closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Facebook tw@ts

Master
    Blog Entries

Facebook tw@ts

Someone I'm vaguely acquainted to on Facebook shared this today

Does anyone (apart from her) still fall for this tripe?

Yes but unfortunately its rife on there at the moment. For every person who pays no attention there are 1000 more who do....sadly
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 16th January 2015 at 21:18. Reason: schoolboy error

Based on the recent status fad, people refusing Facebook rights to their pictures etc by posting a copy and paste status... I'd say yes.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Someone I'm vaguely acquainted to on Facebook shared this today

Does anyone (apart from her) still fall for this tripe?
    Some people fall for it and for some others it's what they want to believe. For these people, whether it's true or not is irrelevant.

People is stupid.

i block my mum on Facebook for exactly this. It's the kind of thing she'll believe. And share.

Master
    I refuse to become a member on face book for this very reason, at least forums like this one are moderated well and seem to attract people who are not complete idiots.

Master
    There's a load of people on my Facebook that post stuff like this everyday, they usually tag me in it too which really annoys me. Most of them I'm related to though so don't usually say anything.

Master
    Blog Entries
    There was a protest march past my work a few weeks ago. About a hundred or so Muslims. I was on my forecourt and a guy came up to me and said 'that's the f*cking problem with this country'.
    'What are they protesting about?' I asked.
    'No idea' he said.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyt View Post
    There's a load of people on my Facebook that post stuff like this everyday, they usually tag me in it too which really annoys me. Most of them I'm related to though so don't usually say anything.
    You can set it so you review any posts you are tagged in before allowing them on your timeline.

Ridiculous! Tesco's at Catterick are full of soldiers.

Master
    Millions of 'em pop up on my newsfeed thing as well, usually friends of friends posting racist rantings on their timeline.

I blocked a couple of tools recently because 90% of their shared material was the utter, utter nonsense seen above from the 'Britain First' group.
    Oddly enough, since then I've had a jolly good time reading the BF page - it's a 100% legitimate, serious group, but reads like a spoof. Check it out if you get a minute, you'll laugh your socks off at some of our countries finest minds finding a common ground. (unless you just kill yourself in total despair)

Craftsman
    Honestly, I can't be the only person who is on the verge of giving it (Facebook) up. It just seems to be one long stream of shit videos (you know the ones - Unilad, cats doing stupid things, dogs doing stupid things, people doing stupid things)...and..as was alluded to in the original post, people sharing crap of the highest order, rather brilliantly (or not, depending how you look on it) not being aware of the significance.

I have a family relation, who, despite being a conserative city councillor, loves to share all manner of crap on facebook. My favourite of which (and he still does not realise) was that he has shared various "Britains First" content, whilst being painfully unaware of its significance.

Isn't that photo years old? There was a huge fuss at the time and the store apologised, red-faced.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Honestly, I can't be the only person who is on the verge of giving it (Facebook) up. It just seems to be one long stream of shit videos (you know the ones - Unilad, cats doing stupid things, dogs doing stupid things, people doing stupid things)...and..as was alluded to in the original post, people sharing crap of the highest order, rather brilliantly (or not, depending how you look on it) not being aware of the significance.

I have a family relation, who, despite being a conserative city councillor, loves to share all manner of crap on facebook. My favourite of which (and he still does not realise) was that he has shared various "Britains First" content, whilst being painfully unaware of its significance.
    Well said, ladbible, twat bible. all complete drivel.

Craftsman
    Exactly!! And that is before we get started on the "Suggested posts" I simply cannot articulate how uninterested I am in attending a 'sermon' from learned business 'scholars' in budapest.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to visit, but its a fair old trek from Cheshire, and I'd be far more interested in the bar girls.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post

I am 1 year Facebook free. I hate people a little less now.

Master
    You need differnet Fb 'friends' ;)
    Last edited by Tomw2000; 17th January 2015 at 08:36.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    it must be true, its on the tinternet

Wtf is this 'facebook' thing?

Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    Wtf is this 'facebook' thing?
    I'm a big fan of twitter and facebook, whenever I overhear oi pollloi chattering about such stuff I then know who to avoid, like a form of verbal sonar pinging away shouting I'm a knob, I'm a knob

I want to leave Facebook atleast once a week these days. When I first joined it was fun, I got back in touch with lots of people and it was really enjoyable. Now, not so much. My main and only reason to stay is so that I can share pictures of my kids with the family. Living abroad it is the easiest way to do so. I get the odd tidbit of info about the family come from the UK but really I find it annoys me because as has been said there is a he'll of a lot of tripe on there these days, and the less intelligent members tend to fall for things like put up by the op. Makes me sad that people can be so easily persuaded by things like that.

Master
    I am glad to say that I have never gone for the initial hype many of my friends gave Facebook when they first joined and tried to get me to sign up to.
    I'm frequently surprised at what they show me on their Facebook pages including photos of cars, jewellery, their houses etc and it wouldn't take a great deal of investigation to work out exactly where they live.
    I have also found that some of them don't actually know how to use the filters properly and their info has been open for others to see, when they weren't aware that was the case.
    Obviously I'm not knocking Facebook or its users but I feel people should know how to properly use it on such an open forum, particularly for their children.