closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I was nearly scammed today, beware Chrono24 seller Philip Hawkins.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bongodave View Post
    Enjoy your knitting circle ladies.
    Typical keyboard warriors missing spine.
    That'stripe attempts to bully and belittle..
    Plastic keyboard gangsters.
    Wasters with mental age of kindergarten bullies in special needs dept..
    Looks like you'll be hearing from the lawyers in the morning. There's got to be enough there for a class action

Master
    Ace thread. Thanks OP for very community spririted headsup.

And thanks banjodarren for best (recent) opening contribution to the forum.

Run along now - you're leaving us to our crochet, right?

Lmfao
    Last edited by Tomw2000; 22nd August 2014 at 22:29. Reason: Typo

Master
    And all this because he wants to be the fasted member ever to SC access, 19 posts and counting!!!

BongoDave, welcome to the forum. I think you will find it pleasant and informative.

The OP made no negative allegations about Chrono24.

You are however making negative allegations about the OP. You should be very careful. He may "eat you for breakfast slander-wise"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyWheels View Post
    BongoDave, welcome to the forum. I think you will find it pleasant and informative.

The OP made no negative allegations about Chrono24.

You are however making negative allegations about the OP. You should be very careful. He may "eat you for breakfast slander-wise"
    O strongly suggest you read the initial posts re op and then read the replies to them. I would greatly appreciate you pointing out where I am in any way attacking them. I think you will find the complete opposite is the case and your focus on the bulls-eye painted is somewhat skewed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    Looks like you'll be hearing from the lawyers in the morning. There's got to be enough there for a class action
    D,Wainwright Pg Dip LLB
    135 Melbourne Road
    Coventry
    CV5 6JJ

Feel free I always welcome new projects.
    Last edited by bongodave; 22nd August 2014 at 22:42.

Present law[edit]
    English law allows actions for libel to be brought in the High Court for any published statements which are alleged to defame a named or identifiable individual (or individuals; under English law companies are legal persons, and allowed to bring suit for defamation)[1] [2][3][4] in a manner which causes them loss in their trade or profession, or causes a reasonable person to think worse of him, her or them.

“A is liable for saying anything to C about B which would be apt to make the average citizen think worse of the latter.”
    A statement can include an implication; for instance, a photograph of a particular politician accompanying a headline reading "Corrupt Politicians" could be held as an allegation that that politician was personally corrupt. Once it is shown that a statement was published, and that it has a defamatory meaning, that statement is presumed to be false unless the defendant is able to raise a defence to his defamatory act.

Under English law, because companies are legal persons they can sue on the basis of libel the same as natural persons. Cases supporting this principle go as far back as the 19th century, such as South Hetton Coal Co. Ltd. v. North Eastern News Ass'n Ltd. [1894], and extend to more recent cases such as Bognor Regis U.D.C. v. Campion [1972][1] and the McLibel case, when McDonald's sued several protesters.

The 2006 case of Keith-Smith v Williams confirmed that discussions on the Internet were public enough for libel to take place.[8]
    You have read, copied and pasted, but apparently not actually understood... there has been no defamation against C24 - no actions were attributed to them, no-one thinks any less of them. Your entire argument fails simply because your original premise was wildly incorrect.

Defamation is not about what one functionally illiterate person thinks or believes was published, it is about what was actually published. No amount of Wikipedia articles makes someone liable for something they did not do or say.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    That being the case then eBay could take half the world to court (where is the rolls eyes smilie)
    Their own reputation and feedback system would be defaming them - they would have to sue themselves :)

Master
    D,Wainwright Pg Dip
    135 Melbourne Road
    Coventry
    CV5 6JJ

Hhahhahahahaha. Brilliant. How old are you, 9?

Master
    I've recently started browsing chrono24 looking for my next incoming and really appreciate the op giving the heads up on a potentially dodgy seller.
    I really don't see how chrono24 have been called into disrepute as um-bongotheydrinkitinthecongodave has suggested.
    Whilst I'm at it, a big thank you to Eddie and all the forum members for providing an awesome place to learn about, admire and buy and sell watches.
    Ps, I may have had a bit of a drink and am about to hit chrono24 again, I fear for my bank balance come morning!

D,Wainwright Pg Dip LLB
    135 Melbourne Road
    Coventry
    CV5 6JJ

You have a degree in tea-bags..?

Wonderfully funny thread. Thanks Bongodave

I can thank him as he still hasn't left the building!

Present law[edit]
    English law allows actions for libel to be brought in the High Court for any published statements which are alleged to defame a named or identifiable individual (or individuals; under English law companies are legal persons, and allowed to bring suit for defamation)[1] [2][3][4] in a manner which causes them loss in their trade or profession, or causes a reasonable person to think worse of him, her or them.

“ A is liable for saying anything to C about B which would be apt to make the average citizen think worse of the latter. ”
    A statement can include an implication; for instance, a photograph of a particular politician accompanying a headline reading "Corrupt Politicians" could be held as an allegation that that politician was personally corrupt. Once it is shown that a statement was published, and that it has a defamatory meaning, that statement is presumed to be false unless the defendant is able to raise a defence to his defamatory act.

Under English law, because companies are legal persons they can sue on the basis of libel the same as natural persons. Cases supporting this principle go as far back as the 19th century, such as South Hetton Coal Co. Ltd. v. North Eastern News Ass'n Ltd. [1894], and extend to more recent cases such as Bognor Regis U.D.C. v. Campion [1972][1] and the McLibel case, when McDonald's sued several protesters.

The 2006 case of Keith-Smith v Williams confirmed that discussions on the Internet were public enough for libel to take place.[8]

Right honourable BongoDave,

You may have started out by seeking clarification on the matter but you then went on to make a full blown allegation that the OP has slandered or libeled Chrono24 in some way.

PS: you will still have to wait for 60 days before SC access.

I didn't realise he had a Post Grad Diploma, bugger, I better change my user name etc!

Bloody grow up! Lots of people have funny letters after their name...but only the insecure use them on a blooming forum!

Journeyman
    Thanks to the OP for pointing this guy out. I so nearly bought this last week but I decided not to because I wanted a 42mm PO instead...so glad I didn't. I'm hoping that the one I've bought off another seller on Chrono 24 is above board!

Anyone had any dealings with Churchill and Wolff?

Banned
    135 Melbourne Road
    Coventry
    Looks like the HQ of someone extremely successful

Banned
    Looks like the HQ of someone extremely successful

Yup. Thanks.

I was nearly scammed today, beware Chrono24 seller Philip Hawkins.

Well someone on the street has a great collection of wheelies bins. Thanks for the SOTC!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    I didn't realise he had a Post Grad Diploma, bugger, I better change my user name etc!

Bloody grow up! Lots of people have funny letters after their name...but only the insecure use them on a blooming forum!

Tell it to your doctor.

Oh is that a threat bigbongobongo? Do I need to be afraid of your little keyboard and big bongo knuckles bashing the keys!

Think one of us must be drunk and it isn't me!

Well someone on the street has a great collection of wheelies bins.
    They're for recycling all the 'special interest' catalogues that might be delivered to no. 135 in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    They're for recycling all the 'special interest' catalogues that might be delivered to no. 135 in the next few weeks.
    As fun as that sounds, the chances of it actually being his house are slim... BT, for example, list no Wainwrights in that post code.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post

Look forward to it. You can see the drum flower-pot bolted to wall for authenticity. I'll warn the posty to be ready and quick. X

Best opening posts to forum membership. Ever.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    As fun as that sounds, the chances of it actually being his house are slim... BT, for example, list no Wainwrights in that post code.
    Possibilty of ex directory or no phone-line? Maybe not on electoral register?

Then again, I dare say everyone has a bongo bolted to their wall.

Banned
    Oh is that a threat bigbongobongo? Do I need to be afraid of your little keyboard and big bongo knuckles bashing the keys!

Think one of us must be drunk and it isn't me!
    Sorry, please do as I requested several posts ago and feel free to paste the threats and abuse. Should be good seeing what some of you have written again.

Possibilty of ex directory or no phone-line? Maybe not on electoral register?

Then again, I dare say everyone has a bongo bolted to their wall.
    Of course it is a possibility, but it reduces the probability that it is your home... after all, you would have to be an imbecile to post your actual address on the internet - it would take only one drunk and evil-minded forum member (and we have more than one) to suggest to the police that you are a paedophile with connections to al Queda and your feet wouldn't touch the ground!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    Of course it is a possibility, but it reduces the probability that it is your home... after all, you would have to be an imbecile to post your actual address on the internet - it would take only one drunk and evil-minded forum member (and we have more than one) to suggest to the police that you are a paedophile with connections to al Queda and your feet wouldn't touch the ground!
    I like a challenge.

Craftsman
    D,Wainwright Pg Dip LLB
    135 Melbourne Road
    Coventry
    CV5 6JJ
    Are you trying to imply that you're a solicitor?

I like a challenge.
    It does appear that many things are to you.

I like a challenge.

Either: intellect, foolishness, bravery or suicide. Or a combination......

Either way I'm mclovin Bongodave. :-):-):-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post

Profile:

What make of car do you drive?
    MGF

Any modifications to your car?
    Lotus Elise exhaust, piper cross filter, ferrari 358 leather seats, roll hoops, re-trimmed interior and hood.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MuRph77 View Post

Don't gorget to tell them about my S&M toothless octogenarian fetish involving camels.

Banned
    Profile:

What make of car do you drive?
    MGF

Any modifications to your car?
    Lotus Elise exhaust, piper cross filter, ferrari 358 leather seats, roll hoops, re-trimmed interior and hood.

Wouldn't touch one. Mitsubishi FTO Mivec Manual, (may see some posts on FTO forum) Volvo V70r awd and Jaguar XKR for wet hair days... X

Master
    Clearly BD needs to calm down and leave the forum as he has repeatedly threatened to, but IMHO all this google streetview and (jokey) suggestions of retaliation is a bit much.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    There is such a thing as impersonation I believe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr TPG View Post
    Clearly BD needs to calm down and leave the forum as he has repeatedly threatened to, but IMHO all this google streetview and (jokey) suggestions of retaliation is a bit much.
    He posted the address of his lawyer. That is what the street view represents. Nothing sinister.

Banned
    For the third time, please paste any threats or abuse made as I would enjoy to read the silly guff of others again. X

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by demer03 View Post
    Like it. Got stuck at below the waist though for some reason.......?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MuRph77 View Post

Thank you kindly sir.

Any chance of those pictures ? Always nice to see a new members collection

I bet its a slightly weird collection.No ?

Master
    Ah I stand corrected. I hope his lawyer doesn't get any turds or weird magazines as as result of this increasingly bizarre thread...!

He posted the address of his lawyer. That is what the street view represents. Nothing sinister.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
    Are you trying to imply that you're a solicitor?
    No. Merely giving my details for all. You implied this. I only practise the piano.

Banned
    Ah I stand corrected. I hope his lawyer doesn't get any turds or weird magazines as as result of this increasingly bizarre thread...!
    Took me ages to bolt the bongo on my lawyers wall when he was out of his lawyery house doing lawyer stuff in the good old US of A.

I think the jist of it is that we're all wrong apart from bongo, who isn't.

Or have I missed something? I'm not even sure why I bothered reading this thread.

Master
    I am so confused. Back to my knitting...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by itsgotournameonit View Post
    Any chance of those pictures ? Always nice to see a new members collection

I bet its a slightly weird collection.No ?
    Not really. Couple of cheapy Seikos, a very nice Rotary Chrono and a Tudor BR service award 9ct in post from states where my 'lawyer' is currently researching the possibilities of percussion wall abuse. There is a thread with pics of my Tudor in post for your perusal.