closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oris Pro Diver, impressed !

Life is like a fridge , you only get out what you put in !
    Blog Entries

Oris Pro Diver, impressed !

Picked this up off Speedish last week along with a coffee and a catch up . I must say I am really impressed ! It's big but the Ti makes it much lighter than its bulk suggests .

The pull out, turn and push lock bezel with ceramic insert is a joy to use with smooth clear clicks.

The dial is clear and readable with no fuss, AR coating is up there and Helium escape valve at 9 looks the part. Lume is a minty spearmint blue , and she's keeping superb time at +4 secs per 24 hours.

I understand it's big brother chrono is a beast !

All in all Oris make some superb watches.

Last edited by Chartman69; 6th November 2014 at 19:37.

I kept my eye on this sale
    The only reason that I didn't go for it is that I own an Oris Carlos Coste LE Cenote.
    As you say Oris make some incredible high quality watches.

Hope you get plenty of wear and enjoyment out of your new watch

Master
    I have its big brother and love it. Sadly though I dont get much chance to wear it as it won't fit under a cuff at work so I save it for the days I wear a polo shirt casually in summer. Loads of people aren't keen because of the size but they have the right feel and the quality is there undoubtedly. Enjoy it.

Banned
    Glad to see you've got the mojo back mate.

A truly fantastic sports/tool watch in every way. It would out do other sports watch costing double its price.

It's surprisingly light for its size, heft and build quality. Extremly comfotable. The technical specification is right up there with all the high tech materials, Titanium, Ceramic, superthick sapphire crystal, anti slip rotating bezel with locking mechanism. The bars are solid too, no spring bars here. Suisse build. Just a beast, a great watch.

Just need to go diving now.

Ismaaeel

Life is like a fridge , you only get out what you put in !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speedish View Post
    A truly fantastic sports/tool watch in every way. It would out do other sports watch costing double its price.

It's surprisingly light for its size, heft and build quality. Extremly comfotable. The technical specification is right up there with all the high tech materials, Titanium, Ceramic, superthick sapphire crystal, anti slip rotating bezel with locking mechanism. The bars are solid too, no spring bars here. Suisse build. Just a beast, a great watch.

Just need to go diving now.

Ismaaeel
    Only diving I do is under a duvet ! 😀😉

Banned
    They are very good watches, I've had the Pro diver and this Col. Moschin ltd edition. Try to find a rubber strap as they are also very good and have a great clasp.

Master
    I really like Oris watches, I've got a BC 3 as a daily wearer and I love it. Great purchase and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

Master
    for me, the bezel is the best feeling of all that i own, it just feels lovely and i love the locking mechanism.

id love one of the rubber straps if only to have that beautifully over engineered clasp. to be fair, i think they can be had for pretty sensible money when compared to the likes of breitling et al.

Nice but takes it's man

I love Oris and I tried this when I got my Aquis small second.

Master

Agree Oris Watches are great and mines a keeper, yours is a nice looking Watch too!

Journeyman
    I've always had a soft spot for Oris. I think they have some very classic / timeless designs and build quality appears bulletproof. The BC3's are v nice and the Aquis diver with black face and yellow marking on dial are particularly nice. I will try and acquire one for my collection after I get me a Rolex Explorer 42mm.

Journeyman
    Now I like an Oris! I've tried on the pro diver chrono today and fell in love with it, didn't think I would due to its size but once in the wrist you don't notice it due to the weight. Seriously impressed with the quality but at 2700 I keep thinking I'd prefer a grey SMPO chrono

I had a quick look at Oris watches today funnily enough. A few are in the too big category for me, but quite a number of them look lovely. Seem to be a lot of watch for the money.

I wear my PDD on rubber mostly and it's heaven in the comfort stakes. You're right though, its big bruv is a real monster of a watch.

Master
    Very nice clean dive watch.

Oris

Agreed good value for the money -Aquis grey dial and bezel on my list

I owned a Oris Divers watch in the 70's from Fatorinis (can't speel) in Sheffield, wore it in the swimming pool and it turned into a spirit level........
    It went back and they replaced it no quibble. Next week in the pool guess what, a spirit level again, took it back, replaced no quibble.
    3rd and final one went in the pool and guess what yep spirit level, I went back and they quibbled about a refund saying I must have done something!!! I eventually got my money back and have been put off Oris watches ever since.

Master
    Nice watch, I tried one but found it too big so I stuck with this

Master
    Eagerly awaiting the new Propilot Altimeter in the flesh !!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    that thing is going to be a tiny bit irresistable for me. i do love an unnecessary watch feature: gps, distress beacon, huge depth rating, mechanical altimeter, all ridiculous and superb in equal measures!

Quote Originally Posted by jonah885 View Post
    Nice watch, I tried one but found it too big so I stuck with this
    Now that, sir, is a stonking looking thing! If you ever decide to part with it, let me know. It would see my Titan C out of my watch box, but not much else would!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    I owned a Oris Divers watch in the 70's from Fatorinis (can't speel) in Sheffield, wore it in the swimming pool and it turned into a spirit level........
    It went back and they replaced it no quibble. Next week in the pool guess what, a spirit level again, took it back, replaced no quibble.
    3rd and final one went in the pool and guess what yep spirit level, I went back and they quibbled about a refund saying I must have done something!!! I eventually got my money back and have been put off Oris watches ever since.
    Interestingly, this was at a time when Oris was owned by what is now Swatch. The Swiss watch industry cabal prevented Oris from making jewelled-escapement watches way back when (although they still managed to make a pin-pallet chronometer.). When Oris - quelle surprise - then got into trouble at the beginning of the 70s Swatch picked the brand up for a song, and set it to making cheap, low-end fashion-type watches. (Ah, the things you can do when you're a state-sponsored monopoly!)

Oris management bought it out in the early 1980s. I think they've made a much better fist of it since then, although I'm not in the market for most of them given their massive sizes (except the Big Crown. Glad to see they're still making that one.)
    Last edited by andrew; 11th November 2014 at 21:22.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    There is one in Goldsmiths Trafford Centre, Manchester. I was told they only have 2 among their branch network. Looked impressive in the cabinet but I hesitated to try it on as it's larger than my current tastes. A very 3-dimensional appearance with the cut out dial.

Ant

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    There is one in Goldsmiths Trafford Centre, Manchester. I was told they only have 2 among their branch network. Looked impressive in the cabinet but I hesitated to try it on as it's larger than my current tastes. A very 3-dimensional appearance with the cut out dial.

Ant
    contradicts what they told me on saturday....god bless sales reps...lol