closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tudor in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    I'd be lying if I said residual value wasn't a factor but it's not the only factor. I can't imagine that Tudor will see the same residuals as pre-owned Rolex, unfortunately.
    Intrinsically you could argue that Tudor is, in some ways, at least as good a bet as a Rolex as a long term buy - not least because the movement means that owners won't be so tied into the whole Rolex servicing thing. We have several Tudors in the family and it does make a difference.

BUT the fact that Tudors are so easily available new from European dealers at chunky discounts does mean some significant depreciation I think. I'm hoping to pick up a nearly new Pelagos in a bit, and I'll expect to pay less than I can get a new one for from a European source.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Thankyou, Michael Matthews looks a little intimidating tbh i often have a browse in the window when i am passing

I will check out the Tudors when I'm next working BH1
    Don't be put off.

I've bought 3 watches from them over the years. David (one of the salesmen) is very knowledgeable and a nice chap as well.

scooter

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by simoscribbler View Post
    Intrinsically you could argue that Tudor is, in some ways, at least as good a bet as a Rolex as a long term buy - not least because the movement means that owners won't be so tied into the whole Rolex servicing thing. We have several Tudors in the family and it does make a difference.

BUT the fact that Tudors are so easily available new from European dealers at chunky discounts does mean some significant depreciation I think. I'm hoping to pick up a nearly new Pelagos in a bit, and I'll expect to pay less than I can get a new one for from a European source.
    I suppose I should've mentioned that it's not actually going to cost me anything at all, courtesy of Tesco Clubcard

Went down to see the display at EJ in Watford today, out of all the watches the one that struck me was actually the advisor with the white dial:

Thought it looked rather nice in the flesh as it were.
    The BB didn't grab me, nor many of the others with very thick cases.

Craftsman
    I suppose I should've mentioned that it's not actually going to cost me anything at all, courtesy of Tesco Clubcard
    I'm going to get a BB with my CC vouchers.

Is it you that goes to Brooklands and taking the 3 V's?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1975i View Post
    I'm going to get a BB with my CC vouchers.

Is it you that goes to Brooklands and taking the 3 V's?
    Nice to make your acquaintance on TZ-UK; as opposed to PTS, Steve!

I haven't touched 3Vs since nearly getting my fingers burnt when the NS&I loophole closed, but yes I did used to buy mine from Brooklands and another local untapped source

Craftsman
    Nice to make your acquaintance on TZ-UK; as opposed to PTS, Steve!

I haven't touched 3Vs since nearly getting my fingers burnt when the NS&I loophole closed, but yes I did used to buy mine from Brooklands and another local untapped source
    Good to see you on here, not sure of the screen name tho.

You're local to me but there's enough at a store nearer my home to keep me busy. I'm full this quarter, just waiting for it to end so I can change up and start again.

Finally managed to have a quick look today in Edinburgh and although my brain is a bit addled at the moment I fell in love with the Pelagos.
    Tried it on and even though I have small wrists felt I could get away with it, love the weight and profile.
    They are having an open evening in a weeks time and look forward to speaking to Tudor UK then.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    Obviously my comments were based on what I actually see. Based on my ownership, the entire crown function is as solid, smooth and refined as a triplock in operation.
    Indeed so, that's the acid test - the stems of any watch the same diameter with a similar sized movement will be equally as fragile (or not so fragile), no matter how the spacer is constructed - as long as the movement is solidly fixed. I really doubt that's a problem with Tudors.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master
    I had a chance to handle a Pelagos, Black Bay and Heritage Chrono this afternoon and they're lobely pieces. I was rather taken with the simplicity and weight of the Pelagos though (along with the intriguing clasp) and it's certainly got me thinking about another brand I hadn't particularly considered in terms of modern pieces.

It was the Heritage Chrono (blue) I thought would be my favourite but it's rather a tall watch.

Had a peek at the Tudors in Frazer Hart yesterday.
    I was interested to see the Ranger....I wad a bit disappointed to see how large it is.

zsayub116610
    Tried on the Black shield today with leather strap/red stitching. Im not a big fan of the leather, seems too plasticky.

And TBH its a valjoux 7750 for £3.5k!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    Went down to see the display at EJ in Watford today, out of all the watches the one that struck me was actually the advisor with the white dial:

Thought it looked rather nice in the flesh as it were.
    The BB didn't grab me, nor many of the others with very thick cases.
    It's quite far removed from what I would normally look at, but that is really lovely! I'd never considered Tudor before, to my misjudgement. What's the RRP on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    It's quite far removed from what I would normally look at, but that is really lovely! I'd never considered Tudor before, to my misjudgement. What's the RRP on that?
    This particular watch is a modern version of their 1957 alarm watch and so has a mechanical alarm module in it as well. I think for this reason it's one of the most expensive with a rrp of £4160 with the bracelet or £4020 on leather.
    Probably can be had cheaper from the EU dealers though or Grey dealers like Iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    This particular watch is a modern version of their 1957 alarm watch and so has a mechanical alarm module in it as well. I think for this reason it's one of the most expensive with a rrp of £4160 with the bracelet or £4020 on leather.
    Probably can be had cheaper from the EU dealers though or Grey dealers like Iconic.
    Thanks for the info, imo that's not a bad price, still a little out of my budget

Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    Black Bay Red / Blue on leather £1766 (sorry forgot to look at the bracelet price) Pelagos £2366 Ranger On Bracelet £1873 Ranger on leather £1616 Heritage chrono on bracelet £2500 Source Heathrow T2 - Harrods luxury watch storeOnly problem is dual pricing is in place (thanks Rolex). You only get the "airport" price if travelling outside of the EU. High street price applies to all other traveller's. Airport staff have to pay the full RRP. Blue bay, Pelagos are my faves although I didn't like my Red black bay?. Ranger is nice but needed to be a tad smaller to pull off the classic look IMHO. Out of the 3, Pleagos wins hands down for me.
    Only just saw this, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    Only just saw this, thank you very much!
    My pleasure. Decent prices if you are traveling somewhere far flung..

A point to note. Tudor is only available in T2 (Harrods), T3 WOS and T4 WOS. So not T1 and 5. T5 Mappin & Webb will get Tudor at some point.

I tried on a black bay, pelagos, and ranger the other day.

The ranger is just too big for the style of watch, and in my opinion, the aged lume looks a bit naff. Same goes for the red bezel black bay.

The pelagos is a very well put together watch in my opinion, and I loved the bracelet design. The watch is very simple, quite brutal, and tool-ish in person. The example I looked at had a slightly misaligned bezel, and I would have insisted on it being refitted prior to purchase, because that's inexcusable on a watch at that price in my opinion, although I understand that's common with rolexes these days too.

The black bay with the blue bezel was gorgeous and I fell in love with it on the spot. It's just a stunning watch. If only they did a version with a date function (a black date window would be preferable. They do seem to have a thing for white day/date displays on black dials).

Craftsman
    Huge value for money IMHO!