closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Here is one I only wear once a year...

Journeyman

Here is one I only wear once a year...

This is my son's watch that I plan on giving him when he gets older. It started out as a Timefactors PRS-11. This was one of the limited run of 25 PRS-11 that were fitted with Dreadnought hands. Shortly after I bought it I learned my wife was pregnant with our first son. I decided to let Kent Parks at Everest Watch Works redial the watch with my son's name, birth date and flag of Scotland. My family is originally from Scotland. I really liked the Dreadnought dial, so with Eddie's permission Kent modeled it after the DN. The entire project took about 9 months, appropriate don't you think. I had to get the bracelet custom PVD'd because I could not find one that would work on the secondary market. A custom white on black date wheel at 6 o'clock was made for the watch by Kent. In the photos I have used the hands to cover my sons name and photoshopped my sons name out in some of the photos. I love the watch so much but I only let myself wear the watch only on his birthday which is today. I highly recommend Kent Parks at Everest and Eddie's PRS-11. I can't wait for my son to get older so I can give it to him. :D

verrry nice - and I speak as one not over-fond of divers. You are to be commended on your discipline in not wearing it every day!
    :D
    kamraj

It's the first time I've seen this and I like it very much (well, I would, wouldn't I? :D ).

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

All I can say is WOW. I love the bracelet and you are right about Kent, a true craftsman. You should have used the orange dial version as the date is already at 6 no custom date wheel needed.

Hello from my baby to your Babies future baby.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    It's the first time I've seen this and I like it very much (well, I would, wouldn't I? :D ).

Eddie
    Are you sure Eddie? This was the watch Kent bought a replacement crystal from you for last year after damaging it. When he inquired about getting one he sent you a picture of the watch and you replied to him saying that in 4 years you had never had to supply a replacement crystal for any PRS-XX watch but that it would be no problem and you added that you thought the dial looked great. :)

Does that ring any bells?

I do remember supplying Kent with a crystal but I don't think he showed me a picture of the finished watch.

I didn't tell him I'd never supplied a crystal for any PRS watch because I've supplied a few acrylics and spare crystals for the DN but I had never supplied one for a PRS-3/4/11 before. Incidentally, I still have 20 spare crystals for the PRS-1 Speedbird which nobody seems to want. :wink:

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Eddie, you're becoming a little nocturnal, aren't you?

Jim :wink:

Master
    Blog Entries
    What a great idea, and very well executed. Congratulations :)

Grand Master
    An excellent idea. 8)

I am all for individual watches, and it seems that much thought, and love of detail, has gone into your project.

I hope that your son will grow up in good health and will come to appreciate the care you have taken over this project.

All the best to you and your family! :)
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Craftsman
    That is a nice watch and a great gesture towards your son.

Going slightly off topic, I thought it odd that you where mentioning your Son?s birthday in the middle of July when the dial clearly shows 7.12.06, in other words the 7th December?. I then looked at your location and realised that you?re in the USA, one of only a handful of nations that are out of sync with the rest of the world.

I guess it was the events of the 11th September 2001 that brought the odd American dating system more to the attention of the British public.

At least you still use the term ?4th July? rather than ?July 4th?.

There is a really interesting page on the subject here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_date

Anyhow, hope your Son had a good 1st birthday.

Thomas Reid
    Nice watch. Interesting idea.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Absolutely stunning! Like the philosophy too!
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim:
    Eddie, you're becoming a little nocturnal, aren't you?

Jim :wink:
    I'm going through a phase of being very tired quite early so I go to sleep early and often wake between 2 & 3. Sometime I have things running around in my mind and can't get back to sleep so I get up.

Eddie

Master
    nice watch, nice sentiments

ime sure he will love it when you give it to him

as a Englishman not sure about St.Andrews flag though... :wink:

Re: Here is one I only wear once a year...

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon
    I can't wait for my son to get older so I can give it to him. :D
    Don't rush it. They grow fast enough as it is. ;-)

Nice project. Wait until he is old enough to not be careless with it before you give it to him. ;-)

Re: Here is one I only wear once a year...

Amen to both sentiments Tom. I can't believe my kids are already 8 and 6, yet they're still not old enough to fully appreciate and take care of such a gift. My plan is to wait until high school graduation or some such significant coming of age event. Great watch Cannon. A real labor of love that your son WILL appreciate some day.

Rick

Master
    Very nice. Hope the boy appreciates it when the time comes!

Kent does good work. Here's a couple of SuperLuminova re-lumes he did for me . .

Customized Hamilton military watch, relumed hands markers and the big numerals - all C1 orange lumed marker at 12 . .

Old trench-style watch, hands and numerals - all C3 . .

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA
    Very nice. Hope the boy appreciates it when the time comes!

You have to watch it with kids ... my son has no interest whatsoever in watches so the subject never comes up. Why bore him when I've got all you to play with?

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Aaah, how sweet John :).

Lovely watch and a great idea. My 15 year old is on his second KGB Vostok (you can tell I'm a big spender, can't you :lol:), as he destroyed the first one... and his current one is getting very battered indeed :shock:.

Giving your son this watch on his graduation sounds about right...

Simon