closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Happy Yank (part II)

Happy Yank (part II)

Just got my second watch PRS-17C and it rocks. I also got the leather strap for the PRS-53 and it looks sharp.

I now wear the PRS-17C for my daily work watch and the PRS-53 for evening, business, or social events.

BTW: Used the PRS-17C to time my pork loin roast on the grill yesterday - better than any timer.

I also have to get a "Lumpy" for the PRS-17C.

Thanks again - and VERY HAPPY!!!!

Congratulations. I am waiting for my turn on the pass-around to give you the lowdown.

As for owning one I am going to wait for a STERILE 'Mission Timer'. :wink: :wink: :wink:

That will bugger them up as to which way round is what! :twisted:

Eddie, please, please make this watch.

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Master
    I could go for one of those John I get this urge to wear a watch on my right wrist :lol: :D
    paul. :D

Can't see a picture. A sterile Plongeur dial and hands are my ideal look on a watch.

Craftsman
    Happy Yank,

I'm not sure how you chose your Timefactors purchases, but those two are the very same watches that made it my way in SF over the last few months.

Excellent choices! Might I ask what's next, since we seem to be on the same wavelength? Perhaps you can save me the indecision (before 1GBP = 10USD!).

Maybe these are stats Eddie holds close, but I wonder how many of his sales are to The USofA? I have yet to see any about town here, but if I do I'm sure an immediate introduction will follow.

-OJ

Quote Originally Posted by odj
    Happy Yank,

I'm not sure how you chose your Timefactors purchases, but those two are the very same watches that made it my way in SF over the last few months.

Excellent choices! Might I ask what's next, since we seem to be on the same wavelength? Perhaps you can save me the indecision (before 1GBP = 10USD!).

Maybe these are stats Eddie holds close, but I wonder how many of his sales are to The USofA? I have yet to see any about town here, but if I do I'm sure an immediate introduction will follow.

-OJ
    Where are you in SF. I used to live there and recently moved to Sarasota, FL.

I still have an apartment on Cole St (in the upper haight).

I found timefactors when searching for the Omega 53 watch (which I became very fond of). I quickly ordered the PRS-53 and now have both the "Bond" Nato and the aviator strap.

I then purchased the PRS-17C because I wanted a watch for everyday use and the PRS-17C fit the bill. I do use the Chronograph - specially when grilling in the backyard - good timer.

My next watch will probablly be the PRS-14. I am a fan of the older simpler dive watches, and wanted something like the Rolex Sub that Bond "Connery" wore. The PRS-14 was designed to capture (in my mind) that 60s era look-n-feel. It's clean, sharp, simple, and looks like Bond would be wearing it.

I am a diver, but I probably would not wear it diving - I usually use a dive computer (Suunto Shark). However, this would look sporting to wear for sure.

I am an avid fan of the 60's and early 70's era sports cars, movies, Bond, etc. It was an interesting time in world history, cold war, race to the moon, new technology, birth of the computers, etc. I was fortunate to travel with my family into the Eastern Bloc and found it (while depressing) facinating. I am also a huge fan of the spy novels that take place during this time period, including films like Spy Who Came in From the Cold, ThunderBall, From Russia with Love, Odessa File, Gemini Contenders, Tinker Tailor, Smiley, etc.

So having these watches (PRS-53, PRS-14) takes me back to that era.

Other watches I am interested in are the old Heuer's that were named and designed for the sports car racing legends, ala Carrera, Monaco, Monza. However, they are pricey. Would be nice if Eddie (TimeFactors) made some of those watches - I would snap them up.

Craftsman
    To a true local of SF, I'm being a bit deceptive. I'm actually firmly planted in Burlingame, after having hopped about the peninsula and east bay for years. Fantastic you still have a place in SF proper as we are currently transitioning through another particularly violent real estate whiplash to re-establish the rental/mortgage equilibrium.

I also discovered Timefactors quite on accident while looking around for vendors who sell Seiko's automatic line. I immediately gravitated to Eddie's creations because of their simplicity (even the 17C) and the care that goes into their design. An appreciation of their historical inspiration came later.

Again, we are on a similar wavelength. The PRS-14 is also currently top on my list (comments in Sales Corner not withstanding), but I suspect that will change when SB3 is unveiled.

Never have been a diver. If only there was time for it!

When you do get The Next One, I'd love to hear your comments on the forum.

Regards,
    ODJ

(snip)......

Again, we are on a similar wavelength. The PRS-14 is also currently top on my list (comments in Sales Corner not withstanding), but I suspect that will change when SB3 is unveiled.
    ....(snip)...
    ODJ
    SB3?

Ahh....seems like I have some catching up to do. I never heard of the SB3.

Craftsman
    Get something to catch the drool, then go to:
    http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19554

Get something to catch the drool, then go to:
    http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19554
    I feel like a dolt! SB3 = Speed Bird 3....

Yeah - I want one of those too!

I am so use to looking for the PRS-XX that I forgot about SB = SpeedBird. I was thinking something like Seiko or something. :roll: