closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Setting up new IPhone - Strange issue.

Craftsman

Setting up new IPhone - Strange issue.

Picked up a brand new iPhone 6 yesterday from EE & I'm trying to set it up using ICloud. Done all the usual stuff, backed up my old IPhone then chose that restore on my IPhone 6. However, it then asked me to put in a password to authorise purchases from ITunes etc. All standard stuff, however, the big problem is that the email address it's asking the password for is not my email address...? What's going on there? It's somebody else's email address. Weird as I obviously had to log into my account to see my last back ups.

Does anybody have any idea what's going on?

Master
    Used iphone??

Craftsman
    Nope, brand new and sealed...

I would say it's been used,and yes reboxed

When the wife got her new iphone 6 she discovered that she had ended up with two itunes accounts one for her phone one for her ipad. It took the best part of an afternoon in the Applestore to sort out.

Of course it was my fault:)

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    I would say it's been used,and yes reboxed
    Apple refurb

Lots of companies sell them.

http://www.refurbiphones.co.uk/recon...-used-iphone-6

Master
    If it is new or has had full dfu reset on then it then the email/password would have had to come from the backup. In which case just set it up as a new phone and install the apps manually. Had to do dfu reset with my mum's phone recently when it wouldn't accept her icloud password on the phone (but could log in to the website ok)

Craftsman
    I have managed to set the phone up and sync it with my last ICloud backup. When I opened the iTunes menu in settings I was once again promoted for a password for an email address I have never heard of. Although it cleared showed I was logged into my own iTunes account and my own email address is stored against it. Very strange....

Craftsman
    Problem solved - I hope. I wiped the phone again and this time set it up using a back-up from ITunes instead of ICloud. I now remember why I hate Apple! It would never take the guts of 4 hours to set up an Android phone.
    Last edited by easty-5; 28th December 2014 at 11:57.

Quote Originally Posted by easty-5 View Post
    Problem solved - I hope. I wiped the phone again and this time set it up using a back-up from ITunes instead of ICloud. I know remember why I hate Apple! It would never take the guts of 4 hours to set up an Android phone.
    Its good that you've sorted things out, my work phone is Apple, my personal phone is android and I totally agree with your comment, the apple platform sucks in comparison.