Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    hi all.
    just received a sealed ipad off vanguard- tim
    but when I opened it the ipad had been engraved with a birthday message
    how can this happen ?
    cheers andy
    Probably done to order.

Is it big and bold?

You can order them factory engraved from Apple directly. Not sure why anyone would want to and if I were you I'd google the warranty position on engraved items...

edit: my mistake - it was only with returns to the Apple Store that you were treated differently if it was engraved, the warranty is the same.
    Last edited by kungfugerbil; 23rd October 2014 at 11:56.

not really big and bold
    I wanted to get it engraved my self cus its for my son at xmas

Maybe a factory mix up? Sent to Tim accidently?

I read it was a corporate gift. Whoever donated it will have chosen the engraving.
    I suspect that most people who received a free iPad may not be too disappointed with an engraving.
    However, you paid for it.
    The seller could not have known the engraving was there, as it was sold sealed.

I would imagine engraved items would have a much lower value, as most people who pay for it, wouldn't want the engraving.
    Wouldn't bother me personally as I never see the back of my iPad, as it is always in a case.

Put a sticker over it, your son will never know :)
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Haha. Yeah could just bang a sticker on it
    Tim has spoken to me. He's 100% happy for me to send it back
    For a refund.
    Andy

Somebody screwed up! Probably Ruth dumped Ben for not being generous enough with his gifts. Ben had already sussed this vibe out and had, teeth-gritted, ordered a special present for Ruth. In the meantime though Ruth had met someone else and decided they were probably more generous than Ben. This being high on the list of Ruth's priorities for what she wanted from a partner, she jumped ship, leaving Ben with an expensive and ultimately futile romantic gesture on his hands. The questions are; who is Ruth, who is Ben, why did she really dump him and who is she going out with now?

Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    Somebody screwed up! Probably Ruth dumped Ben for not being generous enough with his gifts. Ben had already sussed this vibe out and had, teeth-gritted, ordered a special present for Ruth. In the meantime though Ruth had met someone else and decided they were probably more generous than Ben. This being high on the list of Ruth's priorities for what she wanted from a partner, she jumped ship, leaving Ben with an expensive and ultimately futile romantic gesture on his hands. The questions are; who is Ruth, who is Ben, why did she really dump him and who is she going out with now?
    Unless you're already a writer, you're wasted! I need the answers to those questions

Master
    This sounds very much like the start of soap, all we need is someone abducted by aliens and a gay son....

Like it.

so ive had to return the ipad which has cost me £11 for the RMSD , through no fault of my own
    the op wont refund me the postage even after saying perhaps he should of checked the ipad 1st

so ive had to return the ipad which has cost me £11 for the RMSD , through no fault of my own
    the op wont refund me the postage even after saying perhaps he should of checked the ipad 1st
    In this case I'd have to say the seller should reimburse you for postage.

For a minute I thought it was the old, old story; droid meets droid, droid becomes chameleon, droid loses chameleon, chameleon turns into blob, droid gets blob back again and buys engraved ipad, blob meets blob, blob goes off with blob and droid loses blob, chameleon, droid and engraved ipad. How many times have we seen that story?

phil lee. totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    phil lee. totally agree
    I also agree.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    Especially seeing as it was your birthday and all.

Did you pay for postage both ways? If so it'd be courteous of him to refund the return.

If the price 'as stated' included postage, I think it's fair enough you had to pay to return it. He didn't know it was engraved, and was selling it as 'unopened'.

My £0.02.

Blog Entries
    If the buyer has a issue with this sale and the return postage then take this to the H&V forum.