closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: It's winter boot time

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't mind adding a leather sole pair of Fred's to go with my 'C's. Where are they on offer gents?

Ta
    Paul

Master
    i have a number of pairs of timberland boots, i just think they are incredibly good.

2 of the pairs already shown

and

and both are supremely comfy, the first pair is a better winter boot though as it is a lot more sturdy. i prefer it to the regular 6 inch boot as it has a lower profile so feels less clunky

a more smart but fully waterproof boot i have is this:

the leather is super soft and pliable but the sole iss very grippy for such a low profile boot.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I like these but can't seem to find them on the Timberland website; perhaps it's just the pic, which model are they?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    I like these but can't seem to find them on the Timberland website; perhaps it's just the pic, which model are they?
    they are a current model, Rugged earthkeeper or summat:

http://www.timberlandonline.co.uk/en...otwear_sixinch

Master
    they are a current model, Rugged earthkeeper or summat:

http://www.timberlandonline.co.uk/en...otwear_sixinch
    Thanks for that, but they're not in the sale and they haven't got my size anyway

Assuming all goes well with the ones that are en route I think these may well be next:

Just picked up a pair of these, currently £75 delivered on Amazon (sold by Amazon themselves). Even factoring in the sole upgrade, not a bad price I thought.

Newbear beat me to it, Altberg all the way. Uk product and sometimes used by the UK armed services. I have a pair of gortex lined walking boots that have been adapted by Altberg to serve as motorcycle boots. Best boots I have ever worn.

Master
    sometimes used by the UK armed services.
    As they currently have the contract to supply the Armys brown boots "sometimes" is a bit of an understatement. I've a few pairs, but my gentler winter boots are either from Think in Austria or Simpatex lined Loakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    I wouldn't mind adding a leather sole pair of Fred's to go with my 'C's. Where are they on offer gents?

Ta
    Paul
    I visited two of their shops in london, Meard St and Lambs conduit St, only 20 minute walk between the two. Meard St didn't have leather soled Freds in my size but had the welted sole in reddish brown, and lambs conduit had the leather soled Fred in my size but not the welted sole.

The leather soled Freds aren't in the sale, but if you're nice they may throw in some boot oils/waxes/treatments etc . .

Stuarts were doing 50% off some styles of grensons but didn't have my size. http://www.stuartslondon.com/?gclid=...Fe3MtAodLS4Acw

Master
    These Loake Whardales have done me proud for a few winters and have plenty of life in them yet, but having lost a fair bit of weight they are a bit wide these days (who knew that losing weight could affect the feet?) - so they only get worn with insoles and thick socks, and only very casually.

As my primary winter boot requirement only has to deal with London weather and pavements, I've replaced them for work with some Crockett & Jones Northcotes - also with Dainite soles and storm welted, so more robust than their relatively sleek looks imply. Cracking quality.