closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vietnam Visa's

Blog Entries

Vietnam Visa's

Gents,

If any of your have visited Vietnam what did you do regarding visas. Sent for, obtained them from the Embassy in person or just sorted at the airport?? We are in London tomorrow visiting the H of P's with our MP so could pop to the Embassy, but understand it can be a pain.

many thanks

Paul

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Not 100% sure mate as I have always arrived in Vietnam on a chopper , but isn't it a 30 day on arrival like Thailand?

mike.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Gents,

If any of your have visited Vietnam what did you do regarding visas. Sent for, obtained them from the Embassy in person or just sorted at the airport?? We are in London tomorrow visiting the H of P's with our MP so could pop to the Embassy, but understand it can be a pain.

many thanks

Paul
    It's about 5 years since I went. i sorted visa's in advance from the embassy, but I live in London so it was easy enough. I don't remember it being a same day service and I doubt they are open on a weekend so I would just apply by post (assuming you have the time to do so). Best to heck the embassy's website for details.

Blog Entries
    Been a week or two OK make that years but I did it direct with the Embassy via RMSD and they were very efficient.

Got ours on arrival a couple of years ago. No problem

Craftsman
    I went to the embassy a few years ago and then they didn't do same day visa. If I remember correctly they only open in the morning and it was first come first served. Interesting experience as the passport was passed to person to person before getting the visa. Good luck.

I've always arranged my visa in advance via the embassy in Kensington, purely to save having to faff about during my precious holiday time.

Blog Entries
    Many thanks chaps and Mrs P is doing via RMSD.

Have enjoyable weekends

Paul

Mine was certainly done in advance using the Embassy but it was a business/govt visa. Enjoy yourself - it was one of my bettter trips;the French influence means that the Vietnamese have a high opinion of both food and coffee (the latter will be chilled). Pho and snails were the two highlights (but there were many more) for me.

You can take the first step on-line and then do visa on arrival on entry.

I have used these guys for 20+ times with no probs but there are plenty of alternatives:

http://www.evisa.com.vn/

If you are going to Saigon, the Beef Pho at Lemongrass. Or go local at Pho Hoa on Rue Pasteur.

Do it on arrival, charge is in USD and you don't get change

Went last year for a 2000 mile motorbike ride around the North, and going back again in late Feb. We did visa via the embassyc they are very fast and flexible if you pay for the express service. Personally, I would advise against doing it on arrival, I would not want to risk 26hrs round trip flights and other costs on the basis of assuming it would be sorted when I landed there.

As an aside, it's been proposed that tourist visa's will be waived for visits up to 15 days, at some point in future.

I went last year (Vietnam & Cambodia) and it was by far my favourite holiday ever. I applied to the embassies direct for my Visa's using RMSD before I went, printed the forms off the website, and visa's came back really quickly. My advice is not to apply on arrival, the queues were huge. It was a joy just going straight through customs after the flights without the hassle.

Craftsman
    I went about eleven years ago and am sure we got ours at the border from Thailand.
    We did get robbed in Sianhoukville so I would watch myself if you find yourself there as we weren't the only ones.