closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Which Panerai or Bremont?

Which Panerai or Bremont?

So it looks like my other half, will be giving me a significant budget, if I complete the London Marathon in sub 4 hours (big if, I know) but my training is going well so fingers crossed & it's a good incentive.

Panerai looks to be getting the nod, however I am falling more & more for the white Bremont Solo & the brand as a whole, plus possible more of an everyday watch, saying that I have been enjoying wearing the fathers Role sub of late as well.

Back to the Pam, a 112 seems to be right choice, loving the simplicity & sandwich dial (this is a must) plus the laminar Betterini (I think) case, however every picture I see of the 372 just makes me want it! The gold hands & deep black dial. My question is how do people get on with the size? 47 not that bugger than my 45 U Boat, and how does the plexi hold up if wearing a lot?

Unfortunately the 390 not being sandwich is a deal breaker, and in some photos looks dull being a tobacco dial.

Sorry for the double post as well

Interesting watch the 372, I have tiny wrists and yet when I put it on it felt great, fitted beautifully and frankly looked brilliant. It's be my choice of PAM right now.

Journeyman
    I had a White Solo and flipped it after a few months. It was a lovely watch that looked great with a variety of straps but it wasn't quite 'special' enough for me. I'd probably go for the PAM.

Banned
    Go for the Panerai a much more versatile watch, strap combinations make owning one more enjoyable.

When the other half gives you the nod take full advantage as these nods don't come around to often.

To be honest you've picked too completely different watches there. I find the white Solo a bit boring, especially when compared the Panerai. I prefer the look of Radiomirs, the new 1940's cases look good, have you considered one of those. Fave Bremont is probably the U-2.

Craftsman
    You won't regret buying a 112 simple classic looks and a never ending choice of straps!!!!

Sandwich dial!!!! Get the PAM

What he said ^^^^^^ get the Panerai!
    Always fancied a Panerai. Think the White solo is a great looking watch but I personally would probably get bored of it easily and end up moving it on. If your given the Nod make sure it's a keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Embles View Post
    I had a White Solo and flipped it after a few months. It was a lovely watch that looked great with a variety of straps but it wasn't quite 'special' enough for me. I'd probably go for the PAM.
    I know what you mean regarding the 'special' part. To be honest I like both the black face and white face solo, something about either of them I really like. Pam does seem more special, but would/ could I wear it a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    To be honest you've picked too completely different watches there. I find the white Solo a bit boring, especially when compared the Panerai. I prefer the look of Radiomirs, the new 1940's cases look good, have you considered one of those. Fave Bremont is probably the U-2.
    Haven't got any love for the Radiomirs, the 40's case I like, but seem a bit plain to me IMHO. If I'm going to get a Pam it would have to have the crown guard. As above I like the black face Solo also, but my take is I will pick up black face Pam at some point, & have Rolex sub which covers me, and though the white face is slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by cannondale View Post
    You won't regret buying a 112 simple classic looks and a never ending choice of straps!!!!
    I tried on the newer 8 day version when in New York, (originally wanted a base logo 000) but the 112 appealed more since sandwich, it's just the gold hands of the 390 & 372 which draw me, like a mozzy to a light!!!

Saying that I think I may find the 112 case more wearable than the 372. To many choices/ decisions I have on the Pam side, really need to try a load on. Have tried both the Solo's on 37mm & 43mm & I'm liking both & loving the brand (for some reason) :)

best of both?

?

Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    ?
    Not keen on an auto Pam, or the inner cyclops plus lack of sandwich dial. Although the 113 I do like. :)

Bremont ?

Extra expensive for what they are offering imho.

Panerai = 112 ?

All the best

Nicolae

Quote Originally Posted by Laur View Post
    Bremont ?

Extra expensive for what they are offering imho.

Panerai = 112 ?

All the best

Nicolae
    Some would say the base Pams are as well. Think the Solo's are reasonable priced for what they are.