closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRS-20 Non LE finally here - but no price yet....

Apprentice

PRS-20 Non LE finally here - but no price yet....

Guess the price gets posted monday?

Looking at the pictures, it seems like the strap has been fitted by a forum member who should remain anonymous :-) Hope Eddie has spare screws, because the ones depicted are "slightly" mutilated.....

File down the "business end" of your screwdriver for the PRS-20, so that it is "fat" enough for the groove.

Hmm, maybe the watch can be ordered without the strap mounted - the strap I intend to fit to the watch is a Manifatture Firenze, that has been in my watch drawer for a couple of months.

If the non LE could be ordered without the ingravings on the caseback, I would be proxac happy. In my opinion it goes against the clean design of the watch: It serves no purpose - hence it should not be there

BR
    René

Journeyman
    I think the Make, Model, serial # and depth rating is hardly excessive. In fact, it's minimal for a watch. I am sure for some extra cash, Eddie could supply a sterile case back.

I like the fact that there is enough clear area for dedication engraving, because this watch deserves to be awarded to individuals of merit.

Now that you let the cat out of the bag, there will be a host of eager forum members ready to click the "Add To Cart" icon Monday morning.

Any wagers for the time of the SOLD OUT appearance?

Re: PRS-20 Non LE finally here - but no price yet....

if it's a clean caseback you want, you could always buy any of the nameless asian copies out there. :twisted:

AFAIK, all of Eddie's watches have had model, ref/sn engravings.

Quote Originally Posted by RRL
    In my opinion it goes against the clean design of the watch: It serves no purpose - hence it should not be there
    the non-LE arrival is posted in plain view on the site since Fri...not exactly a secret or breaking news.

It's a bitch dealing with those reflections, eh? :twisted:

</img>

Everybody's a fvcking critic. :roll:

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Denizen
    if it's a clean caseback you want, you could always buy any of the nameless asian copies out there. :twisted:

In my opinion it goes against the clean design of the watch: It serves no purpose - hence it should not be there
    The design tradition I have been brought up with dictates "less is more".
    In fact the original had such information stamped on the inside of the caseback

René

The design tradition I have been brought up with dictates "less is more".
    In fact the original had such information stamped on the inside of the caseback

René
    Soooooooo, get the original - problem solved :D

Master
    Name, number, and depth rating. That's all the PRS-20 unlimited's case back will tell if you're lucky enough to catch one. Seems OK to me 8). It looks great with the steel back. IMO :D Nice work, Eddie!

Cheers,
    Gert

They are on the site now - mine is ordered :)

Good price, as well!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Ordered! :) :) :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73
    Ordered! :) :) :)
    Be sure to post your opinion of the blued hands, interested to hear as you [+ others] were holding off the LE until you'd handled one [IIRC?]

The truth about Don Platts :shock: :D :lol:

That Italian DOES make you sexy, eh?

Le due cupole grande della cattedrale di Milano

Will order mine tomorrow :) Missus got the card today (the horror :twisted: )
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

:D

Just two left now and the next lot aren't due before the end of September at the earliest.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

a good price?!....nah, that's an amazing price. :thumbright:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E
    Good price, as well!

Master
    wish I had the wrist to wear it, my 6 7/8 just looks wierd with a big square watch

Quote Originally Posted by jtbold
    wish I had the wrist to wear it, my 6 7/8 just looks wierd with a big square watch
    It is a big watch, but I quite like how it looks on my wrist (6.75")

Dave E

I have a 6.5" wrist and have no problem with the PRS-20.

nice to see those LE´s, everyone has one of those though! Now, the much rarer non-LE, that´s the one to have :):):)

i have a 6 3/4" wrist and fortunately, can manage it (just barely). the watch is big but it sits very flat. it does cover the entire wrist and when i eyeballed it the first time after putting it on, i said "Holy smoke, this thing is big".

but looking at my wrist in the mirror...the watch actually looks quite apropos and is very striking visually. the wide strap helps set the proper contrast. if the watch were any thicker, i don't think smaller wristed people could pull it off.

i'm sorely tempted to order the non-LE but it seems rather wasteful to buy the LE and then not wear it, it's such a nice piece. 8)

i have a 6 3/4" wrist and fortunately, can manage it (just barely). the watch is big but it sits very flat. it does cover the entire wrist and when i eyeballed it the first time after putting it on, i said "Holy smoke, this thing is big".

but looking at my wrist in the mirror...the watch actually looks quite apropos and is very striking visually. the wide strap helps set the proper contrast. if the watch were any thicker, i don't think smaller wristed people could pull it off.

i'm sorely tempted to order the non-LE but it seems rather wasteful to buy the LE and then not wear it, it's such a nice piece. 8)

My plan is to eventually get the non LE for knock around wear. That way I can find a nice croc strap for the LE and wear it for gentle or dress wear. That's the plan you know how they change. :wink:

"In Transit - On Time "
    :):)

After wearing my 47mm B-Uhr for weeks, it will not seem too big

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones
    Be sure to post your opinion of the blued hands, interested to hear as you [+ others] were holding off the LE until you'd handled one [IIRC?]
    Yes . . . the blued hands started to grow on me, actually.

The timing of the non-LE has been perfect; I've wanted to stump up the oof for one of Eddie's finest, and have had a Radiomir PAM210 craving for ages. I'm really looking forward to receiving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee
    I have a 6.5" wrist and have no problem with the PRS-20.
    That's good. I have a 6.5" wrist myself, and I had wondered if I might be forced to flip.

I've already ordered a 26mm Radiomir-style strap from Panatime for it ? I hope it fits. :)

That's good. I have a 6.5" wrist myself, and I had wondered if I might be forced to flip.

I've already ordered a 26mm Radiomir-style strap from Panatime for it ? I hope it fits. :)
    Hi Seamaster

My wrists are a tad under 7 and it fits fine...

26mm, the only way to go.!

Thanks
    deano

Non-LE sold out!!

The non-LE is calling me pretty loudly at it's current price, but I'm still not totally convinced. The numbers and markers are so close to the edge it creates a very big black center. I think I like the Panerai design better, but of course that one is far too expensive.

With the non-LE sold out, it'll at least give me some more time to think about it.

Nice watch with a VERY impressive price. Little surprise it's gone so quick.

I wonder how long it'll take Eddie to get these back in stock?

I'm hoping he's not paying much attention and focusing on convincing Fricker to produce the '50 :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by andamanen
    The non-LE is calling me pretty loudly at it's current price, but I'm still not totally convinced. The numbers and markers are so close to the edge it creates a very big black center. I think I like the Panerai design better, but of course that one is far too expensive.

With the non-LE sold out, it'll at least give me some more time to think about it.
    The current price for the non-le is more than decent compared to what you get. Nuff said about that. I was also very concerned regarding the markers being so close to the edge but it is different in reality - sure they are close still but its a different look when handled in real life compared to two dimensional, static, photos on the internet. You should also note that the dial design on the PRS-20 is more accurate to the original Pre-Vendome Radiomir WWII design than that of the "used to be Florence based, real Italian marquee turned global brand managing conglomerates" offering. The quality is top notch compared to any watch.

Just my 002.

PS. Le # 019 says hi.

mine has arrived - sn 001 - lovely and NOT big, just right!

Now I understand what everyone was raving about, its even more beautiful in the flesh, photos cannot do justice to it. This watch really is a must :)

Apprentice
    # 0706.002 has arrived !!!

congrats RRL, nice isn't it :)

Well done, guys!

Now, where are the pics?
    Dave E

Journeyman
    I am not surprised the first 50 were scooped up so quickly. At that price point, it's a bargain and a half.

I'll have to pick one up for a daily "beater".
    =)

Eddie has another winner.

Now, about that Dreadnought GMT...

...and they are great to piss off the Paneristi and assorted elitist scum. 8)

Got any links to their foot-stamping?

I got one on the way...

to the US...shipping notice just came.

First post.

Been watching for a while - and right place at right time.

Todd

I take you are getting one Todd ?

005 delivered at 0830. :) :) :)

VERY impressed. More anon.

Where's the best place to obtain a strap-change screwdriver?

005 delivered at 0830. :) :) :)

VERY impressed. More anon.

Where's the best place to obtain a strap-change screwdriver?
    You should have one in the case!

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    :D :D

Well, here it is on my skinny 6.5" wrist.

The watch itself has impressed me greatly; the quality and attention to detail is everywhere to see. The fit and finish, the crown action, the lume, everything is of standard you'd associate with a watch costing many, many times more.

I have lusted after a Radiomir base 210 for years, and tried one on several times. This watch scratches that itch very nicely.

I have a 26mm Radiomir-style alligator strap on order from Panatime which I intend to substitute for the original strap. The latter is very good quality, and I particularly like the gorgeous Precista-signed buckle. Unfortunately, it's slightly too loose, even on the tightest hole (my chicken wrists again) and my only criticism of the whole package would be that the contrasting stitching on the strap is an unnecessary detail that detracts from the beautifully understated dial and case.

My hat is off to Eddie. Thanks for making such a great piece available at this price. This is my first Timefactors watch, but I'm sure it will not be my last.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looking good, SM, I'll echo Deano with the "26mm is the way to go" - you'll love it.

What do you think of the hands now? I've seen lots of pics of Panerai with very blue hands - what do the Radiomir Base look like [I've never actually seen a Panerai in the flesh]

It would be nie if Eddie could offer signed 26mm buckles but I guess the minimum order quantity would be too many.

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones
    Looking good, SM, I'll echo Deano with the "26mm is the way to go" - you'll love it ... It would be nie if Eddie could offer signed 26mm buckles but I guess the minimum order quantity would be too many.
    The Panatime strap I've ordered tapers to 22mm, so the Precista buckle should fit. :)

What do you think of the hands now? I've seen lots of pics of Panerai with very blue hands - what do the Radiomir Base look like [I've never actually seen a Panerai in the flesh]
    I've warmed to the blue hands. As many have observed, they're not as shockingly blue in the metal as they are in the pics, except when the light catches them a very certain way. The Radiomir hands are black. If you google "Radiomir" and "PAM210" you'll see what one looks like.

Craftsman

I'm sorry to say it, but this looks terrible on you. Look, just send it to me for 1/2 of what you paid for it, i'll do that for you as a friend. :D

Congrats - that photo seals the deal. Unless EP is pulling a Damasko on us, I will be ordering from the next batch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Here's Ron Jr's posting of pics on TimeZone, which provoked comments:
    http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t= ... sg_2825983

My favourites are "cheap looking hands" [assume because of the colour] and "don't like the hour hand". When I saw this pic, I had to chuckle; PAM249:

I've got no Panerai axe to grind - like I said, never handled one - but it's OK when Panerai charge 8x the LE price for this, but Eddie's looks odd? That makes sense :roll:

Gustav, who has since sold his, posted it along with his Oris and his PAM. Now the guy had a real genuine Panerai watch in the photo, and they still ripped him a new one. I hope that him later selling it didn't have anything to do with that childish (and simply wrong, IMNSHO) response.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/m ... y+1+Pam%29

Quote Originally Posted by worlok
    Gustav, who has since sold his, posted it along with his Oris and his PAM. Now the guy had a real genuine Panerai watch in the photo, and they still ripped him a new one. I hope that him later selling it didn't have anything to do with that childish (and simply wrong, IMNSHO) response.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/m ... y+1+Pam%29
    Pathetic. Seriously, pathetic.

Some people are so far up their own arse they need to get out for a piece of reality once in a while. They need to be nasty to justify to themselves spending 8 times the cost of the Italian on something of questionably better quality.

Nobody likes being told they're a designer-label-dickhead.

Eddie

:):)

and as for the strap, I like the 24mm one that comes with the Italian. Those wire lugs are, like the rest of the watch, so beautifully done you just have to see them.

The white stitching can be touched in with a black permanent felt tip for the poster who didn't like it - I personally think it looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    Some people are so far up their own arse they need to get out for a piece of reality once in a while. They need to be nasty to justify to themselves spending 8 times the cost of the Italian on something of questionably better quality.

Nobody likes being told they're a designer-label-dickhead.

Eddie
    Having read that thread I am puzzled as how rude and childish those people are. - Poor bastards - they propably cry when they come :roll: