closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Your favourite watch Accessories and Mods?

Master

Your favourite watch Accessories and Mods?

I've had this watch a while now and I still love it every time I wear it. It's been a while since this has happened and I think part of it is due to the fact I can wear it with different straps easily. However there is ONE strap that stands out from all the rest and is on the watch 99% of the time.

It's this...

The strap is from a guy I found on another watch forum. He's based in Ireland and I'd be happy to pass on his details. I've never owned such a high quality strap before and I love how it's starting to age and wear. It wasn't even expensive :-)

When I first received it, it was a slightly lighter shade of tan than it is now, but the colour is now exactly what I set out to find originally. I'm incredibly happy with this combo and I have other straps from him now as well, which are all just as good.

So it got me thinking, what are your favourite accessories or mods to a watch you either own now or have done in the past?

Craftsman
    I tend to keep my watches on bracelets. The extra orange on this one always makes me smile though.

Banned
    Only 'mods' iv done are strap changes, and plenty of them!

But of any strap anyones tried on the Everest this has to be the best, and therefore the best mod iv done...

OP, yeah the rugged tan leather looks well on what you have there.

Really nice strap that, would you mind if I asked what it set you back?

Not got in to any mods as yet, my first strap is something on the list for the future, do like a braclet but change is as good as the rest.

Absolute best watch kit I've ever acquired is this 22mm Tropic strap. I've put it on at least a dozen different watches, and it gives all of them a great 1960s vibe. Best part? It was thrown in as a freebie when I bought a used PRS-50A. The seller never even mentioned it, just stuck it in the zippered case with the watch. Best freebie I ever got, excluding LuAnne Schebowski.

Master
    Thanks for the comments. I think it was around €35 Loki which, for the quality, is better than anything else I've tried including Steve-o etc.

That Tropic is awesome. I have one on one of my watches and I love how comfortable it is on a hot day.

Banned
    The problem with accessories is they look great on the internet and on those piccies people post. I order, it lands, I pop it on and you know what, it looks poo

Wayne, I’ve seen that strap on your Pam and it really is a perfect match, but I am done with ordering anything, because no matter what recommendations I get, or how much I spend, I will still be a fat ginger bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    The problem with accessories is they look great on the internet and on those piccies people post. I order, it lands, I pop it on and you know what, it looks poo
    Well, you could always send it back or if that fails, offer it up on SC - someone might want to take it off your hands for a small hit ??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Well, you could always send it back or if that fails, offer it up on SC - someone might want to take it off your hands for a small hit ??
    Fair points.

You will learn on SC, small hit isn’t the norm, honestly, so sending back is an option, however, most of the stuff I get tends to be from the Far East and it’s just too much of a faff, so I end up taking option 1 and losing 50%

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I think it was around €35 Loki which, for the quality, is better than anything else I've tried including Steve-o etc.
    Thanks for the reply, wow looks more expensive than that, may be in touch for some details in the near future.

Okey coke then

Master
    Steve I think you just need a better screen!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Thanks for the reply, wow looks more expensive than that, may be in touch for some details in the near future.
    No probs at all, I've already passed them on to one person so happy to help whenever.
    Last edited by W44NNE; 11th January 2015 at 13:48.

Steve I think you just need a better screen!

No probe at all, I've already passed them on to one person so happy to help whenever.
    Cheers

Master
    Blog Entries
    Although far from finished, I like to mess around with my SPORK. When it's finished, hopefully it will be running a Grand Seiko GMT movement

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Although far from finished, I like to mess around with my SPORK. When it's finished, hopefully it will be running a Grand Seiko GMT movement
    You can do that?! I love a diver with a GMT function and that sounds like the perfect route!

I've had a few modded Seiko's in the past, but I really like the one I have now.

As for accessories, I have lots of straps. One of my favourite makers is Stach

Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Blog Entries
    You can do that?! I love a diver with a GMT function and that sounds like the perfect route!
    Not sure if it will work but I'll give it a bash.
    I'll put a wtb up but if anyone has a Grand Seiko GMT they want to sell, drop me a PM.

Blog Entries
    I've had this watch a while now and I still love it every time I wear it. It's been a while since this has happened and I think part of it is due to the fact I can wear it with different straps easily. However there is ONE strap that stands out from all the rest and is on the watch 99% of the time.

It's this...

The strap is from a guy I found on another watch forum. He's based in Ireland and I'd be happy to pass on his details. I've never owned such a high quality strap before and I love how it's starting to age and wear. It wasn't even expensive :-)

When I first received it, it was a slightly lighter shade of tan than it is now, but the colour is now exactly what I set out to find originally. I'm incredibly happy with this combo and I have other straps from him now as well, which are all just as good.

So it got me thinking, what are your favourite accessories or mods to a watch you either own now or have done in the past?
    That's one gorgeous watch and strap Waynne

Master
    Not sure if it will work but I'll give it a bash.
    I'll put a wtb up but if anyone has a Grand Seiko GMT they want to sell, drop me a PM.
    That would be amazing. What about servicing... would Seiko still do it do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by newsboy View Post
    That's one gorgeous watch and strap Waynne

Sounds interesting and expensive!

A chap at uni is currently making a case for a Zenith pocket watch movement and working on a few watch cases of his own design.

Keep us updated!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post
    Sounds interesting and expensive!

A chap at uni is currently making a case for a Zenith pocket watch movement and working on a few watch cases of his own design.

Keep us updated!
    I originally had a bash at a Spring Drive. I picked one up but the date wheels were nowhere near the same diameter.
    Out of interest, could anybody with a GS GMT give me a rough idea of the measurement between the hand stack and the centre of the date wheel? I don't really want to mess around with the dial if I can avoid it.

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=andy tims;3383491]I've had a few modded Seiko's in the past, but I really like the one I have now.

Andy, I'm thinking of trying out a NATO strap on my old cream faced B&R Vintage 126 and the one in your photo look like what I've been looking for. Could you let me know the make. Cheers

Master
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Naesuk;3383885]
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I've had a few modded Seiko's in the past, but I really like the one I have now.

Andy, I'm thinking of trying out a NATO strap on my old cream faced B&R Vintage 126 and the one in your photo look like what I've been looking for. Could you let me know the make. Cheers
    I'm sure Andy will correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like one of Eddies.

Craftsman
    Thanks Dave, I will have a look. Like somebody else said it's nice to see on a watch rather than just layed out on sales pages. I've never tried a NATO strap but have a watch it would look good on and want something for traveling with which can get wet and cope with humid environments. Cheers

[QUOTE=Naesuk;3383885]
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post

I think its a Zulu. I've had it ages.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Journeyman
    Looks great! What dial is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Osian85 View Post
    Only 'mods' iv done are strap changes, and plenty of them!

But of any strap anyones tried on the Everest this has to be the best, and therefore the best mod iv done...

I said as much on the sales thread but I love that blue strap on the Everest, particularly as I've ordered a lovely blue strap for my Everest.