closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A Happy Yank!

A Happy Yank!

I just got the PRS-53 in the mail today. The shipping was fast and very well packed (to the US).

I must say I am very impressed with this watch. This is my first "nice" watch that I have ever own (most of my watches have been cheap things from the local retail outlet).

It looks great, got the NATO "BOND" strap. First NATO as well. It fits well and very classy.

It's also my first Hand Wind watch. Which, is very cool. I can hear it ticking...which I think is just the coolest thing.

I know I sound very silly, but when you get something for the first time (something nice for yourself) - well I must say I am just smiling.

Thanks Eddie -

You made me a Happy Yank from across the pond.

Regards,
    Michael

Craftsman
    Congrats!!

Enjoy the watch....

Michael 8)

Congratulations!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Great choice Michael, the 53 is a superb watch and incredible value for money. :) :)

Congratulations, and wear it in health.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Wow, the 53 became one hot seller!

Congrats mate!
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Micheal where in the US are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr
    Sarasota, FL

(We just moved here last year from San Francisco)

I see you are from NY, I actually travel to NY several times a year for business. I will let you know the next time I am heading your way - maybe we can meet for a drink.

I try to get over to the UK and Europe at least once a year for a visit. (Never miss a chance to visit the Victory in Portsmith - been there probably 20 times. Love the old Naval stuff.)

Regards,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish42
    Sarasota, FL

I see you are from NY, I actually travel to NY several times a year for business. I will let you know the next time I am heading your way - maybe we can meet for a drink.

I try to get over to the UK and Europe at least once a year for a visit. (Never miss a chance to visit the Victory in Portsmith - been there probably 20 times. Love the old Naval stuff.)

Regards,
    Michael
    There's a tread running in the Digital Photography sub forum with pics of HMS Victory

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32535

If you have some then you might like to add them to the thread Michael?

She's a beautiful ship - I've only seen her the twice, 18 years apart and I've noticed a phenomenal change in that time - so much restoration has been done. With 20 visits under your belt you will have seen all those changes as they progressed, It must have been good to see the restoration develop. :)
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

I know Eddie commented that the '53 has been a silent success, but interest sure seems to be on the rise of late.

Regardless, congrats Michael. It's a lovely watch, one I'm sure you'll enjoy. You might wish to purchase one of Eddie's open-ended aviators in brown to go with it at some point - I asked Eddie to install mine before delivery and I haven't taken it off yet despite having worn the watch on regularly since it arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    Sarasota, FL

Regards,
    Michael
    There's a tread running in the Digital Photography sub forum with pics of HMS Victory

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32535

If you have some then you might like to add them to the thread Michael?

She's a beautiful ship - I've only seen her the twice, 18 years apart and I've noticed a phenomenal change in that time - so much restoration has been done. With 20 visits under your belt you will have seen all those changes as they progressed, It must have been good to see the restoration develop. :)
    I didn't notice so much the changes, as much as the "up keep". I was there on 3 seperate occassions and each time a different top mast has been removed to be cleaned, repainted, updated, etc.

I however notice more changes in the muesums and the surrounding exhibts. Specially the increase in the O'Brian stuff - since his passing.

I have only really been there about 12 times - it seems like 20.

I always visit the place. I am a huge fan of Nelson and I come from a big sailing family.

I will dig through the photos to find them and "digitize" them as well.

I have a funny video I made (with Explosion "man made" sounds of cannons firing) imagining what those 32 pounders must of sounded like on the gun decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean in Canuckistan
    I know Eddie commented that the '53 has been a silent success, but interest sure seems to be on the rise of late.

Regardless, congrats Michael. It's a lovely watch, one I'm sure you'll enjoy. You might wish to purchase one of Eddie's open-ended aviators in brown to go with it at some point - (snip)
    It's funny you mention that....I just ordered the Aviation Strap (brown) for the PRS-53 and also ordered the PRS-17C.

The PRS-14 will have to wait till X-mas or my birthday - I have already informed the wifey!

Sarasota, FL

Regards,
    Michael
    Next time you come up if we can meet I'll gladly buy you a pint and talk watches.