve the service to our customers.

In reading your post, we understand that you would be frustrated, as we feel that communication is vital in providing an excellent service.

We will contact you personally regarding this issue, so that any issues you have experienced can be thoroughly explained with a view to putting things right.

Precautions have also been put in place to ensure that such instances are not a common occurrence- the impact of these steps taken is evident in our reviews on other platforms.

Providing great customer service is always a paramount priority of Nigel O’Hara.

You can see what our other customers think about us, with hundreds of great reviews for confirmed purchases, all on established platforms, such as Trust Pilot, Amazon and BizRate.

Our efforts in providing excellent service can be seen from the messages and feedback left by only externally verified customers. These reviews can be seen on websites such as TrustPilot, BizRate and Amazon.

We also want to assure you that the issues you have encountered are not a common occurrence, and that we will work hard to resolve them for you quickly. Thank you for choosing to shop with Nigel O’Hara and we look forward to hearing from you again soon.

I have also arranged for a gift voucher for each customer, as a little thank you for your custom and feedback. Simply PM request your voucher through to the Nigel O’Hara TZ-UK Forum account.

Kind regards,

Nigel O’Hara Customer Support