closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: #072 has arrived

#072 has arrived

I had always loved the look of the Italian but didn't get on the original reserve list, mainly because I was on holiday when it was started and also because my wife and I moved to a new house last year which is not a cheap exercise. I had always assumed that the LE run had sold out so when one came up for sale on the Sales Corner I initially asked my wife whether I could buy it then chickened out and let it go to someone else. The same thing happened on Monday except this time my wife said I could buy it before I could chicken out. This was a big surprise to me since she is always telling me I have too many watches. Unfortunately I got her nod of approval 10 minutes after the watch was sold. This lead me to posting a WTB post. I then found out that Eddie had 4 left for sale so on Tuesday evening I ordered my brand new PRS-20.

I had a good half hour chat with Eddie yesterday morning when he called me to find out which number I wanted. I chose 072 for no other reason than the Lotus 72 is one of my favourite Formula 1 cars. Eddie told me he was using UPS to send the watch. I was relieved about that since there is a postal strike on at the moment so I wasn't expecting to get the watch until Friday. I got the shipping confirmation e-mail shortly after we got off the phone. The watch was delivered at 9:41am.

Initially I held off opening the watch because I wanted to take some photos of the opening ceremony. I felt a bit stupid doing it at my desk. In the end I took a photo of the box then opened it up. I figured everyone's seen a box being opened, even though it does appear to be a forum tradition. I must say that Eddie has perfected the art of watch packaging. Having cut my way through the extra strong tape I discovered the watch box was packed in a fantastic, reusable, air bag. I will have to keep hold of that in case I have to send anything fragile in the future (not the PRS-20 I might add, this one is going nowhere). Unzipping the watch case revealed the PRS-20.

My first impression was that it wasn't as big as I was expecting. I was wearing my PRS-14 on a new mesh bracelet and the PRS-20 case was only slightly bigger. Obviously the face is huge compared to the 14 but I was relieved. I only have a 6.5" wrist and had been worried that the watch might look a little stupid. My worries were unfounded, it looks fine. I was also worried about the length of the straps. Again they are fine. I have the strap done up to the second from last hole.

The watch is so comfortable to wear,I can hardly feel it on. It is a lot lighter than my Speedy Pro. It certainly doesn't feel like a large watch. The movement is lovely. I have always liked looking at mechanical things. Before now my favourite movement was in my Elgin pocket watch but I think this one may have surpassed that. I'll have to take some side by side shots and post them here later.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. I'll take some photos of 072 later on and post them here.

Welcome to the #20 club Phil 8)

I'm surprised by how much wrist time my PRS-20 is getting - I used to be a confirmed 60min bezel diver man. I think that it's becuase it wears much 'lighter' than it looks and is really comfy - as well as being a bit unusual :lol:

It's also nice to see forummers getting the chance to own the LE even though the preorder list filled up long ago.

I'm sure you don't need telling but I reckon you'll find the '20 both a keeper and a wearer :)

Here are some quick photos I took:

Obligatory wrist shots

PRS-14 on mesh for comparison

The watch case and goodies

Re: #072 has arrived

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee
    I had always loved the look of the Italian but didn't get on the original reserve list, mainly because I was on holiday when it was started and also because my wife and I moved to a new house last year which is not a cheap exercise. I had always assumed that the LE run had sold out so when one came up for sale on the Sales Corner I initially asked my wife whether I could buy it then chickened out and let it go to someone else. The same thing happened on Monday except this time my wife said I could buy it before I could chicken out. This was a big surprise to me since she is always telling me I have too many watches. Unfortunately I got her nod of approval 10 minutes after the watch was sold. This lead me to posting a WTB post. I then found out that Eddie had 4 left for sale so on Tuesday evening I ordered my brand new PRS-20.

I had a good half hour chat with Eddie yesterday morning when he called me to find out which number I wanted. I chose 072 for no other reason than the Lotus 72 is one of my favourite Formula 1 cars. Eddie told me he was using UPS to send the watch. I was relieved about that since there is a postal strike on at the moment so I wasn't expecting to get the watch until Friday. I got the shipping confirmation e-mail shortly after we got off the phone. The watch was delivered at 9:41am.

Initially I held off opening the watch because I wanted to take some photos of the opening ceremony. I felt a bit stupid doing it at my desk. In the end I took a photo of the box then opened it up. I figured everyone's seen a box being opened, even though it does appear to be a forum tradition. I must say that Eddie has perfected the art of watch packaging. Having cut my way through the extra strong tape I discovered the watch box was packed in a fantastic, reusable, air bag. I will have to keep hold of that in case I have to send anything fragile in the future (not the PRS-20 I might add, this one is going nowhere). Unzipping the watch case revealed the PRS-20.

My first impression was that it wasn't as big as I was expecting. I was wearing my PRS-14 on a new mesh bracelet and the PRS-20 case was only slightly bigger. Obviously the face is huge compared to the 14 but I was relieved. I only have a 6.5" wrist and had been worried that the watch might look a little stupid. My worries were unfounded, it looks fine. I was also worried about the length of the straps. Again they are fine. I have the strap done up to the second from last hole.

The watch is so comfortable to wear,I can hardly feel it on. It is a lot lighter than my Speedy Pro. It certainly doesn't feel like a large watch. The movement is lovely. I have always liked looking at mechanical things. Before now my favourite movement was in my Elgin pocket watch but I think this one may have surpassed that. I'll have to take some side by side shots and post them here later.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. I'll take some photos of 072 later on and post them here.
    Congrats, Phil Lee on your acquisition. I also was left off the reserve list and was able to obtain one of the four! I didn't ask for a number as I like a surprise. I also have a small wrist and haven't felt ill at ease wearing my large watches yet. Enjoy your new Precista Italian LE in happiness and good health! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee
    Here are some quick photos I took:

Obligatory wrist shots

The watch case and goodies

The supplied Banda straps are good. I outfitted a Banda to my Rotary Elite 200 Metres, which is a Panerai homage watch, so its a good match with it. You can't really go wrong with the supplied straps.

Craftsman
    [quote="Phil Lee"]

[/qoute]

Congrats on the twenty and all that ( :) ) but what is that lurvly looking mesh you got there? Is it comfy, pricy and how is it in the flesh/steel?

Sorry for the OT.

Cheers,
    Mabuse

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks to be a Vollmer mesh, available in defferent sizes and thicknesses,

http://www.watchband.biz/pi1089327654.htm

Although Phil will correct me if I am wrong :)
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches

Agree looks like a Vollmer. They are good values and watchband.biz is good people.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr

Agree looks like a Vollmer. They are good values and watchband.biz is good people.
    Thanks Ben and Ron. It looks really good. It is a shame mesh is so expensive, I'd really like one but I'm having great difficulties deciding whether or not I've got the guts to shell out that much on something I am thinking may look very different in the flesh.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation guys :)

Cheers,
    Mabuse

Mesh is worth the money very comfortable.

Yep, it's a Vollmer mesh. I bought it from rousey on Sales Corner on Monday for £25, which was nice :) It's the medium mesh.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Could not agree more :lol:

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Craftsman
    Could not agree more :lol:

And damn fine looking, it appears :)

Perhaps it is time to break the piggy bank...

Cheers,
    Mabuse