closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Milsub Caseback on ebay

Master

Milsub Caseback on ebay

Just in case anyone happens to have the rest of the watch serial is 376xxxx

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Rolex-B...item3a900ed5d2

OK, let me get this straight: £6k or $10, 100 for a CASEBACK.

Not £6k for neat vintage miniature machine full of springs and gears and jewels, engineered to tiny tolerances and assembled by hand in Switzerland then housed in a fully waterproof case that's been machined and/or stamped from a single block of metal and graced with an iconic dial and handset that tells the time to within carefully prescribed parameters. Oh, and a strap or bracelet to affix said item to your wrist and some military provenance (however sketchy).

No.

What we have here is a single disc of 316L stainless steel. Nnot even the dearer 904L that Rolex now use, although at this level a price differential of x20 wouldn't add that much to the overall cost (I believe it's more like only 50% more). The whole thing is maybe <2" diameter with a screw thread, gasket (?) and some markings on. That's it. Think of it as a coin, if you will. A coin that's worth about 3 months' pay for the "average" British worker.

I'm currently wearing my PRS-82. Bloody good value Eddie.

Master
    Supply and demand, I'm afraid.

Well, we'll see whether the seller gets £6k.

What's that, about about the price of two of rough and ready vintage 5513 subs?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    Well, we'll see whether the seller gets £6k.

What's that, about about the price of two of rough and ready vintage 5513 subs?
    Considering a full spec milsub is several times the price is a standard 5513, that's about right

Craftsman
    Considering the 6538 hands people are asking 16.000 dollars for, that caseback is cheap. :-)

Its part of the game. As these watches go in to the stratosphere price wise, so will the parts. (and have been for a while, really)

m

Craftsman
    And now the listing is ended. Hmmm.

morgan