closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: could you manage without wearing a watch?

After many years not wearing a watch due to work restrictions i can now wear watches everyday apart from two periods i work in a particular factory

I hate those two weeks!

Craftsman
    yes, I did for about 10 years. perhaps its because I am self employed

Please delete
    Last edited by synaptyx; 31st October 2015 at 04:43.

Quote Originally Posted by synaptyx View Post
    This. Apart from the Fila. My first was a no-name quartz with hands shaped like scissors. My dad is a barber.

32mm couldn't say if it still works or not.

Wow! That's cool - which one was the hour hand?

Funny, got home tonight took my watch off and couldn't remember looking at it at all today. Wouldn't go to work without one though.

Journeyman
    I could but try not to,

Wearing a watch Also saves my phone battery too, I don't have to keep turning on the screen to check the time!

Master
    I occasionally forget to put my watch back on after doing a job that requires me to remove it (e.g. polishing the car, cleaning a drain…) and a strange hollow feeling shadows me until I realise what's missing.

Couldn't possibly manage without a watch on at all times. I even have a nighttime watch with tritium tubes, so that I can know the time in the middle of the night!

Journeyman
    I have a job where I can't always keep my phone on me, but I have to know the time to keep to schedule. If I forget to put on a watch I get a bit panicky.

I'm not comfortable without a watch but can manage, but putting my watch on the wrong wrist unbalances me.

Master
    To answer the thread title - "NO!!!"

If I don't wear a watch (for some reason) it drives me up the wall - I find myself looking at my wrist - only to be unable to find out what the time is. I guess Mobiles might be the modern day equivalent of a pocket watch - but you can't beat the 'glance-ability" of a wrist watch

Simple Q, simple A: NO!

Master

Have done but not for me!!!

I've been absolutely knackered before and left the house without one and literally did feel naked?! to the point where I almost had to just go somewhere to buy one!! Maybe thats the excuse I can use to the wife!!??��

Chris

My arm just feels wrong without a watch, but I have noticed fewer and fewer people wearing them thanks to smart phones.

could you manage without wearing a watch?

Please delete
    Last edited by synaptyx; 31st October 2015 at 04:42.

Master
    was working on site the other day and broke a spring bar, watch fell down inside a massive open gearbox but was thankfully unharmed, i retrieved the watch cleaned it up put it in my pocket and carried on working for about half an hour of so but it bothered me so much i had to go home and get another watch much to the dismay of my boss

Craftsman
    I can manage but the white skin on my wrist under where the watch normally goes is blinding so best to keep it covered :)

It happened once - never again.

I now keep a spare watch in my desk drawer at work - just in case - but have never had to resort to it.

I Would rather lose a kidney or testicle than be without a mechanical watch on my wrist

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I could but i wouldn't.
    I can live without time on my wrist for most of my life but I líke watches.

For one to look at something pretty, well made on my wrist.
    Sometimes to the extreme for pure hedonistic pleasure
    Then for all sorts of associations, whether historic, heritage or personal.
    As complimentary accessory, jewelry, fashion even when not fashionable.
    As a ´statement´; between brackets as it is most times something übersnob nobody notices [img]http://forum.tz-uk.com/images/icons/icon12.png[7img]
    Sometimes to wind someone up
    Etc.

There are só many more reasons to wear a watch than for having time at hand
    and you nééd only one; ´because you are worth it´

Master
    Blog Entries
    I feel naked without one on

Journeyman
    Got to be honest i can take it or leave it during the week at work and i won't lose any sleep if i do, another big no no for me is sport can't have anything on my wrist either.

Going out for a drink/shopping/meal gotta have something on.

sorry but random

Journeyman
    Had mine stolen recently and yes I can live without one, but I will keep looking at my wrist and wondering why is not there! Let's be honest in a world where every device tells the time you don't need a watch the way you need food, shelter or water.

I`ve been off work all week and havn`t felt the need to put a watch on and did not miss wearing one.

Put one on today though - felt good!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoki View Post
    Had mine stolen recently and yes I can live without one, but I will keep looking at my wrist and wondering why is not there! Let's be honest in a world where every device tells the time you don't need a watch the way you need food, shelter or water.
    I rely on my watch far more than I do my mobile or computer as it's way more convenient for me due to work circumstances, noting the time not really comparable with the need to eat or drink etc...

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    I`ve been off work all week and havn`t felt the need to put a watch on and did not miss wearing one.

Put one on today though - felt good!
    agree I need my watch mostly for work but I would struggle out of work without one too

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranges10 View Post
    Sold my last watch ( except for an inherited watch I never wear) yesterday and have been 2 days watch free. As a multiple flipper, this is weird, but I am dealing with it !

Well that came to an abrupt end. Rolex to be bought of SC. No point fighting it !

Master
    I have never left home without a watch but have often forgotten my wallet/phone/passport etc.

Craftsman
    I'm sure I could manage, but I'd feel all dead and empty inside. It simply doesn't feel right.

I would rather leave home without my wallet than without a watch on my wrist..