closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Orbis Morgan

Craftsman

Orbis Morgan

I have been popping back and forth to the Orbis Morgan site and quite fancied their new offering, The "Pradata"

It looks bloody good value for money to me and it's quite appealing to look at. It's all 316 bead blasted Stainless steel, including the bracelet, got a Miyota 28,800 high beat movement, 3.5mm crystal with AR coating, a 300m W/R and even has a helium valve The face looks OK and has a date and fully superlumed

They throw in a replacement set of screw bars, a screwdriver, a microfibre cleaning cloth and a free NATO that looks half decent quality, and when you but a watch you can buy extra NATOs for around £6 after conversion from $

So I've ordered the watch with toolkit in it's box with 2 extra NATO straps one of which is PVD all for £190 including shipping

Now I feel that I've got a decent bit of kit for my bucks. But this is the part where previous O.M owners come on here and tell me that I've bought a pile of junk

The build quality and value for money is hard to beat, I briefly owned the Nevon, it was well worth the money and the build quality was fantastic considering the low price.

I'm sure you will be very happy with your new watch. :)

Craftsman
    I had an Explorer and I loved it. At that price point there is not a great deal better in a watch and an top you get the pelican case and accessories. You can't regret buying one!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by w2w View Post
    It looks bloody good value for money to me and it's quite appealing to look at. It's all 316 bead blasted Stainless steel, including the bracelet, got a Miyota 28,800 high beat movement, 3.5mm crystal with AR coating, a 300m W/R and even has a helium valve The face looks OK and has a date and fully superlumed

They throw in a replacement set of screw bars, a screwdriver, a microfibre cleaning cloth and a free NATO that looks half decent quality, and when you but a watch you can buy extra NATOs for around £6 after conversion from $

So I've ordered the watch with toolkit in it's box with 2 extra NATO straps one of which is PVD all for £190 including shipping
    With the Miyota being a 9015 (as used by TimeFactors, no less) and the crystal being sapphire, it's hard to see how you can go wrong at that price, as long as the watch keeps time on and water out.

As a matter of interest, which case finish and hand type did you go with?

Any way, best of luck with the watch. I hope that you'll post pictures when it arrives. I'd also be interested to have the manufacturer's official dimensions verified.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seffrican View Post
    With the Miyota being a 9015 (as used by TimeFactors, no less) and the crystal being sapphire, it's hard to see how you can go wrong at that price, as long as the watch keeps time on and water out.

As a matter of interest, which case finish and hand type did you go with?

Any way, best of luck with the watch. I hope that you'll post pictures when it arrives. I'd also be interested to have the manufacturer's official dimensions verified.
    I went for the bead blasted case and bracelet. It's $10USD more than the brushed, but I like the effect and not keen on PVD

I really like the black DLC version a stunning looking watch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by w2w View Post
    But this is the part where previous O.M owners come on here and tell me that I've bought a pile of junk
    Nope! I bought a Branco here a few weeks ago and think it's great.

What can I say? You bought WHAT...? A steel case, mainstream movement powered watch with a sapphire crystal. New, for less than £300.

I'll say it now "it will be a heap of junk".

Yes I lied. If my experience with my OM Nevon is anything to go by; you will be delighted with what you receive.

Hope you like it.

Master

Obris Morgan

Journeyman
    The OM Branco was my first brand new automatic watch and the quality was awesome for the price. I only traded it away after realizing my little wrists are only appropriate for watches less than 40mm. I think you'll be quite pleased.