closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just bought a Tudor Black Bay

If you had to have only three modern classics, I think you nailed it. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    Nice choice.

We have similar taste Ric.

I'll have to try mine on defferent straps, they look great.

Master
    Two great looking threesomes.

Many congratulations both of you.

scooter

I bought the watch box a good few years ago from a website that no longer exists

Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II View Post
    I bought the watch box a good few years ago from a website that no longer exists
    That's unfortunate Just watched a programme this morning on scam websites actually..

But great purchase Ric! Maybe there's something about the Black Bay that complements those two Omegas.

Saw the range of BBays in the local AD this week and spend a while looking over the various options. The Blue looks great on the bracelet but the Red is best on the leather. There is considerable strap to strap variation on the leather of the Red, some are very plain whilst others are superb.

Thinking of getting the Red, but will need to see a few more to get the strap I want.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
    Saw the range of BBays in the local AD this week and spend a while looking over the various options. The Blue looks great on the bracelet but the Red is best on the leather. There is considerable strap to strap variation on the leather of the Red, some are very plain whilst others are superb.

Thinking of getting the Red, but will need to see a few more to get the strap I want.
    You mean some of the leather distressed-ness is not very noticeable, whereas others look highly distressed and are therefore more desirable?

Yes, just what I should have said.
    Thank you

Craftsman
    I haven't seen a BB in the flesh yet - hoping to do so later this month. From your pictures it looks like the crystal is a long way proud of the bezel though - is that the case? It does look lovely though - they are definitely growing on me.

One of the shops in Basingstoke has Tudor now, I had a look on Tuesday night. I like the blue version of the Black Bay, still can't get on with the red one, I'd definitely want one on the bracelet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    One of the shops in Basingstoke has Tudor now, I had a look on Tuesday night. I like the blue version of the Black Bay, still can't get on with the red one, I'd definitely want one on the bracelet though.
    I'm the other way round, I find the dial on the blue too cold.

I think my ideal TBB might be the blue bezel, the copper coloured minute track and RG indices/hands of the red, but with the white lume of the blue!

But it would have to be on the bracelet, yes the Tudor deployant is lovely, but leather straps are easily obtainable, bracelets aren't

I keep telling myself not to buy a BB (I have other watches that do a better job of what the BB does) time will tell if I listen to myself or not!

Quote Originally Posted by adzman808 View Post
    I'm the other way round, I find the dial on the blue too cold.

I think my ideal TBB might be the blue bezel, the copper coloured minute track and RG indices/hands of the red, but with the white lume of the blue!

But it would have to be on the bracelet, yes the Tudor deployant is lovely, but leather straps are easily obtainable, bracelets aren't

I keep telling myself not to buy a BB (I have other watches that do a better job of what the BB does) time will tell if I listen to myself or not!
    The dealer on Tuesday had the blue Heritage Chrono too, it looks rubbish on the NATO but really nice on the bracelet. At £3,100 though (the display showed one on the bracelet and one on the NATO, both with the same price tag!) it's about a grand more than the Black Bay. I had a Heritage Chrono and would have another again but I don't reckon it's worth almost a grand more than the BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    The dealer on Tuesday had the blue Heritage Chrono too, it looks rubbish on the NATO but really nice on the bracelet. At £3,100 though (the display showed one on the bracelet and one on the NATO, both with the same price tag!) it's about a grand more than the Black Bay. I had a Heritage Chrono and would have another again but I don't reckon it's worth almost a grand more than the BB.
    Agreed. If I was going to buy a modern 'heritage' chrono from the high street,it would probably be a Longines one, which usually come up at around BB money, and have colum wheel movements!

TBH, I've yet to see a modern Tudor that doesn't look better on the bracelet (non bracelet models excepted of course!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II View Post
    I haven't adjusted the bracelet on the Black Bay yet, I only took a wrist shot with all the links still in so I don't really know yet. The 2254 is slimmer than the Tudor though and the bracelet isn't as wide, it's 22mm on the Tudor but otherwise they look to be a similar size on the wrist.
    I was actually quiet surprised how thick the BB was when I tried it on in Selfridges at the weekend. I had assumed it would have much more of a 'heritage' profile to it, which put me off it a little… didn't like it on leather at all – to much gap between the case and the strap, which is a personal bug which wouldn't affect others I'm sure. Not seen many on NATO. Anyone trying that out???

I still haven't ruled it out though. I wish the blue came with a midnight blue face… would have made it really special.

Quote Originally Posted by scrog10 View Post
    That is a great watch. I was tempted by one on SC recently.
    I have heard they look better in real life a few times so they must be very impressive looking at your quality photos.
    Having seen one in the jewellers window recently, I can say they look exactly like they do in photos. It is the Pelagos that looks very different in my experience. Much better in the metal than in photos IMHO.

Nice collection BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    I was actually quiet surprised how thick the BB was when I tried it on in Selfridges at the weekend. I had assumed it would have much more of a 'heritage' profile to it, which put me off it a little… didn't like it on leather at all – to much gap between the case and the strap, which is a personal bug which wouldn't affect others I'm sure. Not seen many on NATO. Anyone trying that out???

I still haven't ruled it out though. I wish the blue came with a midnight blue face… would have made it really special.

So I went and looked at the BB again tonight and I just can't get on with this part of the watch… on my wrist it looks like a great lump of metal… not been so disappointed in ages as it was top on my hit list. I really, really love the face and colours of the BB, but it just does not look right on me. To bulky I think. And its a dive watch that looks wrong with a NATO due to its solid depth of case. Crazy.

Means the Ranger had become more desirable all of a sudden, but that could have done with a couple of mm dropped from the diameter. Looks good on the wrist though.

Interesting to see the Black Bay next to the Speedmaster. As size comparisons go it shows what to expect when you try one on, the size not always obvious from photos of the watch. think I'll wear the Speedy when going to try one on...

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Interesting to see the Black Bay next to the Speedmaster. As size comparisons go it shows what to expect when you try one on, the size not always obvious from photos of the watch. think I'll wear the Speedy when going to try one on...
    Quick and dirty of it next to a seamaster. Surprisingly large considering they are both 41mm in diameter although the old classic bond goes down another 100m

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post

I've just taken the bracelet off as I couldn't get as good a fit on my wrist as I'd like and replaced the bracelet with a black 22mm Nato strap.

For me this watch is made to be worn on a Nato, I think I'll be keeping the Nato on from now on. Here are some photos: