closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: LG 55 inch curved OLED TV.

Master

LG 55 inch curved OLED TV.

Does anyone on here own one? I would be interested in your experiences of it. Many thanks.

Pictures are top class of your looking at it straight on but poor from side angles. I think LG are producing the best screens at the moment.

Rod

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Pictures are top class of your looking at it straight on but poor from side angles. I think LG are producing the best screens at the moment.

Rod
    Cheers Rod. Just doing a bit of research before making a choice for a new TV.

WOW

My parents have just bought one of these - just tried to upload a pic from side view, but won't load properly. Seriously thin, very impressive pic. OP..did you buy one?

4mm thick!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not convinced. It it feels like they, the manufacturers) are trying a new gimmick in the hopes of generating sales.

Craftsman
    I saw an OLED vs LED tv comparison in John Lewis at the weekend. The depth of color on the OLED is much better than standard LED TVs, the HD picture they had on looked phenomenal. Having said that I still thought LED picture quality and colour was very good, and considering the £1000 vs £2500 price tag, while OLED is better, i didnt think it was 2.5x the price better than standard LED.

Henry.

Quote Originally Posted by AM94 View Post
    I'm not convinced. It it feels like they, the manufacturers) are trying a new gimmick in the hopes of generating sales.
    Would agree the curved aspect is a bit of a gimmick and not worth the premium.

Perfect timing for this thread. I've only today been looking at a 55" curved Samsung vs a 55" flat LG. Both 4k. Can't decide if tye whole curved thing is just a gimmick. Also, couldn't see a example of what upscale programs look like.... More research I think.

Journeyman
    I've just got a 55" samsung curved 4k TV and am really impressed - it's a big improvement over the Sony HD I had. There's very little 4k content so it's difficult to fully appreciate the picture capabilities but standard HD looks great and blu ray is very impressive. The curved picture does seem to create a more immersive experience, especially with films. The viewing angles weren't great but I played with the settings and it's now pretty good.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchthisspace View Post
    My parents have just bought one of these - just tried to upload a pic from side view, but won't load properly. Seriously thin, very impressive pic. OP..did you buy one?
    No, I ended up with a Samsung 4k. Very nice and hopefully more 4k content soon.

Master
    A friend bought one a year back. A pixel or 2 went after a couple of weeks. John lewis swapped it for another. A pixel or 2 went.

Friend returned it and got a full refund..

Blog Entries
    It looks nice, but be sure that you're able to view the screen from a proper distance: too close and you find yourself watching the screen from side to side turning: some people tend to constantly turn their head... when watching and trying to absorb everything on the outer edges of the screen. As if you're in a cinema and you're too close to the screen.

Menno