closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Black Bay price help

Master
    Blog Entries

Tudor Black Bay price help

My friend is selling his Tudor Black Bay. He offered it me at £1800, ive looked around and seems a good price but there arent many to comapre too. Its 6 months old in mint condition.

Does anyone know the going rate for a tudor like this?

Is it on leather or on bracelet? That will make a difference to the price. Either way I think £1800 is a good price on leather and a great price on bracelet.

The watch hasn't been out for 6 months so should be newer than your friend states unless he has some good contacts at Tudor to get it so soon.

Its a great watch and at £1800 I would go for it.

List prices in March were:

On strap €2470 (£1,983)
    On bracelet €2720 (£2,184)

I've not seen any in the second hand market yet but £1,800 sounds a tad optimistic to me. Personally I'd wait until the kerfuffle has died down a little and then pick one up. However I'm always a bit cautious with these things.

Cheers,
    Gary

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post
    List prices in March were:

On strap €2470 (£1,983)
    On bracelet €2720 (£2,184)

I've not seen any in the second hand market yet but £1,800 sounds a tad optimistic to me. Personally I'd wait until the kerfuffle has died down a little and then pick one up. However I'm always a bit cautious with these things.

Cheers,
    Gary
    Its on a bracelet, he told me hes had it 6 month though and he definately has no contacts with tudor. Im not the best with watches, it looks lovely but is it looked at as a cheap rolex?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    Its on a bracelet, he told me hes had it 6 month though and he definately has no contacts with tudor. Im not the best with watches, it looks lovely but is it looked at as a cheap rolex?
    The only reason I didn't buy one is the lack of date. I'm holding out for a Pelagos instead. However, I have handled a Black Bay and the quality is nothing but IMPRESSIVE! £1800 does sound high against the RRP but then again, you aren't going to have an easy ride finding another at that price right now. If you can wait, the prices may come down a bit but if you like the watch, I'd say go for it. Tudor are looked upon as a cheap Rolex because they're owned by Rolex... however the watches can hold their own; they just don't have in-house movements.

There's a few on Chrono24 about, and comparing their prices with yours looks about right on a leather and a good deal on the bracelet.

Malc

Master
    £1782 new with b&p inc vat here.

http://www.chrono24.com/en/tudor/her...US&SETCURR=GBP

That last one is in Switzerland which is outside the EU so 20% VAT will be due making total price around £2150.

Master
    It is in Switzerland but does say that vat is included in price. Been wrong before though !

That's Swiss VAT not UK Vat which will certainly be applied by UK customs the blighters 💰💰💰

On a bracelet that sounds to be reasonable deal if in mint condition, get a hundred knocked off and I would say a good deal. I tried on one a few weeks ago on a strap in an Italian AD it worked out to be just uner £2000 full price.

Craftsman
    Apologies for bumping an old thread, but I promise it's relevant!

I'm going to Madrid for bank holiday weekend and was wondering if it would be a good opportunity to pick up a black bay blue bezel - does anyone know yet what the RRP is going to be when they come to the UK in September?

I'd quite like to try one, but I can't see myself owning it for more than a few months, so I'm just trying to work out how much it would cost me financially for those few months of ownership!

according to another previous thread, about -"In the summer edition of the French magazine 'Montres' they state the price of the blue Black Bay as € 2530 on a leather strap and € 2780 on a steel bracelet.

Master
    UK prices will be...

£2330 on bracelet and £2120 on the "vintage" leather strap. The bracelet option includes the nylon nato(ish) strap. Not sure if the leather option also includes the nylon strap.

Craftsman
    Thanks both, very useful information :)

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    UK prices will be...

£2330 on bracelet and £2120 on the "vintage" leather strap. The bracelet option includes the nylon nato(ish) strap. Not sure if the leather option also includes the nylon strap.
    It does include the nylon strap as well :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    UK prices will be...

Sounds to cheap Iconic are showing the watch at £2700.00 before discount on the brace be it the red or blue version and leather a little cheaper both inc the nylon strap.There are plenty on Chrono24 from EU dealers.
    Last edited by mart broad; 12th August 2014 at 09:10.

Banned
    I've seen them well under £2k on the bracelet on Chrono24