closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone been to Sicily? Ideas for Wedding Reception venues please!

Red face Anyone been to Sicily? Ideas for Wedding Reception venues please!

... Must be beautiful, classy, quite intimate, great food and accommodation and lots to do and see nearby. :) So all advice appreciated. Coastal location would be great too.

30 guests only.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    ... Must be beautiful, classy, quite intimate, great food and accommodation and lots to do and see nearby. :) So all advice appreciated. Coastal location would be great too.

30 guests only.
    Taormina - great watch shops and a wonderful memorial to the XMas divers ( of Panerai fame).

Etna is not to far either.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post

30 guests only.
    The Aeolian Islands without question... Hotel Signum is nice.

Good taxi service, but you can't take your own car. You will have to leave it in Penzance.

Oh, sorry. Got the right specs on now.
    Last edited by unclealec; 14th December 2014 at 11:09.

I'd second Taormina, a beautiful old hillside town overlooking the ocean with bags of character. I used to travel to Sicily quite frequently and this was always the place we'd visit for a chilled lunch or great evening out. I can't recommend a particular place for a wedding reception but have a look HERE, hopefully you'll find something suitable.

Taormina for sure! There are plenty of hotels the San Domenico Palace is amazing as is the Grand Hotel Timeo - I have stayed in both and for something special would go San Domenico. There are also a couple of much newer hotels in the middle of the town can't remember the names now but they were great too.

The town is ideal as nice and small with everything within walking distance and plenty of good restaurants and bars and just nice to wander around.

There is also a "resort hotel" Capotaormina but that is outside of the town but worth looking at.

The only problem is the logistics of getting there as unless in high season as will need to change planes (with associated risk of lost luggage) and is a long taxi ride from Catania (I think about 50 euro) so would need some organisation on your behalf.

Get a copy of the Big Blue (Grand Bleu) as some is set there although they use the pool from Capotaormina.

Red face Thanks for all the advice and input so far!!

Much appreciated and a lot to think about. Date hasn't been fixed yet, but probably March/ April, so shouldn't be too hot! :)

Another vote for Taormina. We went 8 years ago so things may have changed but our stay at the Hotel Villa Ducale in the hills overlooking the main town was one of the best places we have been.

You can hire the villa where they stayed when hiding in the Godfather (where the car is blown up). It is probably an hour from Taormina but would make a lovely sites for a wedding reception and are geared up to catering etc.

I don't know the name as was 10 years ago now but I am sure Google would provide the answer.

Taormina gets my vote too. A really beautiful place with stunning views. I'm sure there would be plenty of venues there.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    You can hire the villa where they stayed when hiding in the Godfather (where the car is blown up). It is probably an hour from Taormina but would make a lovely sites for a wedding reception and are geared up to catering etc.

I don't know the name as was 10 years ago now but I am sure Google would provide the answer.

I had a quick look it is called Castello degli Schiavi in Fiumefreddo and is about half an hour from Taormina.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Taormina, Hotel Timeo is lovely since it got taken over a few years ago.

Aeolian isalnds are stunning, Vulcano has hotel called Therasia which has stunning views and is decent.