TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Italian on the Bay...

Italian on the Bay...

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

The pictures don't do it justice. :(

... he should have nicked some from here. :twisted:

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Four bids, all from 'Bidder 1'. So I guess there must have been a reserve price. His first three bids must have been under the reserve, so it sure looks like Bidder 1 wants it.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    hm looks like eddie should start flogging some of his limited watches on the bay -
    no more need for a proper community spirit, making reserve lists, including
    the future customers to find a decent price... :?

let's put it this way: some forum members chose to sell it for example here
    with a fair price without making profit of it - i do not feel so comfortable with
    this offer - or do i set too high moral standards here? :shock:

edit:spelling

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas

john
    Well he nicked plenty from the site, why stop at nicking pictures? :wink:

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas

john
    Well he nicked plenty from the site, why stop at nicking pictures? :wink:

Eddie
    First thing I thought of on seeing this ad was it is pretty scummy to steal Eddies screens.

Re: Italian on the Bay...

Quote Originally Posted by mr1973
    $1350?? I paid less than that for mine from Eddie. I wouldn't be surprised if it fetches up to 2 grand on the Bay. That's still a bargain compared to an Officine Panerai. :wink:

Master
    The hands look a bit blue in all the pictures ....... :D

Pete

He seems to be hot linking the schematic diagram direct from timefactors.com. Not very polite behaviour.

Maybe Eddie could put up a more suitable pic for him to hotlink to... :)

Master
    oh the nice thing is with ebay you can have a look what the seller sold
    before: seems to be an expert in milking ; ) :D

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Currantly at £675ish :shock:

I really hope Eddie knows the seller and inserts his testicles into a blender and makes a bollocks smoothie.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches

I really hope Eddie knows the seller and inserts his testicles into a blender and makes a bollocks smoothie.
    Well the vendor has kindly shown the serial number in 2 of the pictures, so should not be a problem.

Pete

I think that the seller stinks. No, not because he is selling the Italian (if he is fool enough to do that, why bother?) but simple because of the way he is setting the reserve price: not in a transparent way, but artificially bidding through a phantom bidder (himself, and no other). As a frequent buyer in ebay I would NEVER buy from a seller behaving like that. :x :evil: :evil: :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches

Eddie said in the past that he doesn't care what people do with his watches, once they buy them.

I can see another DN madness in the making. It's a great watch and it's all on display.

Don't get too emotional just 'sit and watch'. :lol:

john

I agree with John though I still think it is nasty to steal the ad.

Shabby, at best.

A quick search of the forum will reveal the name of the person who is selling it. I agree that it isn't right to sell the watch for a profit like this. In the same way I don't like the way a couple of people seem to be running businesses in Sales Corner.

The picture of the drawing is indeed hotlinked from my server. I might rename the file later today and substitute it with this.

:lol:

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    :headbang:

Journeyman
    The picture of the drawing is indeed hotlinked from my server. I might rename the file later today and substitute it with this.

Eddie
    Okay, note to self - don't drink a soda then read Eddie's response. I had to clean off the PC I laughed so hard. Do it! Love to see that on ebay. Might even increase the value. :lol:

It bothered me a bit when some members were able to get on the list, then when the watch was completed, never bothered to follow through on their committment. I also remember that the cost to Eddie was higher then originally estimated and Eddie kept the price for the forum members. There are enough forum members who would still like to own this watch, so not to offer it at cost on this forum is just wrong. :evil:

DaveB

Eddie
    go on it would be well funny!!!

Eddie
    PLEASE DO IT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Journeyman
    Code:
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ebay\.com [NC]
    RewriteRule (.*) /posts/non-watch/bucket.jpg
    I used that Apache conf code to replace my hotlinked images with this:

Clarification

I wanted to respond to the people who posted negative comments on a situation they know nothing about.

Your opinions are based on your perception of a situation and not the reality. My husband did not intend to sell that watch. He talked very highly of it as well as the man/company who made it. He has more integrity than you will ever know about. Although, an explanation is not warranted, I will tell you that your posts are misplaced. I asked him to make a choice and he did what he thought was necessary under the circumstances.

So all I can say, is shame on all of you.

Journeyman

Re: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrad
    I wanted to respond to the people who posted negative comments on a situation they know nothing about.

Your opinions are based on your perception of a situation and not the reality. My husband did not intend to sell that watch. He talked very highly of it as well as the man/company who made it. He has more integrity than you will ever know about. Although, an explanation is not warranted, I will tell you that your posts are misplaced. I asked him to make a choice and he did what he thought was necessary under the circumstances.

You should be ashamed of the way you have gone about selling the watch. Needing money and making a difficult decision to sell something that you really want to keep is always hard. I can only speak to my comments on this post. Selling this on ebay knowing that there was a waiting list and forum members who want this watch and then using the data from Eddie's site is, in my opinion, unethical. Don't flaunt that "he has intergrity" in your response. Your actions, i.e., how you went about selling this, are what I object to and they represent you as a person. That is reality, get use to it.

DaveB

Craftsman

A choice -
    "My better half said it could not stay, so it is with much regret that I am letting it go." shame on you :twisted:

I asked him to make a choice and he did what he thought was necessary under the circumstances.
    "It's that watch or me!"

hot-linking to Eddie´s site for information without his permission is dishonest and an infringement of his rights - sorry, can´t condone that.

Craftsman
    Maybe Eddie should put the actual cost of the PRS-20 LE (£550) on his website so that any potential buyer can see the original price of this watch. The price of the Dreadnought (£450) is there for all to see (and these are selling for £1000 +) so it is up to the buyer how much they are prepared to pay over the original price for an LE.

Without knowing the full story, it seems a little harsh to make judgements. If they need to sell the watch to raise funds, then it makes sense to try and raise as much as possible. Charity begins at home, however nice it might be to pass the watch on to another forum member at cost.

With regard to the hotlinked picture - it takes a certain level of web awareness to know that this is bad form. Again, making a judgement based on an assumed level of knowledge seems harsh.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob
    With regard to the hotlinked picture - it takes a certain level of web awareness to know that this is bad form. Again, making a judgement based on an assumed level of knowledge seems harsh.
    It takes a certain level of web awareness to hot-link a picture in the first place.

An apology not a whine would have been more appropriate.

Craftsman
    Do we know what the original starting price was for this watch on e-b@y before the 4 bids where placed? Was it a case of ?reserve not met?? I don?t think any of us have a problem with bidders paying over the odds for an item, after all if they think the price is too high, then they won?t bid.

If forum etiquette dictates that people here should not sell at a profit???.

Then I demand that the next ?one owner from new? Dreadnought that is put up for sale is sold to me for the original asking price of £450 plus P&P?..

I?m not going to hold my breath though :wink:

I am the seller of the watch on Ebay. My wife said it could not stay. Most of those of you who are married understand that the wife usually has final say. Rather than create a rift in our marriage, I chose to let the watch go. In hindsight, I should have just sold it on the forum.

I did not link to the website, I just used coy and paste to put the information there. I told Eddie that (after the fact) and have not heard anything from him. I should have asked his permission first before using the information.

I did not sign up for the watch to sell it. Actually, even though I did not wear it, I took it to work and set it on the desk every day to admire it, and kept it wound continuously.

I am glad that all of you can keep you Italian and enjoy it. I wish I could too. :(

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR
    Do we know what the original starting price was for this watch on e-b@y before the 4 bids where placed? Was it a case of ?reserve not met?? I don?t think any of us have a problem with bidders paying over the odds for an item, after all if they think the price is too high, then they won?t bid.

Then I demand that the next ?one owner from new? Dreadnought that is put up for sale is sold to me for the original asking price of £450 plus P&P?..

I agree anyone who complained about selling the watch at a profit should now and forever be bound to selling any DN's that they have or may ever have for sale at the original selling price. In addition, they should also be required to post scathing replys to anyone who dares sell it above original price.

Craftsman
    Can't help thinking there would be more complaints if it had a "buy it now" set at less than the original selling price

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RJS
    Can't help thinking there would be more complaints if it had a "buy it now" set at less than the original selling price
    Why :?:

Hmmmm. Lots of comments about this, but surely PRS-20 LE owners should be interested in what value the "open market" puts on their watch?
    OK hotlinking to someone else's bandwidth is bad manners to those who understand such things, but other than that I don't understand the problem.
    Eddie does not restrict LE reservations to forum regulars and this guy does not seem to have any use for TZ-UK going by his posting history (Not sure even who the original purchaser was?)
    So if he chooses to put it on the 'bay then that's his choice. We might not like it but as I say all we can do now is sit back and see what it goes for.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR

Quote Originally Posted by p-diddy
    I agree anyone who complained about selling the watch at a profit should now and forever be bound to selling any DN's that they have or may ever have for sale at the original selling price. In addition, they should also be required to post scathing replies to anyone who dares sell it above original price.
    I agree with both posters. I don't understand this whole "you're not allowed to make a profit on a TF LE" attitude. Why not??? Because other people didn't get it? Now is the time to see how much those people really want it :D

But I am serious though, if you buy a TF LE, are you obliged (by forum-pressure), to keep it or sell it on to someone else on the forum? That would be ridiculous.

And would you also not do it with another brand where you don't "know" the owner?

I realize I have only 2 posts to my name but I take it that's not a problem to give your opinion here right?

Quote Originally Posted by Neth

And would you also not do it with another brand where you don't "know" the owner?

I realize I have only 2 posts to my name but I take it that's not a problem to give your opinion here right?
    Absolutely. And as it happens I agree with you.

john

Quote Originally Posted by Neth
    If you buy a TF LE, are you obliged (by forum-pressure), to keep it or sell it on to someone else on the forum? That would be ridiculous.
    Not "obliged", but I think it would be considered good form.

I have no problem with people selling outside the forum. See how much the market will bear just do it with your own pictures and text.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr
    I have no problem with people selling outside the forum. See how much the market will bear just do it with your own pictures and text.
    I agree.

Apprentice
    ...just do it with your own pictures and text.
    I agree with that too.

Well ... he could have offered links instead. :roll:

Although the picture 'stealing' issue appears to be Eddie's gripe I feel most were disgruntled for not getting a first bite at a cheap cherry. Personally, I see all this as advertising and feel sorry for the poor chap and his predicament(s) ... and as he appears to want to have another watch from the TZ-UK Sales Corner, I am beginning to have serious doubts about his and family's sanity. :(

john

PS Where's that gun and spade pic when you want it? :P

Master
    Just had a look at the ebay listing in question.

Currently at $1350 aka approx £675 ( 17 hours to go.) which is hardly comparing to current Dreadnought prices. (maybe one day... :cry: ).

Probably just envious that he had the opportunity albeit briefly to own one.

Admittedly using Eddie photos was a bit off. However it is looking like he is looking to buy on the sales forum, just missed out on a LE Aerowatch it seems...

We may have a Flipper on our hands. :D

Just my two cents.

Dave

I only wished I owned one!

I only wish I owned one. Why all this uproar over a guy selling a watch for a profit? All owners should be thrilled that the Italian is fetching a nice profit. Eddie must be happy his watches are so nice that used ones are already fetching large sums! Every owner of this watch is making a profit on his investment based upon used prices on the market. The next time Eddie comes up with a new watch, people won't think twice about paying list price because they know the value will go up soon. The word would spread, "Better buy Eddie's new watch before the market price goes up!"

All the complaining that some guy is making a profit on his new watch? Maybe there should be a forum rule that no one can make a profit on a watch. i.e., all watches for sale on the forum must be sold at break even or a loss! See how fast the complaints would mount from that rule.

If I were Eddie, I would be thrilled at this news. Great for business and reputation.

Apprentice
    So it went for US $1,525.00! That's a nice price, I wish I had one :lol: (really though)! And the buyer put in a second bid so he was planning to go even higher!

Well, everyone with an Italian LE now has an idea of what it's worth nowadays.