closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Celtic Vs Rangers tomorrow.

Journeyman

Celtic Vs Rangers tomorrow.

Anybody watching the game tomorrow or going? I myself will be going and hoping the atmosphere will be quite something given the 3 year absence. Will hopefully be a good game with lots of goals and some crunching tackles.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Should be a cracking match!

I didn't think these teams had ever played each other.

Journeyman
    In days gone by I would've been out all weekend leading up to the game then out for a day after it if the result went the right way. Not going and don't think I'll ever go to another Old Firm game again.
    Got friends over from Holland so managed to sort them out tickets.
    Will be watching the game in my local as the town will be a war zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post
    I didn't think these teams had ever played each other.
    Yawwnnnn!!!

Blog Entries
    Gave 2 tickets to my brother in law this morning, don't much fancy being in town tomorrow either.

After watching Rangers being liquidated and die a few years ago, I'm looking forward to this match between Celtic and this new club play for the first time.
    Last edited by zippy; 31st January 2015 at 18:13.

Master
    Why not spend a couple of grand, write a laughable article about how Rangers don't exist and take out a full page advert in The Herald showing everyone how bitter you are. Oh wait some Celtic fans already did that.
    Or write to the ASA, or the SFA, SPFL, Uefa, Fifa, Lord Nimmo etc and ask them if its the same club.

Will hopefully be getting a ticket to enjoy the game win or lose. Should be a full house and here's hoping it passes off without too much trouble for any supporters or just people in town.

Journeyman
    I know Celtic is not the team they have been in the past few years after losing some players to bigger clubs but can Rangers hang here?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TorGunnar View Post
    I know Celtic is not the team they have been in the past few years after losing some players to bigger clubs but can Rangers hang here?
    In all honesty probably not, with the players and manager they have at the minute, plus playing in lower divisions for the last 3 years. But there is always a chance in these games. I've been to games where one team was far superior during the season and during the game but still lose. Plus the cup games just look at Chelsea recently.
    Most supporters will be looking forward to this one ever since the draw was made. We've missed these matches.

Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    Why not spend a couple of grand, write a laughable article about how Rangers don't exist and take out a full page advert in The Herald showing everyone how bitter you are. Oh wait some Celtic fans already did that.
    Or write to the ASA, or the SFA, SPFL, Uefa, Fifa, Lord Nimmo etc and ask them if its the same club.

Will hopefully be getting a ticket to enjoy the game win or lose. Should be a full house and here's hoping it passes off without too much trouble for any supporters or just people in town.

Oh dear, touched a raw nerve have we . No matter how you dress it up,the fact's remain, Ranger's were liquidated and as the club were one and the same as the company , they died. They set up as a new entity, new Companies house number , new Scottish league licence, newly admitted to the Scottish league in the third division, staff tupe'd over to the new entity and even with a new name "The Rangers", I could go on.

The bottom line is, you could write to the Queen, Pope or the Dalai Lama, the fact's will never change, Rangers died.

Master
    Mate you haven't touched a nerve at all. You carry on with what you think is right and enjoy yourself. I will do the same with my own opinion. Some folk have to remember it's just a game of football.

Master
    Oops double post.

Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    Mate you haven't touched a nerve at all. You carry on with what you think is right and enjoy yourself. I will do the same with my own opinion. Some folk have to remember it's just a game of football.
    Of course I haven't touched a nerve mate . I've just enjoyed watching the journey of the new club.

Will Gordon Ramsay be playing for Rangers?

Craftsman
    I live nearby and will be staying in and keeping head down,too many drunken idiots about on both sides looking for trouble.

Master
    Blog Entries
    C'mon guys. Be honest: Tomorrow is nothing about football. Yes Dundee Utd will play the winner but not before there is pain and agony for many - off the park.

These 2 clubs represent all that is wrong in some parts of a proud nation. They are more of an embarrassment to Scotland and the decent folk that live there than even Alex Salmond, and arent we all truly glad he failed in his crusade to destroy the country.

For those families with affiliations to either side, god forbid in a 'mixed' family, tomorrow will be high stress and filled with hate. Normal, sane people lose it completely.

And those blinkered Scots folk talk about all this with pride!?! WTF!!

For those of you out of Scotland, you thankfully have no idea what its like or the reality that is an Old Firm game. Go into a pub in some parts of Glasgow, and elsewhere, and you will get the 3 Question interrogation to determine your 'allegiance'. Great!!

Anyway, enjoy the spectacle tomorrow. If you watch it at all on TV, check the contorted faces of hate in the crowd and the vitriol spewing out. And not at the football - its aimed at opposing fans. Some of the attendees probably wont be able to tell you the score or the players on the pitch they are so wound up by it all.

Aye, nothing queerer than folk.

I would never have missed a derby game but I'm actually not fussed at all to be missing this tomorrow. It's difficult to see Rangers walking away with anything from this match.

Journeyman
    Fortunately I'm working in Aberdeen these days so won't have to deal with the nonsense afterward which often spoils the game and gives the Derby a bad name as I will be heading back up the road tomorrow anyway. It should be a Celtic win and would be a major upset otherwise but you never know in a cup game. Yes Celtic aren't the team they used to be but in a winner takes all situation, it's anyones for the taking.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    C'mon guys. Be honest: Tomorrow is nothing about football. Yes Dundee Utd will play the winner but not before there is pain and agony for many - off the park.

These 2 clubs represent all that is wrong in some parts of a proud nation. They are more of an embarrassment to Scotland and the decent folk that live there than even Alex Salmond, and arent we all truly glad he failed in his crusade to destroy the country.

For those families with affiliations to either side, god forbid in a 'mixed' family, tomorrow will be high stress and filled with hate. Normal, sane people lose it completely.

And those blinkered Scots folk talk about all this with pride!?! WTF!!

For those of you out of Scotland, you thankfully have no idea what its like or the reality that is an Old Firm game. Go into a pub in some parts of Glasgow, and elsewhere, and you will get the 3 Question interrogation to determine your 'allegiance'. Great!!

Anyway, enjoy the spectacle tomorrow. If you watch it at all on TV, check the contorted faces of hate in the crowd and the vitriol spewing out. And not at the football - its aimed at opposing fans. Some of the attendees probably wont be able to tell you the score or the players on the pitch they are so wound up by it all.

Aye, nothing queerer than folk.
    Well said sir, everything that is bad about this great country we live in comes from this so called rivalry.
    Nothing but blind bigoted hatred that should have no place in any society.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ASK3L View Post
    Well said sir, everything that is bad about this great country we live in comes from this so called rivalry.
    Nothing but blind bigoted hatred that should have no place in any society.
    I have no pride in saying thanks for that Ask3L.

I have travelled to many countries and met some (and dealt with) nasty people but NOTHING compares to whatll go on tomorrow. Some of those involved tomorrow are seriously educated and appear to hold down position and status in society, but because they have a belief in tribal matters they excuse themselves and even try justification for what they see as rites (sic). Oh dear!

But like in a lot of things, a small part of some peoples lives has a major impact on the rest. Still, in the bigger picture, events and the incidents that eminate therefrom from this one game has got money wrapped round it and so we see the real in driver for many..........

Craftsman
    I am no fan of the Old Firm but many years ago enjoyed going to the odd derby game - unbelievable atmosphere. Tomorrow I will not watch the game nor will I let any of my family near the town. After a 3 year break, the atmosphere will simply be evil. Scottish football is broken.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ru55 View Post
    I am no fan of the Old Firm but many years ago enjoyed going to the odd derby game - unbelievable atmosphere. Tomorrow I will not watch the game nor will I let any of my family near the town. After a 3 year break, the atmosphere will simply be evil. Scottish football is broken.
    Very true Ru55 - and to think this two from the Scottish game though they could hold their own in the English Premier league. You couldn't make it up

Scottish football has been broken since the early-mid 90s.

Banned
    I fear the worst, but hopefully the Gers can beat the soap dodgers.

Craftsman
    It's about time Celtic got into the EPL and did 10 in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    It's about time Celtic got into the EPL and did 10 in a row.
    What? Relegations?

Journeyman
    Bit of a dull one but no real surprise in the result. Rangers just don't have the quality and that was clear throughout the team. Celtic could have and probably should have kicked on and scored more but with no threat it was easy to just sit back. Atmosphere was definitely better than the game itself though.

Journeyman
    I'd love to see Celtic in the EPL. Is that even possible?

About equally as possible as gun control in the USA.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    I fear the worst, but hopefully the Gers can beat the soap dodgers.
    I'm a Celtic supporter and I can assure you that I'm not a soap dodger. I'm not aware of any fellow Celtic supporters answering to that description, either.

Not going to label any Sevco supporters as soap dodgers; mainly because I prefer not to stand too close to them.

Journeyman
    There was talk about it a few years ago but I honestly think it would be embarrassing for Celtic going to the premier league. They would not fair well and would more than likely fall through the divisions, this is coming from a Celtic supporter as well.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMO20 View Post
    There was talk about it a few years ago but I honestly think it would be embarrassing for Celtic going to the premier league. They would not fair well and would more than likely fall through the divisions, this is coming from a Celtic supporter as well.
    Can't see that happening. Celtic + a huge influx of cash; they can just buy what they need to survive.

It won't happen of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil T View Post
    Can't see that happening. Celtic + a huge influx of cash; they can just buy what they need to survive.
    No chance.

Did you see the match this weekend? The quality was shocking. Celtic maybe have one player that would get a game in a premiership team. No team on the planet has the money to buy an entire squad to get survival in the EPL.

Journeyman
    While I see the point that yes Celtic could just buy the players they need to be competitive but they would need an astronomical amount of money to do so, Manchester City style. With the fair play rules as well this is becoming less likely. The problem is they have no players who would get a game week in week out at one of the better teams in the premiership.